Re: Boris Diaw Retires From Basketball

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Boris Diaw Retires From Basketball 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 6, 2018 6:10 pm

Boris Diaw has retired from basketball.

Diaw played 14 seasons in the NBA, winning a title with the San Antonio Spurs in 2014.

Diaw was named the 2006 Most Improved Player after his breakthrough season with the Phoenix suns.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#2 » by Hoopzilla » Thu Sep 6, 2018 6:31 pm

Enjoy retirement Mr. Diaw. Solid career. Always enjoyed his play on the court. I also felt like he was a bit underappreciated.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#3 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Sep 6, 2018 6:36 pm

One of the most unique/strangest players ever, good all around, refused to shoot; went from a real thin 3 to a real fat 5. Was important winning a championship with the Spurs, playing stretch 5 that could pass, shut down LBJ. Didn't do much after being traded to the Jazz, too bad Duncan couldn't make up his mind to retire a bit earlier. Will be missed.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#4 » by dan-man » Thu Sep 6, 2018 7:52 pm

He was still in the NBA?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#5 » by Revived » Thu Sep 6, 2018 9:56 pm

He’s had that retirement body for quite a few years now.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#6 » by LaRance » Thu Sep 6, 2018 10:01 pm

Great Career Diaw. He should be Proud :D
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#7 » by FreeBoosie » Fri Sep 7, 2018 12:12 am

Solid player. Used to really annoy me in NBA live 04 when he would have the open lane and would never dunk it and instead take a lay up lol
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#8 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Sep 7, 2018 1:01 am

Hoopzilla wrote:Enjoy retirement Mr. Diaw. Solid career. Always enjoyed his play on the court. I also felt like he was a bit underappreciated.

He was an excellent passer, high IQ. Made the right plays.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#9 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Sep 7, 2018 3:05 am

Great passer , good shooter and decent defender overall a solid player to a nba championship team as spurs fans would say.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#10 » by Mwd1981 » Fri Sep 7, 2018 3:22 am

Outjumped Amare Stoudemire as a young man in athletic testing.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#11 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Sep 7, 2018 1:27 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:Enjoy retirement Mr. Diaw. Solid career. Always enjoyed his play on the court. I also felt like he was a bit underappreciated.

He was an excellent passer, high IQ. Made the right plays.

He started his career playing spot/experimental minutes at point guard for the Hawks. He ended his career as a power forward/small ball center that could also adequately guard Lebron James. His versatility and ability to adapt to his role while also adapting to his aging body was impressive. On his career as a whole, he was the NBA version of a Swiss army knife. At one point or another, he did it all pretty well although he never really did anything at an elite level. It must have been nice to have him on your roster. If you needed someone to fill in a deficiency on the team, Diaw could probably help or simply fill that role for you and always seemed willing to do whatever was asked of him.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 242

Post#12 » by cavs4872 » Sat Sep 8, 2018 11:27 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:One of the most unique/strangest players ever, good all around, refused to shoot; went from a real thin 3 to a real fat 5. Was important winning a championship with the Spurs, playing stretch 5 that could pass, shut down LBJ. Didn't do much after being traded to the Jazz, too bad Duncan couldn't make up his mind to retire a bit earlier. Will be missed.

One of my favorite players, if not my favorite. The last thing I remember him doing was helping the Jazz win that 7-game series against the Clippers two years ago. I think he played overseas last season.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#13 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Sep 9, 2018 2:23 am

cavs4872 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:One of the most unique/strangest players ever, good all around, refused to shoot; went from a real thin 3 to a real fat 5. Was important winning a championship with the Spurs, playing stretch 5 that could pass, shut down LBJ. Didn't do much after being traded to the Jazz, too bad Duncan couldn't make up his mind to retire a bit earlier. Will be missed.

One of my favorite players, if not my favorite. The last thing I remember him doing was helping the Jazz win that 7-game series against the Clippers two years ago. I think he played overseas last season.

Anything particular he did in that series?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
BasketballJunky
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#14 » by BasketballJunky » Sun Sep 9, 2018 11:20 am

In what imaginary world did he appear to guar Lebron? Lol solid career though.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 242

Post#15 » by cavs4872 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:52 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
cavs4872 wrote:

Anything particular he did in that series?

Nah, he was just a solid rotational guy as usual; he and Ingles on the floor together was IQ overload.

BasketballJunky wrote:In what imaginary world did he appear to guar Lebron? Lol solid career though.

Get pwned.

Return to Wiretap Discussion