Dwyane Wade Signs Lifetime Deal With Li-Ning, Still Deciding On Re-Signing With Heat

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Dwyane Wade Signs Lifetime Deal With Li-Ning, Still Deciding On Re-Signing With Heat 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:50 am

Dwyane Wade has signed a lifetime deal with Li-Ning.

Wade has been with Li-Ning since 2012. Wade was previously with Jordan Brand

The finalizing of that deal coincided with Wade and the company revealing his latest shoe, the "Way of Wade 7," at an event in Beijing on Wednesday.

"This was something I needed to do from the standpoint of building something," Wade told The Associated Press in a phone interview from China. "That's what I set out to do. This word we'll talk about, legacy, I tried to set out to build a legacy for myself and my family. And after six years of that, it's cool to be here today."

Wade also said there have been talks between him and the team about a return, but no decision has been made.

"When I get back from China, I'll focus on that,'' Wade said. "Right now, I'm focused on the game after basketball. Whatever happens in basketball, it happens. I've done everything that I can to this point to put myself ... in this position I am today, where I can do something that hasn't been done globally yet. The basketball will take care of itself. I'll sit down and figure that out once I get back from this tour at some point.''

Via ESPN

Return to Wiretap Discussion