76ers Hire Lindsey Harding As Full Time Scout

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

76ers Hire Lindsey Harding As Full Time Scout 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:08 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers have hired Lindsey Harding as a full time scout.

Harding was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 WNBA Draft.

"I think when you have this goal in mind, your gender shouldn't even matter," Harding told ESPN. "It should be about if you can do it, if you're good, you're experienced, if you know what you're doing and what you're talking about."

Harding officially retired as a player in 2017.

Harding spent last season in the NBA's Basketball Operations Associates Program. 

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Re: 76ers Hire Lindsey Harding As Full Time Scout 

Post#2 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:44 pm

What the '6ers need to do is hire a competent GM, cant trust this process
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#3 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:06 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:What the '6ers need to do is hire a competent GM, cant trust this process

That's right! They have yet to sign a GM!

After unsuccessfully trying to get Morey, Buford and Presti.

So maybe Brett Brown is it? Can he be the new Pop?

Or they're still trying to poach others like Ainge, Magic or Pat?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior

Post#4 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:01 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:What the '6ers need to do is hire a competent GM, cant trust this process

They should give David Griffin a call
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#5 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:48 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:

Doesn't look like he's a sure thing like the guys they were trying to get? What has he done besides lucking into LeBron?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior

Post#6 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:08 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:That's right! They have yet to sign a GM!

Doesn't look like he's a sure thing like the guys they were trying to get? What has he done besides lucking into LeBron?

I just wouldn't want my coach handling GM/POBO duties, history has shown time and time again that scenario usually ends very badly. I dont even think Brown is that good of a head coach to begin with, I dont want him to be even more mediocre b/c hes moonlighting as their GM too.

Griff's got experience, and the trade deadline moves he pulled off in 2016 to obtain JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Mozgov solidified their bench and helped push them over the top for a championship. Is he the best available guy for the job? Probably not, but hes better than what they currently have now so they need to make that call
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:50 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:

I just wouldn't want my coach handling GM/POBO duties, history has shown time and time again that scenario usually ends very badly. I dont even think Brown is that good of a head coach to begin with, I dont want him to be even more mediocre b/c hes moonlighting as their GM too.

Yea, Pop is unique. (and lucky to get Duncan) SVG, Doc and Bud just failed miserably. But is he gonna give it a try?

Griff's got experience, and the trade deadline moves he pulled off in 2016 to obtain JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Mozgov solidified their bench and helped push them over the top for a championship. Is he the best available guy for the job? Probably not, but hes better than what they currently have now so they need to make that call

They did get lucky winning a chip......those trades were OK but nothing great. It would have made sense if signing means getting LBJ.

I think they want someone really really good, hence the holdout. Don't wanna be paying someone and then have to fire him when their target becomes available?

Who else is available tho? Can JoeD get another chance after Darko? Maybe have Dr.J and BB as co-GM?

Maybe what's gonna happen is when camp is gonna start, they hire back Hinkie, saying, there's no option.
Thanks for the honesty.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior

Post#8 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Doesn't look like he's a sure thing like the guys they were trying to get? What has he done besides lucking into LeBron?

Yea, Pop is unique. (and lucky to get Duncan) SVG, Doc and Bud just failed miserably. But is he gonna give it a try?

They did get lucky winning a chip......those trades were OK but nothing great. It would have made sense if signing means getting LBJ.

I think they want someone really really good, hence the holdout. Don't wanna be paying someone and then have to fire him when their target becomes available?

Who else is available tho? Can JoeD get another chance after Darko? Maybe have Dr.J and BB as co-GM?

Maybe what's gonna happen is when camp is gonna start, they hire back Hinkie, saying, there's no option.

The bolded pretty much describes Griff as a GM to a T. He's ok...decent....borderline good.......but far from great or a bball genius/front office savant. Just feel like thats much comparatively better than having coach Brown be GM Brown as well

Would love to see JoeD get another shot in the league, don't think he's on their radar though.

Hinkie has been black balled, dont hold your breath waiting for him to come back :lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion