18-19 NBA Regular Season To Begin Oct. 16th

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

18-19 NBA Regular Season To Begin Oct. 16th 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 3, 2018 6:59 pm

The 18-19 NBA regular season is expected to begin on Tuesday, October 16th.

The opening night games are expected to be the Philadelphia 76ers against the Boston Celtics and then the Golden State Warriors hosting the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Warriors hosted the Houston Rockets on opening night a year ago, while the Celtics played at the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Via Gary Washburn/Boston Globe

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: 18-19 NBA Regular Season To Begin Oct. 16th 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Aug 3, 2018 8:34 pm

The Rockets vs the Dubs last season, Thunder this season, ummm......strange.......what changed?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#3 » by lebron stopper » Sat Aug 4, 2018 5:24 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:The Rockets vs the Dubs last season, Thunder this season, ummm......strange.......what changed?

Thunder retained Paul George.

Weirdly, the last two seasons, the teams on opening night beat Golden State in their own building, before facing them in the WCF and showing that they can beat them, before losing a crucial player to injury, paving the way for the Warriors to go to the Finals again. Will the Thunder continue this pattern?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Aug 4, 2018 6:29 pm

lebron stopper wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:The Rockets vs the Dubs last season, Thunder this season, ummm......strange.......what changed?

Thunder retained Paul George.

Well, PG was on the Thunder last season already...
Weirdly, the last two seasons, the teams on opening night beat Golden State in their own building, before facing them in the WCF and showing that they can beat them, before losing a crucial player to injury, paving the way for the Warriors to go to the Finals again. Will the Thunder continue this pattern?

Oh no to injuries!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
mcHAPPY
Sophomore
And1: 425

Post#5 » by mcHAPPY » Sat Aug 4, 2018 6:31 pm

Carmelo already sending Houston on a downward spiral.
Nowitness
General Manager
And1: 4,439

Post#6 » by Nowitness » Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:19 pm

Rockets took the Dubs to 7 in the WCFs, works much better as a Christmas game than opening night, OKC/GS still have the connection with Durant, but no major "storyline" from last season.
Nowitnessing a legend
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:38 pm

Nowitness wrote:

Rockets took the Dubs to 7 in the WCFs, works much better as a Christmas game than opening night, OKC/GS still have the connection with Durant, but no major "storyline" from last season.

Interesting, lets see what happens.

If they do that, and don't want to do Sixers vs Celtics again, maybe Kyrie vs LeBron?
Thanks for the honesty.
Nowitness
General Manager

Post#8 » by Nowitness » Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:45 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Nowitness wrote:

If they do that, and don't want to do Sixers vs Celtics again, maybe Kyrie vs LeBron?

Yeah, I think it'll be Lakers/Celtics and Warriors/Rockets. For the 76ers, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did Sixers/Jazz for the Simmons/Mitchell rookie situation.
Nowitnessing a legend
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#9 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:10 am

Nowitness wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Nowitness wrote:

Yeah, I think it'll be Lakers/Celtics and Warriors/Rockets. For the 76ers, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did Sixers/Jazz for the Simmons/Mitchell rookie situation.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=415&t=1737425

Sixers vs Celtics again, GSW vs LBJ.

They don't think the Rockets are gonna be so good without Ariza and Mbah a Moute Moute?
Thanks for the honesty.
Nowitness
General Manager

Post#10 » by Nowitness » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:16 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Nowitness wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Interesting, lets see what happens.

They don't think the Rockets are gonna be so good without Ariza and Mbah a Moute Moute?

I guess LeBron vs. Warriors is just tradition now.
Nowitnessing a legend
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Aug 8, 2018 2:30 am

Nowitness wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Nowitness wrote:

I guess LeBron vs. Warriors is just tradition now.

It's no surprise they want to shed attention on the Lakers as well.

LaVar's surely gonna try to get involved.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion