Kevin Durant: We'll See What Happens After The Year

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Durant: We'll See What Happens After The Year 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Kevin Durant signed a two-year, $61.5 million deal with the Golden State Warriors in the offseason instead of a long-term deal.

Durant's future remains uncertain and speculation has increased in the media that he could potentially leave the Warriors.

"It's one of those things you're confident in those skills you want to keep it year by year," said Durant. "I easily could've signed a long-term deal, but I wanted to take it season by season and where it takes me. This whole year will be an exciting year for us all. We'll see what happens after the year."

Via Mark Medina/San Jose Mercury News

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Kevin Durant: We'll See What Happens After The Year 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Well, his mate DWest is tired of cheap chips already.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#3 » by Mwd1981 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:39 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Well, his mate DWest is tired of cheap chips already.

That argument is tired. You need at least 3 top players to win it. LeBron doesn’t get this criticism for joining Kyrie and knowing they could bring in Love. Joining Wade and Bosh too?

Unless a team drafts exceptionally well, championships are built on free agency or tanking.

Don’t hate the player - hate the game. Next CBA hopefully shares the cap between more players. Star players won’t like it but league will be more even.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:

That argument is tired. You need at least 3 top players to win it. LeBron doesn’t get this criticism for joining Kyrie and knowing they could bring in Love. Joining Wade and Bosh too?

Unless a team drafts exceptionally well, championships are built on free agency or tanking.

Don’t hate the player - hate the game. Next CBA hopefully shares the cap between more players. Star players won’t like it but league will be more even.

Totally different. Kyrie was young, Love was flawed. LBJ got tons of heat by joining Wade and Bosh.

This is even worse than that tho. They had Bogut, Barnes, Green, Iggy, West and was the greatest team ever until Silver's intervention. It had nothing to do with 3 top players or not.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,612

Post#5 » by Slacktard » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 pm

I guess he is seeing how medical technology advances, but I don't think growing a new backbone will be available during his career.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#6 » by MrBigShot » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:54 am

Mwd1981 wrote:

Dude, LeBron was absolutely BLASTED for joining the Heat when it happened. He was perhaps the most hated player in the league his first season with them.

And yes, you do need a quality team with multiple stars to win...but in both Miami and Cleveland LeBron wasn't joining something established. Bit different in KD's case as the Dubs were a 73 win team and champions the year prior to breaking that record before he got there. LeBron was praised for all of his championships. He completely turned around his image from 2011 and has cemented his legacy as a top 5 player of all time, at worst.

KD still isn't looked the way a player usually is after they finally manage to win a championship. He's essentially come out and said that things don't feel any different after winning...he's insecure imo and wishes he was viewed the same way people view Steph and LeBron.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
xx1c1cle
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#7 » by xx1c1cle » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:40 am

where the hell is he going to go? only chance for a title in the West is the Rockets and Lakers, and that won't solidify his legacy.
In the East? open season. he'll be rebuilding with substantial chances of something going wrong, and then meeting up with LAL, HOU, GSW in the finals just to fail.
Or, what. start fresh? Spurs, Heat. come on.

except for the chance of a barrage of injuries, GSW wins 3 straight. Durant will not leave. Durant will not leave. winning 3 straight is a dynasty. winning 4 straight. it's happened only once. if the GSW do it, their legacy as the greatest team in the last 40 years is cemented.

Durant is not leaving. ESPN will spread rumors to entertain us.

Find something else to do. GSW win championship. Let's watch the Laker and East drama.

Durant is not leaving.
eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Post#8 » by eureca20 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 am

xx1c1cle wrote:where the hell is he going to go? only chance for a title in the West is the Rockets and Lakers, and that won't solidify his legacy.
In the East? open season. he'll be rebuilding with substantial chances of something going wrong, and then meeting up with LAL, HOU, GSW in the finals just to fail.

except for the chance of a barrage of injuries, GSW wins 3 straight. Durant will not leave. Durant will not leave. winning 3 straight is a dynasty. winning 4 straight. it's happened only once. if the GSW do it, their legacy as the greatest team in the last 40 years is cemented.

Find something else to do. GSW win championship. Let's watch the Laker and East drama.

Durant is not leaving.

Yes ESPN will talk about stuff more than it needs to be talked about to get ratings. That doesn't mean it is not going to happen. They talked about Lebron to the Lakers for an entire year. Yes it meant ratings but it still happened. Facts are Durant is a free agent by his choosing and he is not committing currently. Those are the facts. Everything else ESPN, you or I say is opinion.

Odds are yes he will re-sign. Whether he likes it or not he will still be criticized for taking the easiest path a superstar has ever taken to a championship. Yes he will likely have 3 chips but that will never give him anything close to the respect he will get if he won on another team that actually needs him to be a contender. If Durant didn't care about his public image he wouldn't be using burner accounts to stick up for himself.

He would have multiple quality suitors. He can easily join the 6ers and become an instant contender. Same with the Lakers. Both teams have cap space. He can join up with another star free agent with the Nets or Clippers. Not sure why you are acting as if there is no intriguing places he can go and compete right away. He can even potentially force a sign a trade somewhere if the Warriors knew he was leaving and wanted to get something for him. He has no shortage of options.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#9 » by likashing » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:51 am

Bron fans just hating because his grand return-to-the-Cavs scheme with Kyrie and trading another #1 pick became 1-4 in the Finals.

It is not far from 2-2 with the Heat. Why hate?

:lol:
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
PaulGaston
Junior
And1: 155

Post#10 » by PaulGaston » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:59 am

After this season, KD will have his 3rd title. Steph/Klay/Draymond will have 4.

At that point, it makes sense for KD to team up with Bron (who also has 3 titles) and try to surpass the Warrior trio. I imagine KD and LeBron will team up with the mutual understanding that if they don't surpass Steph/Klay/Draymond, history might assume they were the ones who ruled this era.

The funny thing is... even if KD joins up with LeBron on the Lakers, the Warriors still might win the title. Steph/Klay/Draymond are still the core of a 73 win team that nearly won back-to-back championships, afterall. They'd still have 2 of the greatest 3-point shooters in NBA history. Hard for anyone to compete with that.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#11 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:34 pm

likashing wrote:Bron fans just hating because his grand return-to-the-Cavs scheme with Kyrie and trading another #1 pick became 1-4 in the Finals.

It is not far from 2-2 with the Heat. Why hate?

:lol:

It was 1-3 and the first finals no Love and no Kyrie.. oh and wiggens has not turned into anything special yet.. I'd still rather love... I am pretty sure since he delivered the only championship they as in Cleveland has ever had they cant be angry since Kyrie doing his thing was a 30 win team...
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:37 pm

PaulGaston wrote:After this season, KD will have his 3rd title. Steph/Klay/Draymond will have 4.

At that point, it makes sense for KD to team up with Bron (who also has 3 titles) and try to surpass the Warrior trio. I imagine KD and LeBron will team up with the mutual understanding that if they don't surpass Steph/Klay/Draymond, history might assume they were the ones who ruled this era.

The funny thing is... even if KD joins up with LeBron on the Lakers, the Warriors still might win the title. Steph/Klay/Draymond are still the core of a 73 win team that nearly won back-to-back championships, afterall. They'd still have 2 of the greatest 3-point shooters in NBA history. Hard for anyone to compete with that.

Lebron with Kyrie took down the 73 win team with Kevin Durant Lakers would beat them that said that 73 win team would not exist as they wouldn't have cap space to sign replacements for Bogut or Barnes.. Both are replaceable but GSW will have zero cap space to sign comparable options and Andre and Livingston will be looking old.. They will still be a very very good team but yeah LBJ and Durant would be lights out
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#13 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:13 pm

PaulGaston wrote:After this season, KD will have his 3rd title. Steph/Klay/Draymond will have 4.

That'd be interesting.

It really depends on who else are playing with KD/LBJ.

But it's not wrong to say that the Larry Riley and the Dubs trio ruled the era, especially if Silver's intervention didn't happen.
Thanks for the honesty.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:35 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:

That'd be interesting.

But it's not wrong to say that the Larry Riley and the Dubs trio ruled the era, especially if Silver's intervention didn't happen.

Pretty certain LBJ wins in 2015 if Kyrie and love not injured also Draymond should have been injured in old series and GSW would of lost in the WCF
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,826

Post#15 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:21 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:

Totally different. Kyrie was young, Love was flawed. LBJ got tons of heat by joining Wade and Bosh.

This is even worse than that tho. They had Bogut, Barnes, Green, Iggy, West and was the greatest team ever until Silver's intervention. It had nothing to do with 3 top players or not.

Love was flawed? :lol:

The man joined a team in free agency. Leave Durant alone already you hypocrites. No offense, but come on.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#16 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:

That'd be interesting.

Pretty certain LBJ wins in 2015 if Kyrie and love not injured

It's possible, but I won't be sure about it.
also Draymond should have been injured in old series and GSW would of lost in the WCF

Old series? What?
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#17 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:03 pm

basketboule wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:

The man joined a team in free agency. Leave Durant alone already you hypocrites. No offense, but come on.

Love was flawed defensively, especially in the modern era.

He's uniquely bad in the entire history of the league. No one has ever done something like this. How could anyone be a hypocrite in this case?
Thanks for the honesty.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,826

Post#18 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:49 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
basketboule wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Totally different. Kyrie was young, Love was flawed. LBJ got tons of heat by joining Wade and Bosh.

He's uniquely bad in the entire history of the league. No one has ever done something like this. How could anyone be a hypocrite in this case?

The hypocrisy here is that you certainly would now own a beach access mansion in San Francisco / Santa Cruz area yourself by now if someone somehow had given you you the chance that year. Because life is about more than trying very hard and struggling all the time.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#19 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:36 pm

basketboule wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
basketboule wrote: Love was flawed? :lol:

The hypocrisy here is that you certainly would now own a beach access mansion in San Francisco / Santa Cruz area yourself by now if someone somehow had given you you the chance that year. Because life is about more than trying very hard and struggling all the time.

Why would you assume that I'd do what he did when no one had never done that?

OTOH a beach access mansion in the Cape Cod area, or SoCal, or Florida isn't that much different from SF?
Thanks for the honesty.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#20 » by cheese318 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:40 am

eureca20 wrote:
xx1c1cle wrote:where the hell is he going to go? only chance for a title in the West is the Rockets and Lakers, and that won't solidify his legacy.

Durant is not leaving.

Yes ESPN will talk about stuff more than it needs to be talked about to get ratings. That doesn't mean it is not going to happen. They talked about Lebron to the Lakers for an entire year. Yes it meant ratings but it still happened. Facts are Durant is a free agent by his choosing and he is not committing currently. Those are the facts. Everything else ESPN, you or I say is opinion.

Odds are yes he will re-sign. Whether he likes it or not he will still be criticized for taking the easiest path a superstar has ever taken to a championship. Yes he will likely have 3 chips but that will never give him anything close to the respect he will get if he won on another team that actually needs him to be a contender. If Durant didn't care about his public image he wouldn't be using burner accounts to stick up for himself.

He would have multiple quality suitors. He can easily join the 6ers and become an instant contender. Same with the Lakers. Both teams have cap space. He can join up with another star free agent with the Nets or Clippers. Not sure why you are acting as if there is no intriguing places he can go and compete right away. He can even potentially force a sign a trade somewhere if the Warriors knew he was leaving and wanted to get something for him. He has no shortage of options.

I agree. If he joined the 76ers that would be scary. I think that would be a crazy battle in the Eastern Conference with the Boston Celtics. I think the NYK will be a dark horse team it they could get a player like Kyrie to leave BOS. NYK are finally showing signs of competent management and drafting since we got rid of the albatross that was Phil Jackson. I think KD could reshape his image by going to the NYK and winning a title. Going to BKN would help but the NYK own NYC. Winning at MSG would help him take that step to greatness viewed by others he is craving. Also I really think it’s crazy but I hear rumors of the LAL. I personally think he might be crazy enough to do especially after originally going to GSW. KD/LBJ could be an amazing duo on the court and they are close friends so never say never. It’s a long shot because if he leaves odds are he would want to start something new with another star not named LBJ to avoid the noise that would bring.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion