Kawhi Leonard May Have Voiced Commitment To Teammates But Not Spurs In Team Meeting

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kawhi Leonard May Have Voiced Commitment To Teammates But Not Spurs In Team Meeting 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:45 pm

The San Antonio Spurs had a team meeting in March in which the status of Kawhi Leonard was discussed.

"Tony (Parker) quarterbacked the whole thing," said Michael C. Wright on The Lowe Post. "It was just more them trying to get a feel for when Kawhi might get back. 'Hey, we're about to make a playoff run. Do you have any idea of when you're going to be back?'

"Put yourself in Kawhi's shoes and you have your team coming at you like that, you're going to be a little taken aback by that, I believe. And in that meeting, Kawhi basically stood his ground.

"He was like, 'I'll be back when I'm ready to come back.'

"I had heard, for the aggregators who get ahold of this, I heard that Kawhi had said something about like 'I'll do anything for all you guys in this room, but not this organization.' That what I heard he had said. But he stood his ground.

"I also heard that during the meeting a lot of those guys were supportive."

Via Michael C. Wright/ESPN

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Re: Kawhi Leonard May Have Voiced Commitment To Teammates But Not Spurs In Team Meeting 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:04 am

Headlines with the words "may have" in them are fantastic!
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Re: Kawhi Leonard May Have Voiced Commitment To Teammates But Not Spurs In Team Meeting 

Post#3 » by Mwd1981 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:11 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:Headlines with the words "may have" in them are fantastic!

I was at a bar in Bedford-Stuyvesant and Kawhi was there. We did mushrooms and tequila. They reckon he doesn’t talk!
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Mwd1981 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 am

My sources tell me, Tony Parker is the team rabbit.

When he gives pep talks the players say “ Are u gonna f my wife?”

Pau Gasol’s Mrs is in Spain because San Antonio women are obese. He just says “Shut Up Midget” when Tony Parker talks.

LMA has been bad mouthing KL for 2 years. HE’s getting hair extensions
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#5 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:46 am

Kawhi is now the most overrated player in the world.

He is essentially a shy Jimmy Butler with a slightly smoother style. Not a superstar and never will be.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Mwd1981 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:57 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Kawhi is now the most overrated player in the world.

He is essentially a shy Jimmy Butler with a slightly smoother style. Not a superstar and never will be.

He was the best player in a NBA finals. LeBron was there. Overrated?
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#7 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:

I agree Kwahi is not overrated although he only has one super star season thus far that said that NBA finals Lebron was the best player they didn't win so he didn't get the MVP just like the next year when Iggy got it..
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#8 » by Hoopzilla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:33 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:

I agree Kwahi is not overrated although he only has one super star season thus far that said that NBA finals Lebron was the best player they didn't win so he didn't get the MVP just like the next year when Iggy got it..

Kawhi has had two superstar seasons. He won Defensive Player of the Year in 2016 and averaged 21 ppg while shooting 50% from two, 44% from three and 87% from the free throw line. He almost put up a 50/40/90 season while also being named Defensive Player of the Year. That is a superstar season. He followed up that season by averaging 25 ppg while shooting 48/38/88 and finished third in Defensive Player of the Year voting. Again, superstar season. Your ignorance knows no bounds...

4 of the last 5 years the Finals MVP has gone to the player that Lebron is supposed to be guarding. Just because he puts up shiny stats on offense doesn't mean he is the best overall player on the court. His defense has been laughable. Since defense wins titles, it is easy to see why he has become a perennial loser. Other teams have caught on to just let Lebron get his offensive numbers and he will let you walk away with the title. Lebron then points to his stats and says "I did my job". :lol:

Iggy shot 52% from the field while Kawhi shot 62%. Durant put up back to back 50/40/90 series on him. To be the "best player" you need to play defense too. :crazy:
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by Mwd1981 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:

You shouldn’t confuse usage with quality. Kawhi served LeBron his ass in those finals. Heat played give the ball to LeBron, Spurs moved the ball.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Mwd1981 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:

Kawhi has had two superstar seasons. He won Defensive Player of the Year in 2016 and averaged 21 ppg while shooting 50% from two, 44% from three and 87% from the free throw line. He almost put up a 50/40/90 season while also being named Defensive Player of the Year. That is a superstar season. He followed up that season by averaging 25 ppg while shooting 48/38/88 and finished third in Defensive Player of the Year voting. Again, superstar season. Your ignorance knows no bounds...

4 of the last 5 years the Finals MVP has gone to the player that Lebron is supposed to be guarding. Just because he puts up shiny stats on offense doesn't mean he is the best overall player on the court. His defense has been laughable. Since defense wins titles, it is easy to see why he has become a perennial loser. Other teams have caught on to just let Lebron get his offensive numbers and he will let you walk away with the title. Lebron then points to his stats and says "I did my job". :lol:

Iggy shot 52% from the field while Kawhi shot 62%. Durant put up back to back 50/40/90 series on him. To be the "best player" you need to play defense too. :crazy:

Don’t get carried away dude. LeBron is best or 2nd best player alive. I’m not a fan of the way he plays but you can’t deny it’s effective.
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#11 » by Hoopzilla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

Don’t get carried away dude. LeBron is best or 2nd best player alive. I’m not a fan of the way he plays but you can’t deny it’s effective.

Lebron hasn't made an all defensive team in five years. His defense is a joke and the NBA Finals has shown that in spades for years now. Jordan had no problem being the best offensive player on the planet while also making all defensive teams year after year. You can marvel over Lebron's offense all you want, but it makes his teams too predictable in the modern game. His teammates have called him out for "padding stats" because he wouldn't pass the ball unless he got an assist. He is currently the second best player in the game, but he can easily slide to third if Kawhi returns to his pre-injury form. I am not getting carried away, I am firmly planted in reality, dude.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#12 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:38 pm

^
:facepalm: I know LeBron beat the Raptors bad.....but......

OP: Kawaii: I would do anything for you guys, I am great, I am totally loyal to my teammates!
Teammates: We just want you to play with us, you're occupying a roster spot and tons of capspace.
Kawaii: Nope.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#13 » by gordoncatrell » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Who's the rat?
Rats can't be trusted.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by Mwd1981 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:58 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

Lebron hasn't made an all defensive team in five years. His defense is a joke and the NBA Finals has shown that in spades for years now. Jordan had no problem being the best offensive player on the planet while also making all defensive teams year after year. You can marvel over Lebron's offense all you want, but it makes his teams too predictable in the modern game. His teammates have called him out for "padding stats" because he wouldn't pass the ball unless he got an assist. He is currently the second best player in the game, but he can easily slide to third if Kawhi returns to his pre-injury form. I am not getting carried away, I am firmly planted in reality, dude.

Who plays defence? You can’t defend anybody these days. Jordan? The game is completely different now so why compare? He got to the finals for 8 years straight. He must be pretty good.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by Mwd1981 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:03 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:^
:facepalm: I know LeBron beat the Raptors bad.....but......

OP: Kawaii: I would do anything for you guys, I am great, I am totally loyal to my teammates!
Teammates: We just want you to play with us, you're occupying a roster spot and tons of capspace.
Kawaii: Nope.

Yeah funny. A 200 million dollar athlete will protect his body
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#16 » by Hoopzilla » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:43 am

Mwd1981 wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:

Who plays defence? You can’t defend anybody these days. Jordan? The game is completely different now so why compare? He got to the finals for 8 years straight. He must be pretty good.

Uh, Kawhi, the guy who this article is about plays defense that would be appreciated in any generation. It is clear you want to make an excuse for Lebron, but you don't have a good one to offer. Cherry picking makes an annual trip to the finals a lot easier. You know when you weaken a conference while at the same time forming Super Teams... twice. :crazy:

Return to Wiretap Discussion