Nemanja Bjelica, Kings Discussing Two-Year, $13M Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nemanja Bjelica, Kings Discussing Two-Year, $13M Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:43 pm

The Sacramento Kings and Nemanja Bjelica are in talks on a two-year, $13 million deal.

Bjelica will have $2 million guaranteed for the 19-20 season.

Bjelica previously backed out of a one-year, $4.4 million deal with the Philadelphia 76ers.

Via David Pick

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Re: Nemanja Bjelica, Kings Discussing Two-Year, $13M Deal 

Post#2 » by King4Day » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Can't blame him for changing his mind. He probably wouldn't have gotten that much anywhere else
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bqmuzik
Junior
And1: 62

Post#3 » by bqmuzik » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Interested to see what he can do with some more PT
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#4 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:11 pm

bqmuzik wrote:Interested to see what he can do with some more PT

They have 7 front court players. Maybe he will spend some time at the 3.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#5 » by Furinkazan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Vlade and Peja changed his mind :wink:
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Would Philly have signed another good player if it wasn't for this?

Hint of the DAJ situation.

But the Kings offer is quite a bit better, unlike the Clips vs Mavs.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Ad4mS
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Ad4mS » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:56 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Would Philly have signed another good player if it wasn't for this?

Can anybody explain that to me, how is this different then the DeAndre Jordan Mavs and Clippers previous situation? Bjelica agreed to a contract and backs off to sign another deal. It looks the same to me and with DJ there were a big public conversation about his untrustful behavior. That hurts a team which was certain to sign a player and could get another guy available one the market in that period of time, but that opportunity could be now gone. I know that Bjelica is just a role player and DJ was an all star with 20+ mln contract but still, if this become a habit it can makes the whole free agency dangerously uncertain. Please tell me if I'm wrong.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:06 am

Ad4mS wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Would Philly have signed another good player if it wasn't for this?

Can anybody explain that to me, how is this different then the DeAndre Jordan Mavs and Clippers previous situation? Bjelica agreed to a contract and backs off to sign another deal. It looks the same to me and with DJ there were a big public conversation about his untrustful behavior. That hurts a team which was certain to sign a player and could get another guy available one the market in that period of time, but that opportunity could be now gone. I know that Bjelica is just a role player and DJ was an all star with 20+ mln contract but still, if this become a habit it can makes the whole free agency dangerously uncertain. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Ya, Philly has to give up TLC(not a big deal it looks like) to take on Muscala to make it up. But it's infinitely better than what happened to the Mavs. DAJ screwed up their whole team. If everything is true, Bjelica couldn't fly to Philly to sign the contract after agreeing to it, I suppose it was his agent telling it was the best deal. Then he thought about it and maybe didn't want to be so far from home? Or he hates the idea of taking a one year deal? He decided to stay in Europe. THEN Divac came calling, upping the offer, telling him it'd be a bad decision and less homesick with so many Serbs in Sacto. DAJ OTOH agreed to sign with the Mavs during the verbal agreement period before free agency (now they took that out cuz of him I think), the Mavs making other decisions based on that, then simply reneged on it cuz of persuasion by people from his former team, with the money being very close. That was way worse.

One thing is, could Philly have signed another comparable player if he didn't agree to a contract at that time?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion