Kings Pivot To Trades With $17M In Cap Space

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kings Pivot To Trades With $17M In Cap Space 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 6, 2018 1:42 pm

The Sacramento Kings have explored the free agency market but are determined to avoid signing any multiyear contracts that would impact next year's cap.

The Kings will instead focus on the trade market and pursue absorbing contracts in exchange for a first round pick in 2019 or a veteran small forward.

The Kings pursued free agent Mario Hezonja to fill their need for a small forward but he signed with the New York Knicks.

The Kings had some level of interest in Jabari Parker, but they view him as a power forward instead of a small forward.

Via Jason Jones/Sacramento Bee

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Re: Kings Pivot To Trades With $17M In Cap Space 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Fri Jul 6, 2018 2:03 pm

Imagine all the picks/prospects we could have gotten post Cousins by doing this earlier. Fan base of even the diehards finally breaking down to the point of delaying gratification.

Vivek bring in Hinkie after this season.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#3 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Jul 6, 2018 2:05 pm

come on Vlade do the Lake show a favor, Deng & Lonzo & future #1st and some cuban cigars for Fox & zach randolph and labissiere
Joshuan3
Senior
And1: 178

Post#4 » by Joshuan3 » Fri Jul 6, 2018 3:35 pm

Carmelo Anthony ? OKC needs to save some Tax $$ and Garrett Temple would fit perfectly with OKC
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#5 » by codydaze » Fri Jul 6, 2018 4:17 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:come on Vlade do the Lake show a favor, Deng & Lonzo & future #1st and some cuban cigars for Fox & zach randolph and labissiere

Yeah, no.
dmutt
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#6 » by dmutt » Fri Jul 6, 2018 5:32 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:come on Vlade do the Lake show a favor, Deng & Lonzo & future #1st and some cuban cigars for Fox & zach randolph and labissiere

Vlade Divac is a fool but he is not a damn fool.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 656

Re: RE: Re: Kings Pivot To Trades With $17M In Cap Space 

Post#7 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Fri Jul 6, 2018 7:49 pm

There's a special place for trolls

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
badass316
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,075

Post#8 » by badass316 » Fri Jul 6, 2018 8:38 pm

Wtf, hell no.

Deng + 2 unprotected 1st round picks sounds more reasonable.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#9 » by The_Hater » Fri Jul 6, 2018 9:32 pm

So Divac is going to do this summer, what he should have done last off-season instead of wasting all that money on 3 useless veterans in Randolph, Carter and Hill. At least he finally learned something about being a GM I guess.

Now if he would just stop drafting so many stiffs with all those 1st round picks, things might start to look up!
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#10 » by jason bourne » Sat Jul 7, 2018 12:13 am

So has Vlade given up on Zach Lavine? That's would be a good move if has. He's got to be looking for a SF who can pass, shoot, rebound and be a potential All-Star. Dang, he missed out on Luka Donkic.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by jason bourne » Sat Jul 7, 2018 12:26 am

badass316 wrote:

Wtf, hell no.

Deng + Lonzo Ball + 2 unprotected 1st round picks for Fox + Labissiere + Randolph + Koufos works on trade checker. I'd want Ingram, too, since Sac needs a SF. The unprotected picks may not be worth that much if Lakers make playoffs from next season on.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7092684
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by lonzo_pelota » Sat Jul 7, 2018 12:40 am

jason bourne wrote:
badass316 wrote:

Wtf, hell no.

Deng + Lonzo Ball + 2 unprotected 1st round picks for Fox + Labissiere + Randolph + Koufos works on trade checker. I'd want Ingram, too, since Sac needs a SF. The unprotected picks may not be worth that much if Lakers make playoffs from next season on.

cant give up ingram he's gonna be the centerpiece to get us Kawhi or Lillard or other or simply step up into the player we think he can become next season alongside bron bron
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by lonzo_pelota » Sat Jul 7, 2018 12:41 am

:D
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by jason bourne » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:08 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
badass316 wrote:
Wtf, hell no.

cant give up ingram he's gonna be the centerpiece to get us Kawhi or Lillard or other or simply step up into the player we think he can become next season alongside bron bron

Kings fans have been jaded by Vlade Divac's incompetent moves. Deng + Ball + 2 unprotected 1st round picks would be a rape job by the Lakers. The Lakers would be getting one of the most exciting young pass first PGs in Fox and Labissiere could be of WCS level still on a rookie contract. If I were Vlade, I would ask for both Ingram and Kuzma and settle for a protected pick. This works on trade checker, too.

ImageImage
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#15 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:15 pm

jason bourne wrote:So has Vlade given up on Zach Lavine? That's would be a good move if has. He's got to be looking for a SF who can pass, shoot, rebound and be a potential All-Star. Dang, he missed out on Luka Donkic.

Bogdan can play SF?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by jason bourne » Sun Jul 8, 2018 1:07 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
jason bourne wrote:So has Vlade given up on Zach Lavine? That's would be a good move if has. He's got to be looking for a SF who can pass, shoot, rebound and be a potential All-Star. Dang, he missed out on Luka Donkic.

Bogdan can play SF?

The problem I see with the Kings is that they got too many similar level players at the same position at SG and SF. Who are you going to choose between SG - Bogdan, Hield, Shumpert or SF - Temple, Justin Jackson, Nigel Hayes

ImageImage

Return to Wiretap Discussion