Rockets, Pelicans Interested In Kent Bazemore

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rockets, Pelicans Interested In Kent Bazemore 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:48 am

The Houston Rockets are exploring a trade for a wing defender with Kent Bazemore a gettable target.

The Rockets attempted to sign Bazemore during the 2016 free agency.

The Hawks like Bazemore but would be willing to move him for the right offer as they rebuild their roster.

For the Hawks to take back a contract like Ryan Anderson, they would need a draft pick and/or a young player. Houston has been attempting to trade Anderson for months.

The New Orleans Pelicans are also interested in Bazemore, but the Hawks aren't interested in taking on Solomon Hill.

Via Kelly Iko/USA Today

rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

Re: Rockets, Pelicans Interested In Kent Bazemore 

Post#2 » by rocketsfan100 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:46 am

He is a upgrade on Ariza
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#3 » by spicy6 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:49 am

rocketsfan100 wrote:He is a upgrade on Ariza

He really isnt.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,382

Post#4 » by WestbrookGOATed » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:55 am

He looks like Damian Lillard.
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,665

Re: RE: Re: Rockets, Pelicans Interested In Kent Bazemore 

Post#5 » by ChuckChilly » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:05 am

Best2EverDoIt wrote:He looks like Damian Lillard.
Wth he looks absolutely nothing like Lillard

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,600

Post#6 » by shrink » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:44 am

rocketsfan100 wrote:He is a upgrade on Ariza

You have to be pretty bitter to believe that.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#7 » by iliyanvs » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:35 am

If Pelicans trade Solomon Hill for anything allowing them to add another solid player or two to their bench, they could turn out to be the dark horse of this years West. Dude's offense is disgusting, as well as his contract.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#8 » by TimRobbins » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:56 am

The headlne should read "Morey is desperate to dump Ryan Anderson for anything".
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#9 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:23 am

For Anderson, I don't think one FRP would do, probably need two.

For Hill, probably one FRP and one expiring.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#10 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:47 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:For Anderson, I don't think one FRP would do, probably need two.

Since hawks aren't competing for years and have effectively entered tank mode one first round pick is sort of enough to take on Anderson but if they can get two even better.. Anderson does have 2 years left but hawks aren't going to be signing free agents in the next two years and are only looking to get better through the draft.. Lakers should see if they can dump Deng for a first round pick as well..
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:For Anderson, I don't think one FRP would do, probably need two.

Since hawks aren't competing for years and have effectively entered tank mode one first round pick is sort of enough to take on Anderson but if they can get two even better.. Anderson does have 2 years left but hawks aren't going to be signing free agents in the next two years and are only looking to get better through the draft.. Lakers should see if they can dump Deng for a first round pick as well..

A high FRP is surely enough but the Rockets' pick is most likely gonna be looooowwwww.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#12 » by Mwd1981 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:44 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

A high FRP is surely enough but the Rockets' pick is most likely gonna be looooowwwww.

Congrats on saying something sensible. 2 years of Bazemore at 18 mill is worth more than number 29 pick
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by Mwd1981 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:52 am

Mwd1981 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

Congrats on saying something sensible. 2 years of Bazemore at 18 mill is worth more than number 29 pick

I beg my pardon. I was wrong.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,148

Post#14 » by Darthlukey » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:04 am

Mwd1981 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

You are correct, but it's about the hawks position. Something is better than nothing if they are tanking. If they can do better than rockets 1st, take that offer. If not, they may as well take rockets 1st and a couple of seconds
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by Mwd1981 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:25 am

Darthlukey wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:A high FRP is surely enough but the Rockets' pick is most likely gonna be looooowwwww.

You are correct, but it's about the hawks position. Something is better than nothing if they are tanking. If they can do better than rockets 1st, take that offer. If not, they may as well take rockets 1st and a couple of seconds

Sorry I was taking Bazemore contract at face value, when you realise they have to take Anderson back!

I’m drunk.

It’ll absolutely take more than 1 late 1st
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#16 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:08 am

Please realgm could you spread the following for us? Here's a thousand dollars.

"The Hawks like Bazemore but would be willing to move him for the right offer as they rebuild their roster.".
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#17 » by 12footrim » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:13 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:

Sorry I was taking Bazemore contract at face value, when you realise they have to take Anderson back!

I’m drunk.

The Hawks just took on a worse contract just to buy it out in Carmelo for Schroder. It's certainly not crazy to think they would do about the same here.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,148

Post#18 » by Darthlukey » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:29 pm

12footrim wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:You are correct, but it's about the hawks position. Something is better than nothing if they are tanking. If they can do better than rockets 1st, take that offer. If not, they may as well take rockets 1st and a couple of seconds

I’m drunk.

The Hawks just took on a worse contract just to buy it out in Carmelo for Schroder. It's certainly not crazy to think they would do about the same here.

Given the hawks position, the Melo contract isn't worse, it's expiring. They gotta pay someone, it may as well be for 1 year instead of 2!
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#19 » by 12footrim » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:42 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
12footrim wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:

I’m drunk.

Given the hawks position, the Melo contract isn't worse, it's expiring. They gotta pay someone, it may as well be for 1 year instead of 2!

It's not like they are adding years here. Bazemore doesn't help their tank or anything they are doing and have you seen the price 1st round picks even late ones are going for this year? They also only got a protected 2022 first round pick for Carmelo which that far out always has less value. Houston has all their picks to convey much sooner. They could give them a 2019 and a 2021 if needed.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#20 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

Bazemore is overpriced and on the same contract as Anderson and does not help hawks tank.. Yes he's better than Anderson but on the same contract almost and keeping him or not does not make a difference too the Hawks.. If they can get two FRPs great but one is probably going to do it based on all the factors above

Return to Wiretap Discussion