Rockets Trade Ryan Anderson To Suns For Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Re: Rockets Trade Ryan Anderson To Suns For Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss 

Post#41 » by texasholdem » Sat Sep 1, 2018 3:01 am

Tussin33 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Brandon Knight is still in the league??? I remember him on my fantasy team, racking up assists for me on the regular, back in the days when he and Steve Nash were the best assists guys to have. Good for him to have this kind of longevity, I always admired him as a PG. The very definition of a WILLING passer. I think he is what defines a PG if God would make a PG.

I hope he can win a ring in Houston before he retires.

Wtf are you talking about lol i like Brandon knight but u have the wrong player. He’s a combo guard that had never averaged more then 5.4 assist a game???
k

He was thinking of brevin Knight who has a brother named Brandin who was also was briefly a rocket
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#42 » by texasholdem » Sat Sep 1, 2018 3:05 am

I read one speculation that the rockets could flip Knight and Chriss to Atlanta for Kent Bazemore
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#43 » by anatomicbomb » Sat Sep 1, 2018 3:55 am

texasholdem wrote:I read one speculation that the rockets could flip Knight and Chriss to Atlanta for Kent Bazemore

I love when there are several parts to the move - and turning Anderson into Bazemore seems like a swap that the Rockets would consider nearly as good as can be reasonably hoped. Sound personnel work, hope it plays out

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#44 » by TKainZero » Sat Sep 1, 2018 7:52 am

I just don’t feel like I understand where this game from
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#45 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sat Sep 1, 2018 4:34 pm

anatomicbomb wrote:
texasholdem wrote:I read one speculation that the rockets could flip Knight and Chriss to Atlanta for Kent Bazemore

I love when there are several parts to the move - and turning Anderson into Bazemore seems like a swap that the Rockets would consider nearly as good as can be reasonably hoped. Sound personnel work, hope it plays out

Ummmm yeah...why would ATL trade a more valuable player for a guy at a position they don't need coming off injury?

Sun's won this deal and rockets will get no takers for knight or chriss. Bad move rockets...ATL will get more for bazemore next year when he's expiring. Why flip him for 2 years of a hurt point? They just got Lin on an expiring deal and drafted a lotto point guard.

Rockets just dig their grave deeper. Sun's got an overpriced but valuable player for.... Garbage time fodder????

ATL is in no hurry to trade baze so y'all can stop holding your breath.

Terrible off season for rockets continues. Will be beaten by Lakers in semis..... probably.
lonea
Rookie
And1: 527

Post#46 » by lonea » Sat Sep 1, 2018 5:50 pm

No loser in this trade

Suns got serviceable 4 that can shoot, they are literally going for a line up simulating the 16-17 rockets

Booker at point
Ariza & anderson to kick out for 3's

Rockets got salary dump. Not much to say about knight or chriss.

Knight cant play when he don't start
And chriss is meh, hes a athletic player that a dime a dozen in the league
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#47 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sat Sep 1, 2018 7:42 pm

lonea wrote:No loser in this trade

Suns got serviceable 4 that can shoot, they are literally going for a line up simulating the 16-17 rockets

Booker at point

This trade has made the Rockets much better. They were weak behind Capela and now can play Chriss. They have an experienced guard who can also help add depth.

This almost solidifies the Rockets in the 1 seed due to depth in the regular season.

This trade probably wouldn't have been done if Melton could be great, but he doesn't have the athleticism to be great. He maxes out at very good.

So this was one of those deals you cross your fingers and pray the other team accepts. And the Suns did, thankfully, accept.

This is a vastly underrated trade by the Rockets. Not because it made the Suns look foolish but rather because the Rockets are without question the most talented team in the league.

When you assess who has the better team that includes all the players who play and not just the starting lineup, the Rockets are now ahead.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#48 » by Sam195 » Sat Sep 1, 2018 8:11 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:

Booker at point

This trade has made the Rockets much better. They were weak behind Capela and now can play Chriss. They have an experienced guard who can also help add depth.

This almost solidifies the Rockets in the 1 seed due to depth in the regular season.

This trade probably wouldn't have been done if Melton could be great, but he doesn't have the athleticism to be great. He maxes out at very good.

So this was one of those deals you cross your fingers and pray the other team accepts. And the Suns did, thankfully, accept.

This is a vastly underrated trade by the Rockets. Not because it made the Suns look foolish but rather because the Rockets are without question the most talented team in the league.

When you assess who has the better team that includes all the players who play and not just the starting lineup, the Rockets are now ahead.

Morey is banking on D'antoni getting the most out of Melo, Knight and Chriss like he did with Ariza, Tucker and Gordon the past two seasons. Then he will see if an increase in production makes some of these pieces tradeable in pure salary dumps without rockets taking money back. People also seem so narcissistic about Melo fitting in with the rockets they forget what happens if it works out. Melo was bought out by Hawks and signed with the rockets for the minimum so he has no bird rights with them. If he has a bounce back season and becomes a $10M+ player in value again the rockets will not have the cap space to resign him especially with the monster deals that Harden and CP3 are locked into in addition to Capella. They will need to both unload contracts like Knight and hope the cap increases a bit as well. They will still be fun to watch whether they are good or chaotic this season.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#49 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Sep 1, 2018 9:23 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:

Booker at point

Homermuch? Both Knight and Chriss are huge question marks.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#50 » by arasu » Sat Sep 1, 2018 11:46 pm

Booker at point

Booker at starting PG makes a lot of sense. Surround him with athletic shooting wings and a potentially elite center, and the Suns could be in the playoff hunt this season.
arasu
Rookie

Post#51 » by arasu » Sat Sep 1, 2018 11:51 pm

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:

Ummmm yeah...why would ATL trade a more valuable player for a guy at a position they don't need coming off injury?

Sun's won this deal and rockets will get no takers for knight or chriss. Bad move rockets...ATL will get more for bazemore next year when he's expiring. Why flip him for 2 years of a hurt point? They just got Lin on an expiring deal and drafted a lotto point guard.

Rockets just dig their grave deeper. Sun's got an overpriced but valuable player for.... Garbage time fodder????

Terrible off season for rockets continues. Will be beaten by Lakers in semis..... probably.

I agree that the Hawks have no need of Knight, and that they might find a better fitting deal for Bazemore, but the rest of your post is nonsense.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior

Post#52 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sun Sep 2, 2018 1:28 am

arasu wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:

I agree that the Hawks have no need of Knight, and that they might find a better fitting deal for Bazemore, but the rest of your post is nonsense.

Well my main point was that ATL. Is not going to deal baze for these ... question marks...deep deep rotation players...since the money is more or less the same.

As For Houston's terrible off season...that is the least controversial statement of the summer. 40mil per to Paul for 4 years????losing ariza and mbuta ...butchered spelling....and the cherry on top...melo.

But wait they got a possible 12 minutes per game from 2 question marks from a terrible team in exchange for a starting stretch 4...all to save a little money.

I hate the Lakers and would root for Houston to beat them...but they have a good chance to beat houston. That said...I should take back the semis bit. Utah or new Orleans will be there and both could probably take the lakers...and now Houston.
arasu
Rookie

Post#53 » by arasu » Sun Sep 2, 2018 4:24 am

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
arasu wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

Well my main point was that ATL. Is not going to deal baze for these ... question marks...deep deep rotation players...since the money is more or less the same.

As For Houston's terrible off season...that is the least controversial statement of the summer. 40mil per to Paul for 4 years????losing ariza and mbuta ...butchered spelling....and the cherry on top...melo.

But wait they got a possible 12 minutes per game from 2 question marks from a terrible team in exchange for a starting stretch 4...all to save a little money.

I hate the Lakers and would root for Houston to beat them...but they have a good chance to beat houston. That said...I should take back the semis bit. Utah or new Orleans will be there and both could probably take the lakers...and now Houston.

Terrible is definitely a controversial statement. A healthy Paul may have put the Rockets in the Finals. Letting him leave would have been 'terrible'. Ariza is in his age 33 season, coming off a very poor playoff run. Mbah a Moute had a nice regular season, followed by a total disappearing act in the playoffs. Anderson was benched midway through the season, and his role shrunk continuously, managing just 1.7 PPG in the playoffs. Anderson's defense has been getting worse every year he has been in the league. As bad as Carmelo's defense was last season, Anderson's was even worse. The Rockets were trending down with the players they lost, so claiming that losing those guys is "terrible" is a gross exaggeration.

The additions of 'Melo, Chriss, and Ennis could easily fill the void left by Ariza, Mbah a Moute, and Anderson. D'Antoni has had an effect on players he has coached. Ariza, Mbah a Moute, and Anderson all increased their per 36 minute three point volume in their first year with D'Antoni, 20%, 80%, and 30% respectively. We could point to many other players he has coached over the years as well. 'Melo, Chriss, and Ennis are likely to increase their three point volume significantly as well, and since the latter two are younger, there is a very good chance that they will have breakout production. Not only does Chriss have a ton of stretch 4/5 potential, he also can do some of the things Capela does at the 5. He can move his feet on the perimeter well for a big and he can protect the paint. With a more defined defensive role, his fouls are likely to drop, allowing him to play more than "12 minutes per game". Capela's foul rate dropped significantly under D'Antoni. His per 36 minute fouls dropped every year he has been in the league (5.6, 4.6, 4.2, 3.3). Chriss' foul rate dropped from 5.4 to 4.8 in his first two years, at a younger age than Capela. If D'Antoni can have a similar influence in that area, Chriss' fouls will drop, and his role will expand. Knight is a career 36% shooter from three and, if healthy, he could be a good fit with the Rockets' offense. Since Paul is injury prone, having an experienced adequate backup like Knight could help them win some games. If healthy, he has more value to the team than Anderson would have. There's a lot of "ifs" here, but if they don't pan out, the Rockets aren't that much worse off than if they'd brought back the same guys.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior

Post#54 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sun Sep 2, 2018 5:32 am

Well...I just see the rockets wealing and dealing .. not developing. It's catching up on them. The Paul deal is horrible for its Length mainly but also it's price.

Dantonio is fine but melo got him fired...it won't happen again but he's going to be a problem not a solution.

New ownership seems bent on saving money after the ridiculous cp3 deal.

imo imo imo
TheIdiotGamer
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#55 » by TheIdiotGamer » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:17 am

pootbrah wrote:
arasu wrote:
Illuz10n wrote:No, he doesn’t.

Chriss isn’t special anywhere and he doesn’t excel at anything.

Bigs who can shoot threes and block shots are considered special in the NBA.
By age 29, Luc Mbah a Moute had managed to make just 99 of 328 from three ( 30.2%).
By age 24, Trevor Ariza had managed to make just 76 of 257 threes (29.5%).
By age 21, Marquese Chriss has managed to make 128 of 414 threes (30.9%).

Chriss' career per 36 minute blocks (1.5), steals (1.3), and rebounds (8.2) are solid. His 3270 minutes in just two seasons before age 21 provides a solid sample size for those stats. His ability to play 154 of 164 games shows that he has not been injury prone. He is still foul prone, but has made progress in that department. He would never be confused with a small forward like Ariza, but he could easily play extended minutes at center in today's game. D'Antoni has a way of encouraging guys to reach their potential, especially as volume, long-range shooters, and Chriss has a lot of potential in that area. His defensive potential is also very high. Add in his ability to slide over as the primary backup at the 5, the Rockets could be a perfect fit for his skill set.

So much this. Getting Chriss for a 2nd round pick and saving capspace on dead contracts is essentially what just happened and that is complete robbery. Honestly the trade should be vetoed it seems that lopsided. Crazy everyone is dismissing Chriss

Well, that comment hasn't held up very well so far this season.

Return to Wiretap Discussion