Kyle Anderson Agrees To Four-Year, $37.2M Offer Sheet With Grizzlies

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyle Anderson Agrees To Four-Year, $37.2M Offer Sheet With Grizzlies 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 7, 2018 1:26 am

Kyle Anderson has agreed upon a four-year, $37.3 million offer sheet with the Memphis Grizzlies.

The San Antonio Spurs will have 48 hours to match the offer.

The Grizzlies used their full midlevel exception on the offer as they were determined to improve the small forward position.

The deal includes a 15 percent trade kicker.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Re: Kyle Anderson Agrees To Four-Year, $37.2M Offer Sheet With Grizzlies 

Post#2 » by TKainZero » Sat Jul 7, 2018 2:29 am

Spurs are falling apart
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#3 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 3:37 am

$9mil/year is all it takes to lock up Kyle Anderson in this market? I'm disappointed that Brooklyn didn't get him. I always thought he'd be a great fit as a playmaker in our lineup, and he had top-5 SF impact last season from an advanced stat standpoint. He's sneaky good, this year's Otto Porter at half the price.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,556

Post#4 » by Harry Garris » Sat Jul 7, 2018 3:58 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:$9mil/year is all it takes to lock up Kyle Anderson in this market? I'm disappointed that Brooklyn didn't get him. I always thought he'd be a great fit as a playmaker in our lineup, and he had top-5 SF impact last season from an advanced stat standpoint. He's sneaky good, this year's Otto Porter at half the price.

Yes because no one has any cap space
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#5 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 4:36 am

^Exactly, there were more players whose on-court value would traditionally be worth big money than their were big-money teams. Kind of the opposite of 2016.

But for instance, why didn't Sacramento go after him? I know Kyle isn't for everyone, but they have a CRATER of a hole at the starting SF spot. They have 4 talented young guards to develop already, and instead opted to sign another guard to a giant offer sheet. I'm not hating on Zach at all, but even IF he's healthy, he can't make the on-court impact that Kyle does. I'm not even sure he can make the impact that those other 4 guards do.

Oh well, I think that GM's are going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the deep stats era. For now, the horribly inefficient physical marvel gets the big bucks, while the under-whelming athlete that posts All-Defensive team stats continues to fly under the radar.

Cue the Titanic music in the background of this post: "near, far, wherever you are..."
-- Steve Martin
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#6 » by RonaldArtest » Sat Jul 7, 2018 5:54 am

This is a bargain contract, Kyle's impact on the court is pretty huge.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#7 » by TKainZero » Sat Jul 7, 2018 9:38 am

Kyle Anderson was one of my favorite players at UCLA, and from about pick 12-14 on, I was shocked that so many teams passed on him. Perhaps the raptors had it the worst... taking me 2 years away from 2 years away...

Anderson and Levine came out the same year (along with Jordan Adams) all from UCLA!!

Levine was all potential, but Dude could shoot and dunk.

Anderson was just... slow... it seemed that’s all anyone saw with him. Just slow.

Poor Adams was hurt over and over and over.

Anderson is a sneaky good player.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Tamimi
Junior
And1: 30

Post#8 » by Tamimi » Sat Jul 7, 2018 1:41 pm

It looks like it's time for the Spurs to start a rebuild.
chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Post#9 » by chipchipperson » Sat Jul 7, 2018 2:07 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:$9mil/year is all it takes to lock up Kyle Anderson in this market? I'm disappointed that Brooklyn didn't get him. I always thought he'd be a great fit as a playmaker in our lineup, and he had top-5 SF impact last season from an advanced stat standpoint. He's sneaky good, this year's Otto Porter at half the price.

I can't imagine how 9 mil per will be enough to scare away the Spurs.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#10 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jul 7, 2018 3:23 pm

I wouldnt call this a steal but I haven't seen Anderson play too much.

These mle type contracts can go either way in the long term especially when a guy averages only 8/5.
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#11 » by Masterfully » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:05 pm

It’s not hard to make the case that Anderson has been a better player than Wiggins so far.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#12 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:59 pm

I think Brooklyn wants to keep their capspace for next season, don't want to give out any multi years deal.

Lets see if the Spurs match.

OP: It's an offer sheet, seems like some peeps think it's a done deal?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#13 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:14 am

^

I understand that, and I know it's just an offer sheet. Whether he stays in SAS or goes to MEM, it's all the same. For that kind of money, the Nets could afford to slice into our '19 capspace, and still be one of the 3 lowest '19-20 salaries in the league. As much as I love retaining Harris for that kind of money, he's at best a 6th man. We also have another player making $19mil on our books to fill a similar role as Joe, while our forward depth is woefully thin. Kyle is legitimately a starting calibre player; you just have to embrace his very unconventional style for the rewards it brings.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Wiretap Discussion