Rich DeVos Passes Away At Age Of 92

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rich DeVos Passes Away At Age Of 92 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 6, 2018 8:52 pm

Rich DeVos has passed away at the age of 92.

DeVos purchased the Orlando Magic in 1991. DeVos took over as the Magic’s owner when he purchased the franchise for $85 million from Orlando real estate developer William duPont III after duPont experienced financial difficulties.

DeVos passed away due to complications from an infection.

Forbes recently estimated the Magic’s value at $1.225 billion.

Via Brian Schmitz, Josh Robbins/Orlando Sentinel

Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Re: Rich DeVos Passes Away At Age Of 92 

Post#2 » by Orange Ave. » Fri Sep 7, 2018 1:24 am

Amazing owner, great human being. Loved by players, loved by management, resoundingly respected around the league, endlessly philanthropic, committed to spending whatever it would take to build winning teams, and to Magic fans he was a great steward of this franchise for decades. What a legacy he leaves behind and a positive impact on Central Florida.

I hope the family continues on as owners and follows his lead.
cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."
Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Post#3 » by Kurosawa0 » Fri Sep 7, 2018 4:41 pm

Orange Ave. wrote:Amazing owner, great human being. Loved by players, loved by management, resoundingly respected around the league, endlessly philanthropic, committed to spending whatever it would take to build winning teams, and to Magic fans he was a great steward of this franchise for decades. What a legacy he leaves behind and a positive impact on Central Florida.

A great human being doesn't oppose civil rights.
Picasso
Rookie
And1: 896

Post#4 » by Picasso » Fri Sep 7, 2018 5:28 pm

Orange Ave. wrote:Amazing owner, great human being. Loved by players, loved by management, resoundingly respected around the league, endlessly philanthropic, committed to spending whatever it would take to build winning teams, and to Magic fans he was a great steward of this franchise for decades. What a legacy he leaves behind and a positive impact on Central Florida.

Ypu mean the same guy who said the offer he made to Shaq was fair and he wasnt going to enter a bidding war with the Lakers and losing shaq wasnt going to be bad because the Magic just signed Horace Grant long term?
I had to jump off the boat to walk on water.
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#5 » by malgus » Fri Sep 7, 2018 8:42 pm

Father in Law to Betsy DeVos the bear hunting education destroying secretary of education.

Sorry for your loss, resign.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,594

Post#6 » by dc » Fri Sep 7, 2018 10:01 pm

Kurosawa0 wrote:

They also don't start a Pyramid Scheme organization that makes money off the backs of those who don't know any better are easily preyed upon financially.

His "company" has ruined countless lives, put people into bankruptcy and destroyed peoples' relationships with their friends/family who urged them not to get conned into joining a cult organization that doubles as a Pyramid Scheme. The world would be a better place without people like this, make no mistake about it.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#7 » by ClashCityRocker » Sat Sep 8, 2018 2:19 am

dc wrote:
Kurosawa0 wrote:

They also don't start a Pyramid Scheme organization that makes money off the backs of those who don't know any better are easily preyed upon financially.

His "company" has ruined countless lives, put people into bankruptcy and destroyed peoples' relationships with their friends/family who urged them not to get conned into joining a cult organization that doubles as a Pyramid Scheme. The world would be a better place without people like this, make no mistake about it.

Setting politics aside i choose to see rdv as a philanthropist and a big reason for the magics past success but this is all true. It personally effected my family as my grandparents lost a lot on amway. Its something i often struggle with as a magic fan
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#8 » by BillTheGOAT » Sat Sep 8, 2018 9:58 pm

Google "Devos amway blackwater"

Return to Wiretap Discussion