76ers Considered Only East Team Kawhi Leonard Would Re-Sign With

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

76ers Considered Only East Team Kawhi Leonard Would Re-Sign With 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 7, 2018 9:21 pm

While the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers are Kawhi Leonard's preferred teams if he is traded by the San Antonio Spurs, he would consider the Philadelphia 76ers.

"I want to add clarity to that," said Chris Haynes on The Jump. "Los Angeles are his preferred destinations. He will consider Philly. That's the only Eastern Conference team he would consider if they're able to put a package together."

The Boston Celtics have interest in Leonard, but he reportedly doesn't have interest in re-signing with that franchise if he's traded there.

The 76ers are believed to be keeping Markelle Fultz off limits in trade talks with the Spurs.

Via Chris Haynes/ESPN

CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,280

Re: 76ers Considered Only East Team Kawhi Leonard Would Re-Sign With 

Post#2 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sat Jul 7, 2018 10:13 pm

I wonder if Boston's handling of the IT situation plays a part in Kawhi not wanting to go there?
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#3 » by Knox » Sat Jul 7, 2018 10:29 pm

Sixers should pull the trigger and go for it. Being able to resign Kawhi in the East is huge
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,280

Post#4 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sat Jul 7, 2018 10:32 pm

Knox wrote:Sixers should pull the trigger and go for it. Being able to resign Kawhi in the East is huge

Good point. Kawhi would be the best player in the East for sure. Not often you get the chance to have the best player in your entire conference.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#5 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jul 7, 2018 10:41 pm

76ers could make really good trade but i wonder what they willing to trade. Everyone besides Joel and Simmons should be on the table if they are serious about trading him
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Jul 7, 2018 11:13 pm

So the list is expanding...
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#7 » by Mykhyn » Sat Jul 7, 2018 11:25 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:I wonder if Boston's handling of the IT situation plays a part in Kawhi not wanting to go there?

Think it's market size. Everything has been about market size and endorsements it seems like
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#8 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Jul 7, 2018 11:28 pm

Cklbmk wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:I wonder if Boston's handling of the IT situation plays a part in Kawhi not wanting to go there?

Think it's market size. Everything has been about market size and endorsements it seems like

Boston is a better basketball market than Philly by a long shot.
papidulo
Rookie
And1: 651

Post#9 » by papidulo » Sat Jul 7, 2018 11:41 pm

I think it definitely has to do with the IT situation.

I think the IT situation is a large part of why Kahwi sat out this year; he saw how they had IT play through his sisters death and a hip injury, only to be traded and have his value plummet.

I wouldn’t want to play in Boston either. Ainge has shown he’s willing to move anybody if the deal suits him. Who’s to say Tatum doesn’t become a star, and Ainge decides he can afford to trade Kahwi for Anthony Davis down the road?
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Re: RE: Re: 76ers Considered Only East Team Kawhi Leonard Would Re-Sign With 

Post#10 » by bigmean » Sat Jul 7, 2018 11:45 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

The obvious move

Spurs get chicago and denver second round '19 and '21 sixers first ' 21 miami first
Robert covington wilson chandler, dario saric and markelle fultz

Sixers get ginobili, gasol and kawhi leonard

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
Tanks1
Junior
And1: 260

Post#11 » by Tanks1 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:03 am

bigmean wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

The obvious move

Spurs get chicago and denver second round '19 and '21 sixers first ' 21 miami first

Philly is the 4 market...
Lol .......at that trade
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#12 » by Mykhyn » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:07 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

Boston isn't even close to Philly in market size
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#13 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

Philly was actually the #3 NBA market behind Golden State and Cleveland last year.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#14 » by gdog2004 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:22 am

Kawhi's agent working overtime I see. Spurs have lost all their leverage.
Once Kawhi sees what a crap show the Lakers are this year, and Philly cruises to the
ECF's WITHOUT HIM, he will see that Philly is the only logical choice. Philly doesn't HAVE to trade for him now.
The Spurs HAVE to trade him. Advantage...Philly.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#15 » by Simmons25 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:36 am

Ballerhogger wrote:76ers could make really good trade but i wonder what they willing to trade. Everyone besides Joel and Simmons should be on the table if they are serious about trading him

You can include Fultz in that list with Simmons and Embiid on the untradeable list which I am sure most people wouldn't understand. With Fultz re-working his shot with Drew Hanlen and how much Hanlen is talking up Markelle's shooting... when Brett Brown went over a few weeks to look at Markelle he came back and pretty much said Markelle is untouchable now... so he must have seen something.

Fultz slots into a position we need. If we could have Simmons at the 1, Fultz at the 2, Kawhi at the 3, Saric at the 4 and Embiid at the 5 we have a good chance of getting to the finals.

That means the trade would include Covington, Zhaire Smith, Miami's 1st rounder... our first rounder next year...Richaun Holmes... maybe even T.J McConnell
Simmons25
Analyst

Post#16 » by Simmons25 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:38 am

bigmean wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

The obvious move

LOL No disrepect but that trade is hilarious. We aren't giving up Saric and Fultz to get the corpse of Ginobli and Gasol :lol:
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#17 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:45 am

Simmons25 wrote:
bigmean wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
The obvious move

LOL No disrepect but that trade is hilarious. We aren't giving up Saric and Fultz to get the corpse of Ginobli and Gasol :lol:

Really? But he said it's the obvious move.

:lol:
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Simmons25
Analyst

Post#18 » by Simmons25 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:59 am

papidulo wrote:I think it definitely has to do with the IT situation.

I think the IT situation is a large part of why Kahwi sat out this year; he saw how they had IT play through his sisters death and a hip injury, only to be traded and have his value plummet.

I wouldn’t want to play in Boston either. Ainge has shown he’s willing to move anybody if the deal suits him. Who’s to say Tatum doesn’t become a star, and Ainge decides he can afford to trade Kahwi for Anthony Davis down the road?

Definitely some of that. Ainge is brutal in his decision making. Don't underestimate Kawhi Leonard and even Popovich's relationship with Brett Brown. Leonard and Brown were close when he was at San Antonio... and Popovich even admitted last year one of his great joys in life was sitting down with a wine and italian food and watching the 76'ers win games.

I think the Spurs and Pop would be more than happy for Kawhi to go to Philly.. and I think Kawhi would too. I don't think they care much for the Celtics.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#19 » by cheese318 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 2:14 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:So the list is expanding...

Maybe he realizes if he does not accept other teams to sign with the reality of being on the roster to start the season will be a lot stronger. We will see. I still think he ends up in LAL. Magic needs to consider all his options here. This sort of reminds me of when the NYK traded for Carmelo Anthony right before the "Strike" was about to occur and a lot of the players were worried salaries were going to go down and it was imperative to sign a contract prior to the lockout. This in essence for the New York Knicks to trade for Carmelo Anthony even though they had max cap space in the off-season. As a New York Knicks fan I never appreciated getting Carmelo Anthony because what type of player destroys the teams talent and all of its assets just to come there when he could have received a max contract on July 1st from New York. The reason why the Knicks sucked while he was on the team was because he depleted the team of all its assets. I just do not see a player who cares about winning when he demands a move like that to happen. If the Knicks did not make the move he was going to be traded to another team but I forget if it was the Nets but I believe it was because if memory serves me right they traded for Deron Williams a few weeks after Melo was moved. Melo has always been about the money and never about winning in my eyes. I am curious what he does when he is bought out this coming off-season. Does he go to sign with a team for money or does he sign with a team to compete for a championship.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#20 » by Mwd1981 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 2:47 am

Simmons25 wrote:
bigmean wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
The obvious move

In any case, it’ll be the Mills deal they want to move. Gasol is pretty much an expiring deal, and Ginobili won’t be put out to pasture like that.

Return to Wiretap Discussion