Pacers Nearing One-Year Deal With Tyreke Evans

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Pacers Nearing One-Year Deal With Tyreke Evans 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 3, 2018 7:54 pm

Tyreke Evans is nearing agreement with the Indiana Pacers on a one-year deal.

Evans spent last season with the Memphis Grizzlies.

The Grizzlies kept Evans at the trade deadline.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Re: Pacers Nearing One-Year Deal With Tyreke Evans 

Post#2 » by DoItALL9 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 8:04 pm

$12M

The Grizzlies could've gotten at least a 2nd rd pick for him last year, no?

Boston?
Houston?
GSW?
Cleveland?

I'm sure he could've helped a playoff team.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
rgm70
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#3 » by rgm70 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 8:18 pm

Pacers are gonna be better next season... i say a 3 seed in the east.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 3, 2018 8:22 pm

Improved version of Lance?

Pacers doing good work, adding McDermott as well.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
commentatorer
Sixth Man
And1: 815

Post#5 » by commentatorer » Tue Jul 3, 2018 8:27 pm

Indiana are getting the guys that Houston needed, McDermott & Evans.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#6 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jul 3, 2018 8:40 pm

commentatorer wrote:Indiana are getting the guys that Houston needed, McDermott & Evans.

Houston has no money to offer. The couldn't even keep their own guys like Ariza.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,568

Post#7 » by Harry Garris » Tue Jul 3, 2018 8:48 pm

commentatorer wrote:Indiana are getting the guys that Houston needed, McDermott & Evans.

Houston doesn't want these guys, Houston wants versatile defenders. These guys can't defend their way out of a paper bag. McDermott especially...
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#8 » by ontnut » Tue Jul 3, 2018 9:04 pm

Good deal for both sides. A little surprised Evans didn't get (seek?) more term. But he'll be nice on their team.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#9 » by kuclas » Tue Jul 3, 2018 9:20 pm

ontnut wrote:Good deal for both sides. A little surprised Evans didn't get (seek?) more term. But he'll be nice on their team.

Nba teams have learned their lesson from 2016 with throwing money all over the place to average players and locked into 4 year bad deals.

Nba teams don’t have much money in cap space so being more prudent and not over committing.

So seeing a lot of one year deals. Or 2 year deals with player option for 2nd year which essentially is a one year deal for teams.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jul 3, 2018 9:31 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Houston has no money to offer. The couldn't even keep their own guys like Ariza.

They could have kept Ariza. They decided that he is't worth anywhere near $15M. Good call!
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#11 » by ontnut » Tue Jul 3, 2018 9:42 pm

kuclas wrote:
ontnut wrote:Good deal for both sides. A little surprised Evans didn't get (seek?) more term. But he'll be nice on their team.

Nba teams have learned their lesson from 2016 with throwing money all over the place to average players and locked into 4 year bad deals.

Nba teams don’t have much money in cap space so being more prudent and not over committing.

So seeing a lot of one year deals. Or 2 year deals with player option for 2nd year which essentially is a one year deal for teams.

I get that, and a lot of teams are trying to preserve cap space for 2019. But still, Tyreke Evans probably is good enough and consistent enough to have earned more than a 1 year deal. The dollar value makes sense though.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#12 » by kuclas » Tue Jul 3, 2018 11:50 pm

ontnut wrote:
kuclas wrote:

I get that, and a lot of teams are trying to preserve cap space for 2019. But still, Tyreke Evans probably is good enough and consistent enough to have earned more than a 1 year deal. The dollar value makes sense though.

Teams gearing up for 2019 free agent class. Kyrie, Leonard, Klay etc.

Teams want flexibility if they can’t find their max player. So teams that missed out on Lebron, Paul George. They don’t want to over commit for more than 1 year.

The best teams can offer is 12 million (but one year deal). JJ reddick got 12 million from sixers one year deal cause sixers trying to conserve max space for 2019
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#13 » by The_Hater » Wed Jul 4, 2018 12:52 am

So much for the Grizzlies refusing to trade him at the deadline because they wanted to keep him. And is much fir the Grizzlies trying to win in 2018-19

How does Chris Wallace still have a job?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#14 » by Mwd1981 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 6:59 am

I find this guy an interesting player, came into league as ROY, dealt with injuries and disfunctional franchises. Matured, improved his shooting, found his position as wing rather than point, played with stable franchise and rehabbed his value.

He’s got good tools. Can shoot, handle the ball, create a bit. I think he’s a bargain

Return to Wiretap Discussion