Jabari Bird Arrested For Alleged Domestic Incident

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jabari Bird Arrested For Alleged Domestic Incident 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Sep 8, 2018 9:24 pm

Jabari Bird has been arrested after allegedly assaulting, strangling and kidnapping an unidentified person in a domestic incident.

Bird is being "guarded by the Boston police at a local hospital" for evaluation.

The Celtics acknowledged in a statement that they were "aware of the incident" involving Bird and are "taking it very seriously."

Bird was the 56th overall pick in the 2017 draft and spent the 17-18 season on a two-way contract. Bird was signed to the Celtics' active roster this summer.

Via ESPN

iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Re: Jabari Bird Arrested For Alleged Domestic Incident 

Post#2 » by iliyanvs » Sat Sep 8, 2018 9:31 pm

That would be sad if he really did something bad, he appeared to have a promising future.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#3 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sun Sep 9, 2018 1:07 am

With a name like Bird, he'll surely get a second chance. Marketing potential does wonders for a career.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#4 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun Sep 9, 2018 1:47 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:With a name like Bird, he'll surely get a second chance. Marketing potential does wonders for a career.

If he is convicted of those crimes he won't get out till he is eligible for the big 3
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#5 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sun Sep 9, 2018 3:05 am

iliyanvs wrote:That would be sad if he really did something bad, he appeared to have a promising future.

Doing something "bad" is turning it over in your own backcourt.... saying something rude, not tipping your waiter, peeing in the pool.

Kidnapping, assaulting abusing falls under evil.

Standards are getting low.

What is a "promising future" when you're the type of person that, allegedly, would throw away amazing opportunities so you can kidnap and abuse someone....if you're that person you never had a promising future.

In hindsight OJ didn't have a promising future either.
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#6 » by spicy6 » Sun Sep 9, 2018 3:44 am

Who
iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#7 » by iliyanvs » Sun Sep 9, 2018 11:22 am

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
iliyanvs wrote:That would be sad if he really did something bad, he appeared to have a promising future.

Doing something "bad" is turning it over in your own backcourt.... saying something rude, not tipping your waiter, peeing in the pool.

What is a "promising future" when you're the type of person that, allegedly, would throw away amazing opportunities so you can kidnap and abuse someone....if you're that person you never had a promising future.

We dont know what has really happened and if he
has really done those things, lets at least wait until a final verdict is shown.
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#8 » by FreeBoosie » Sun Sep 9, 2018 12:01 pm

At least he got mad street credit now
Very Aaron Hernandezesque lol
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#9 » by Hoopzilla » Sun Sep 9, 2018 9:33 pm

iliyanvs wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

has really done those things, lets at least wait until a final verdict is shown.

The word alleged is a legal term and only used by the police and the courts, it's not required for the public when he was caught with the person he kidnapped. The allegations have to be proven in court, but it is clear he did it and will be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in due course. The court of public opinion can and will roast his ass for what he has done. This isn't a he said/she said case. The courts say allegedly because they have a process that must be adhered to. Public citizens are not bound by such processes and are free to call out this idiot without fear it may show bias in a court.

I hope this idiot gets some jail time, but he can kiss his career goodbye regardless. This is not a court of law, it is the court of public opinion and crimes like this are not complicated.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#10 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:35 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
iliyanvs wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

The word alleged is a legal term and only used by the police and the courts, it's not required for the public when he was caught with the person he kidnapped. The allegations have to be proven in court, but it is clear he did it and will be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in due course. The court of public opinion can and will roast his ass for what he has done. This isn't a he said/she said case. The courts say allegedly because they have a process that must be adhered to. Public citizens are not bound by such processes and are free to call out this idiot without fear it may show bias in a court.

I hope this idiot gets some jail time, but he can kiss his career goodbye regardless. This is not a court of law, it is the court of public opinion and crimes like this are not complicated.

Quite frankly guys can get set up...so I'll "borrow" the word alleged, since it is part of the language and my right to do so. Thanks for the language and opinion policing though!

He probably did something...given it's out in the media that he's being guarded, not detained...guarded by police... It will be known soon enough. I'm only going by this report which is scant on details.

Frankly, catching guys who do these things before they kill someone is a blessing. I give an f about the fact he was a promising talent. But let's face it, no NBA angle no story...happens every day. If these are legit charges then pile on and he'll probably look to play overseas if he doesn't go to jail.

Regardless, we have no details on the injuries. Kidnapping in a domestic? Does that mean he tied her up for days or was he blocking the door? Assault, is this a punch a push a bump....strangling....that's harder....was it in bed? Or was he trying to kill her.

Point is this, the media is lazy as F, as well as deceptive so all we have are charges to go on
The fact that he's being guarded by cops and the Celts have issues a statement makes me think this is probably serious... But yeah alleged until I hear more details.

I've read 3 other articles ...all copy paste, except one detail that the other party is at another hospital for injuries....how bad? Not reported.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#11 » by kuclas » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Depends how state laws define “kidnapping”

Cause as much as most of people hate OJ Simpson. OJ got convicted of “kid napping in Nevada while using arm gun. Which was ridiculous cause pointing a gun and telling someone to go to the corner isn’t “kid napping” but since the jury and public hate OJ so much. They said ok. By the letter of the law. Let’s convict him of kidnapping so he gets more time.

Honestly if that were the case EVERY BANK ROBBER in Nevada who uses hand gun while robbing a bank would have 3-5 years added to their sentence due to “kidnapping” telling the bank tellers to move down to the back.

It’s a joke what “kidnapping “ means in some states.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#12 » by Hoopzilla » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:
iliyanvs wrote:

Quite frankly guys can get set up...so I'll "borrow" the word alleged, since it is part of the language and my right to do so. Thanks for the language and opinion policing though!

He probably did something...given it's out in the media that he's being guarded, not detained...guarded by police... It will be known soon enough. I'm only going by this report which is scant on details.

Frankly, catching guys who do these things before they kill someone is a blessing. I give an f about the fact he was a promising talent. But let's face it, no NBA angle no story...happens every day. If these are legit charges then pile on and he'll probably look to play overseas if he doesn't go to jail.

Regardless, we have no details on the injuries. Kidnapping in a domestic? Does that mean he tied her up for days or was he blocking the door? Assault, is this a punch a push a bump....strangling....that's harder....was it in bed? Or was he trying to kill her.

Point is this, the media is lazy as F, as well as deceptive so all we have are charges to go on
The fact that he's being guarded by cops and the Celts have issues a statement makes me think this is probably serious... But yeah alleged until I hear more details.

I've read 3 other articles ...all copy paste, except one detail that the other party is at another hospital for injuries....how bad? Not reported.

Have you ever watched video footage of a crime on the news? They say "alleged" until proven in a court of law, but anyone who sees the video knows they did it long before they go to court. Like when Conor McGregor smashed up the bus, were we supposed to withhold judgment until it was proven in court? :lol:

If he is being guarded, it is because they will be taking him into custody when medically cleared.

Kidnapping in a domestic indicates that he took her somewhere. Serious crime. Strangling does not give an indication that it was a rough sex act gone wrong, there are other charges that can signal less intent to harm. If the choking was a result of kinky sex, I think it would be dealt with differently. No charges related to sex were filed, so it doesn't seem that is the case. You would think sexual assault would be in the cards if the choking was from kinky sex.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#13 » by Donnyxc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Jared Sullinger was also involved an an alleged domestic incident. I wanted him out of Boston right away when I heard it.
Just goes to show when large money/business is involved, anything is possible on either side.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#14 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Man, dude is still in the hospital, what happened?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion