Clippers Match Tyrone Wallace's Offer Sheet With Pelicans

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Clippers Match Tyrone Wallace's Offer Sheet With Pelicans 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 6, 2018 1:14 am

The Los Angeles Clippers have matched the offer sheet Tyrone Wallace signed with the New Orleans Pelicans.

The Clippers now have 17 contracts on their roster, which will require them to make multiple roster moves before the season stars.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Clippers Match Tyrone Wallace's Offer Sheet With Pelicans 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Sep 6, 2018 2:31 am

Poor Pels, can't even get a guy like this, maybe should have upped it a bit?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#3 » by donemilio21 » Thu Sep 6, 2018 6:33 am

Clippers will trade him to Pelicans for a future 2nd rounder
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#4 » by Alonzo_Morning » Thu Sep 6, 2018 7:50 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Poor Pels, can't even get a guy like this, maybe should have upped it a bit?

More to the point is why Clippers who already have way too many contracts are adding more??

FU Jerry West!! :curse:
bqmuzik
Junior
And1: 62

Post#5 » by bqmuzik » Thu Sep 6, 2018 11:33 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Poor Pels, can't even get a guy like this, maybe should have upped it a bit?

Pretty sure Pels had no intent. Clips probably just asked his agent to get an offer sheet.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Sep 6, 2018 9:32 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:

More to the point is why Clippers who already have way too many contracts are adding more??

Either a trade happens, such as that proposed by an above post, or West prefers him to Evans and Thornwell?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#7 » by tigerae » Fri Sep 7, 2018 10:40 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:

Either a trade happens, such as that proposed by an above post, or West prefers him to Evans and Thornwell?
Honestly, the Clippers are prolly just looking for players that will be cheap and useful to fill out the roster over the next off season or two while they look for 2 max players to sign. Wallace showed some signs last year that he could fit that bill.

Sent from my SM-G935T using RealGM mobile app
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Sep 7, 2018 8:47 pm

tigerae wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:

Honestly, the Clippers are prolly just looking for players that will be cheap and useful to fill out the roster over the next off season or two while they look for 2 max players to sign. Wallace showed some signs last year that he could fit that bill.

Sent from my SM-G935T using RealGM mobile app

Thing is, they've got too many of them at the moment.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion