Anthony Davis Parts Ways With Agent Thad Foucher

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Anthony Davis Parts Ways With Agent Thad Foucher 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Sep 8, 2018 9:51 pm

Anthony Davis has parted ways with his longtime agent Thad Foucher.

Rich Paul is a leading contender to sign Davis, though he could possibly sign with another agent.

Davis has two years and $52 million left on his contract with the Pelicans, plus a $29 million player option for the 2020-21 season.

Davis is eligible for a supermax contract worth $230 million beginning in 2019.

Via Brian Windhorst, Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: Anthony Davis Parts Ways With Agent Thad Foucher 

Post#2 » by cheese318 » Sat Sep 8, 2018 9:55 pm

Would love to see Rich Paul become AD’s new agent. It would create so much drama for his upcoming free agency rumors. Pelicans might get that pressure to trade him next year
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#3 » by dan-man » Sat Sep 8, 2018 10:28 pm

cheese318 wrote:Would love to see Rich Paul become AD’s new agent. It would create so much drama for his upcoming free agency rumors. Pelicans might get that pressure to trade him next year

Nah. Why would he gift away 12 million dollars? He's signing the mega max with or w/out an agent. Fire the agent, sign the deal, hire an agent again...
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by cheese318 » Sat Sep 8, 2018 11:41 pm

dan-man wrote:
cheese318 wrote:Would love to see Rich Paul become AD’s new agent. It would create so much drama for his upcoming free agency rumors. Pelicans might get that pressure to trade him next year

Nah. Why would he gift away 12 million dollars? He's signing the mega max with or w/out an agent. Fire the agent, sign the deal, hire an agent again...

Just as much as that could happen so could this narrative.

Next offseason he regretfully tells New Orleans Pelicans Management he will not sign his super max contract. He plans to play out his current contract to become a free agent at that time he will decide what is best for his future. When he does not sign his super max contract how would the NOP management react. Do they offer to trade him so he can leave the NOP and return they can try to get as many assets as possible instead of losing him for nothing in free agency if he chose another organization.

If the Pelicans have a down year I would be worried with what he decides for his future. They played great basketball last year at times but I believe a lot of analysts are expecting a drop off. For the record I believe with all his injuries throughout his career he will sign that supermax contract when offered. Regardless of my opinion there is still a chance he decides to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
SlimD235
Assistant Coach
And1: 483

Post#5 » by SlimD235 » Sun Sep 9, 2018 12:31 am

Good for him. Never trust a dude named Thad
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Sep 9, 2018 2:23 am

Rozier/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/AD?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Sep 9, 2018 2:24 am

SlimD235 wrote:Good for him. Never trust a dude named Thad

What?

What did someone named Thad do to you?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#8 » by dan-man » Sun Sep 9, 2018 3:26 am

cheese318 wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Just as much as that could happen so could this narrative.

Next offseason he regretfully tells New Orleans Pelicans Management he will not sign his super max contract. He plans to play out his current contract to become a free agent at that time he will decide what is best for his future. When he does not sign his super max contract how would the NOP management react. Do they offer to trade him so he can leave the NOP and return they can try to get as many assets as possible instead of losing him for nothing in free agency if he chose another organization.

If the Pelicans have a down year I would be worried with what he decides for his future. They played great basketball last year at times but I believe a lot of analysts are expecting a drop off. For the record I believe with all his injuries throughout his career he will sign that supermax contract when offered. Regardless of my opinion there is still a chance he decides to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Especially after what happened to Cousins... from a 40 mil two year extension to a 1 year 5 mil deal! Yeah AD prob won't mess around and get greedy.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#9 » by DarthDiggler69 » Sun Sep 9, 2018 5:37 am

Bulls
iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#10 » by iliyanvs » Sun Sep 9, 2018 8:35 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Rozier/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/AD?

That could be awesome, but im still not convinced Rozier can be a starting PG on a championship team, although if Brown and Tatum turn into all-stars this year he wouldnt have to do that much.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#11 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun Sep 9, 2018 12:32 pm

iliyanvs wrote:

That could be awesome, but im still not convinced Rozier can be a starting PG on a championship team, although if Brown and Tatum turn into all-stars this year he wouldnt have to do that much.

He would be the starting PG on a championship team with that line up.. That said it would happen once gws break up or begin sliding cause not even that team is as good as GSW.. Tatum and Brown would also have to live up to expectations
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,601

Post#12 » by HangTime » Sun Sep 9, 2018 2:19 pm

Lowry, Kawhi, OG, Pascal, AD
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,218

Post#13 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Sep 9, 2018 5:10 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
iliyanvs wrote:

He would be the starting PG on a championship team with that line up.. That said it would happen once gws break up or begin sliding cause not even that team is as good as GSW.. Tatum and Brown would also have to live up to expectations

They said the same thing about Avery Johnson. Every team has a 5th-best starter. There is no reason why it can't be the PG. Derek Fisher is another good example.
Rek
Senior
And1: 132

Post#14 » by Rek » Sun Sep 9, 2018 5:13 pm

dan-man wrote:

Then why go to the trouble of switching agents?
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,962

Post#15 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sun Sep 9, 2018 10:03 pm

Rek wrote:
dan-man wrote:

To save a lot of money like dan-man is saying?

If it plans to sign the supermax, what exactly does he need an agent for? I don't think there would be anything to negotiate, so why not cut out paying the agent fees on the contract?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#16 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Sep 9, 2018 10:09 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
iliyanvs wrote:

Those two youngsters were pretty good in the playoffs.

How would that team have no chance against GSW if those two improve from those performances?

(with Smart, Morris, Baynes, Bird etc off the bench and Hayward healthy)
Thanks for the honesty.
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by cheese318 » Sun Sep 9, 2018 10:30 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
Rek wrote:
dan-man wrote:

If it plans to sign the supermax, what exactly does he need an agent for? I don't think there would be anything to negotiate, so why not cut out paying the agent fees on the contract?

Plus doing it now instead of right before like Wiggins did would make it very hard for the agent to say he deserves his fair share. I personally think AD is going to sign with a new agent but that is a feasible idea
Hoopzilla wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,962

Post#18 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:43 am

cheese318 wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
Rek wrote:Then why go to the trouble of switching agents?

Plus doing it now instead of right before like Wiggins did would make it very hard for the agent to say he deserves his fair share. I personally think AD is going to sign with a new agent but that is a feasible idea

Yeah, or if it's a given that he is signing the supermax, that would involve zero work for the Agent so he could sign with a new one later on, with a contingency of a lower rate or smaller amount on the supermax.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,218

Post#19 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:03 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
cheese318 wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:To save a lot of money like dan-man is saying?

Yeah, or if it's a given that he is signing the supermax, that would involve zero work for the Agent so he could sign with a new one later on, with a contingency of a lower rate or smaller amount on the supermax.

He will have an agent when he signs his next deal.
We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#20 » by We Are Groot » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:16 am

With Rich Paul in the mix, it can't be helped that this will be looked @ as the possible 1st domino falling in the process of getting him to the Lakers ... Regardless of who ends up repping him, the timing of the move is notable

Return to Wiretap Discussion