Kawhi Leonard Reportedly Talking To Other Stars About 2019 Free Agency Plans

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Kawhi Leonard Reportedly Talking To Other Stars About 2019 Free Agency Plans 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:50 pm

While Kawhi Leonard has been silent with the media, Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star said on the Back To Back Podcast on Wednesday that he has been in conversations with other impending 2019 free agents about possibly playing together.

"One thing I was told last night is that Kawhi Leonard had already been planning out his free agency for next year and he had already been in contact with other star players in the league and saying 'Hey, where might you want to play with me? What are we looking at?'

"It wasn't just L.A. he was talking about," added Arthur. "Brooklyn was maybe somewhere. They're going to have a ton of cap space. That might have been a possibility.

"So Kawhi has already been thinking ahead to pairing up and playing at a highest level."

The 2019 free agent class includes Leonard, Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant.

Via Bruce Arthur/Toronto Star

TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Re: Kawhi Leonard Reportedly Talking To Other Stars About 2019 Free Agency Plans 

Post#2 » by TimRobbins » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:44 am

Who is he talking to? Klay and Durant are not likley to leave, so who is he talking to? Kyrie?
ebrian
Junior
And1: 32

Re: Kawhi Leonard Reportedly Talking To Other Stars About 2019 Free Agency Plans 

Post#3 » by ebrian » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:58 am

Kawhi doesn't talk. Maybe they meant he chatted with them on ICQ.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 pm

TimRobbins wrote:Who is he talking to? Klay and Durant are not likley to leave, so who is he talking to?

Maybe he's talking to Klay and KD about playing with them for the MLE.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#5 » by TimRobbins » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:22 pm

ebrian wrote:Kawhi doesn't talk. Maybe they meant he chatted with them on ICQ.

You're implying that he can type which is even more far-fetched.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#6 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:47 pm

He's a robot. He communicates via Wi-Fi
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....

Return to Wiretap Discussion