Isaiah Thomas Discussing Contract With Magic

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Isaiah Thomas Discussing Contract With Magic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 4, 2018 1:45 am

The Orlando Magic and Isaiah Thomas are holding discussions on a possible contract.

While no agreement has been reached between Thomas and the Magic, both sides want to get a contract done.

Thomas was traded by the Boston Celtics to the Cleveland Cavaliers last August and again to the Los Angeles Lakers at the trade deadline.

Via Alex Kennedy/HoopsHype

rgm70
Freshman
And1: 17

Re: Isaiah Thomas Discussing Contract With Magic 

Post#2 » by rgm70 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:20 am

Get it IT. All you need is one team.
Boston and Ainge destroyed his career. Pressured him into playing while injured and screwed him big time. This guy lost over 100mil cause he kept playing deep into the playoffs for Boston. Hope he gets a decent contract.
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#3 » by Elnegron » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:26 am

Leave to to magics to save ninja Tuttle. I don't think Boston messed I miss playing. hE mess himself up by trying to stat pad to get a bigger contract while talking smack about backing up the brink
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#4 » by Elnegron » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:28 am

Boston didn't mess him up. People play for contract years , he gambled and lost
rgm70
Freshman

Post#5 » by rgm70 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:56 am

Elnegron wrote:Boston didn't mess him up. People play for contract years , he gambled and lost

BS. Boston pressured him to keep playing while injured on the playoff run and then traded him when he was totally fu-ked up.
No way to twist this into 'it was his fault for stat padding'. That is utter and complete BS and you know it.
leo7
Junior
And1: 189

Post#6 » by leo7 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 3:25 am

rgm70 wrote:
Elnegron wrote:Boston didn't mess him up. People play for contract years , he gambled and lost

BS. Boston pressured him to keep playing while injured on the playoff run and then traded him when he was totally fu-ked up.
No way to twist this into 'it was his fault for stat padding'. That is utter and complete BS and you know it.

Boston could've shut IT down before his hip got worse, but they weren't planning on paying him anyways so from a business standpoint it makes sense.Also Boston did fire the medical staff right after IT was traded to Cleveland.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#7 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Wed Jul 4, 2018 4:10 am

Honestly, dude shouldnt have said anything about a brinks truck...basically that said im putting pressure on my team... Well they played IT and IT got played.

Counting chickens. He's made millions btw and will make more, hardly a charity case.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#8 » by dan-man » Wed Jul 4, 2018 4:14 am

NBA GM's have wised up and players with torn achilles, labrums, or whatever else aren't getting anything more than a discounted 1 year deal as it should be. Ten years ago some GM would have thrown a 3-4 year deal at this situation...
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#9 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Jul 4, 2018 4:20 am

Phew! For a second I thought he's actually discussing a contract with Magic Johnson :lol: :lol: :lol:
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
BooRadleysHouse
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#10 » by BooRadleysHouse » Wed Jul 4, 2018 4:43 am

The Laker Kid wrote:Phew! For a second I thought he's actually discussing a contract with Magic Johnson :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I bet LeBron would love to be reunited with him…lol.
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#11 » by Rek » Wed Jul 4, 2018 4:46 am

BooRadleysHouse wrote:
The Laker Kid wrote:Phew! For a second I thought he's actually discussing a contract with Magic Johnson :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I bet LeBron would love to be reunited with him…lol.

I'm sure Rondo is supportive as well.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jul 4, 2018 5:36 am

The hate for this 5' 9" dude doing what we can't is astounding! I understand people hating on Dwight for not taking it seriously enough, or whatever. He's got all the tools, 6' 10" and crazy athletic. Some of us feel that we would do more with what he has. But IT doesn't have a leg up on most of us.... he just worked harder. He's better than us. We have to live with it. :nonono:
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#13 » by Pukovnik » Wed Jul 4, 2018 5:41 am

Just wait and see how he eventually signs for the Warriors as a backup for Steph Curry. Just wait....
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,366

Post#14 » by robbie84 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 5:46 am

rgm70 wrote:

Please prove this. Otherwise you're talking out your azz.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,379

Post#15 » by WestbrookGOATed » Wed Jul 4, 2018 5:49 am

Great fit make it happen Orlando. They definitely make the playoffs if they lock him up.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#16 » by luss54321 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 6:36 am

rgm70 wrote:

I would believe this if IT's entire personality didn't revolve around his cocky brovado and arrogance. I guarantee he made the decision to play to show everyone how tough he is. Every player is responsible for their own health and well being. They're grown men, not high school kids.
cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#17 » by cruwinas » Wed Jul 4, 2018 9:52 am

Better go East, little guy.
:crazy:
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,575

Post#18 » by basketballRob » Wed Jul 4, 2018 10:05 am

rgm70 wrote:Get it IT. All you need is one team.
Boston and Ainge destroyed his career. Pressured him into playing while injured and screwed him big time. This guy lost over 100mil cause he kept playing deep into the playoffs for Boston. Hope he gets a decent contract.

I'm rooting for him to help Magic knock Boston out of the first round of the playoffs!!
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#19 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Wed Jul 4, 2018 12:46 pm

Good fit for both sides. Rooting for Isaiah, hope he gets a deal soon
rgm70
Freshman

Post#20 » by rgm70 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 1:03 pm

robbie84 wrote:
rgm70 wrote:

Please prove this. Otherwise you're talking out your azz.

The proof is right in front of you... all you have to do is see it.

Return to Wiretap Discussion