Jimmy Butler Won't Hold Out To Force Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jimmy Butler Won't Hold Out To Force Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 4, 2018 12:46 pm

Tom Thibodeau remains determined to get Jimmy Butler back with the Minnesota Timberwolves if a trade doesn't materialize. 

The Wolves and Miami Heat have engaged on a Butler trade for several days. Minnesota's dialogue with other teams has been limited.

Butler hasn't made a final decision on when he'll join the Wolves to practice, but he doesn't plan to miss regular season games if he's healthy.

Butler requested a trade from the Wolves before the start of camp.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Re: Jimmy Butler Won't Hold Out To Force Trade 

Post#2 » by Durant Durant » Thu Oct 4, 2018 1:42 pm

good move. spared yourself from a ton of haters.
No no yes yes
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#3 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 1:54 pm

Haters or not, not too smart by either. If he gets hurt in practice or a game, all bets are off. He is stuck with Mn, or lose 50 mil.
Josh and Bam, forget the pick. Fair deal for both. IMHO.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,815

Post#4 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 4, 2018 2:11 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Haters or not, not too smart by either. If he gets hurt in practice or a game, all bets are off. He is stuck with Mn, or lose 50 mil.

Smart move to report. If he doesn't he loses FA next year, plus all the pay this year, plus all the fines.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 2:22 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Haters or not, not too smart by either. If he gets hurt in practice or a game, all bets are off. He is stuck with Mn, or lose 50 mil.

Smart move to report. If he doesn't he loses FA next year, plus all the pay this year, plus all the fines.

And to screw up the locker room. He doesn't want to be here, everybody in the locker room knows it. He just there so he gets paid. No team commitment, no chemistry with KAT/Wigs, takes away development from an already lost season. Just doesn't seem like the right thing to do. Coach the players that want to play.
Can't remember the football player that kept saying, "I'm just here so I don't get fined." That's Butler.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#6 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 4, 2018 2:26 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

And to screw up the locker room. He doesn't want to be here, everybody in the locker room knows it. He just there so he gets paid. No team commitment, no chemistry with KAT/Wigs, takes away development from an already lost season. Just doesn't seem like the right thing to do. Coach the players that want to play.
Can't remember the football player that kept saying, "I'm just here so I don't get fined." That's Butler.

Chemistry doesn't mean squat. We had great chemistry two years ago and won 31 games. We had much better talent last year and apparently no chemistry and won 47.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 2:34 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Smart move to report. If he doesn't he loses FA next year, plus all the pay this year, plus all the fines.

Chemistry doesn't mean squat. We had great chemistry two years ago and won 31 games. We had much better talent last year and apparently no chemistry and won 47.

Squat you say? Bringing Jimmy back now is toxic for the players who were excited to move on. His heart isn't in Mn. If you went to a game and Jimmy was playing, wouldn't you have a hard time rooting for him knowing he's only here for a check?

Screw JB. Ship his ass for a couple of players that want a chance to play pro ball. He created this mess, let him sit until we tell him where to go. H*ll for all I care. I am starting to get the same feeling of letting him walk for nothing just out of spite. Suffer that $$$ loss.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#8 » by Killboard » Thu Oct 4, 2018 2:45 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Smart move to report. If he doesn't he loses FA next year, plus all the pay this year, plus all the fines.

No chemistry, no future. We can remember last season like the one where we blow it all for the playoffs though.
GMjobZK
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#9 » by GMjobZK » Thu Oct 4, 2018 3:32 pm

Butler is ruining Thib's vision for the Minnesota TimberBULLS!! LOL

Smart of him to report though if he isn't traded by the time the season starts.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,601

Post#10 » by Ackshun » Thu Oct 4, 2018 3:37 pm

this is likely Minny and Butler's camp posturing.

Teams arent offering their best assets because they think Butler HAS to be dealt by the start of the regular season. This is just them saying, NOPE, no pressure here, we'll live happily ever after for 2018/2019 if we dont see a deal we like.

Clearly, Butler is never putting on a Minny jersey. I could be wrong but it doesnt seem likely to me,
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#11 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 4, 2018 3:44 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

Squat you say? Bringing Jimmy back now is toxic for the players who were excited to move on. His heart isn't in Mn. If you went to a game and Jimmy was playing, wouldn't you have a hard time rooting for him knowing he's only here for a check?

Screw JB. Ship his ass for a couple of players that want a chance to play pro ball. He created this mess, let him sit until we tell him where to go. H*ll for all I care. I am starting to get the same feeling of letting him walk for nothing just out of spite. Suffer that $$$ loss.

Doesn't mean squat. Kobe and Shaq couldn't stand each other. That worked out pretty well for them. Our players won't lose their physical attributes and basketball skill for not liking each other. I will be happy to root for Butler this year if he is still on the team. Same guy who opted for a faster procedure so he could return to playing for us last year and get us to the playoffs rather than the one that would have shut him down. Then returned not fully healthy because we needed him.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#12 » by donaldtrump_00 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 3:57 pm

Ackshun wrote:this is likely Minny and Butler's camp posturing.

Teams arent offering their best assets because they think Butler HAS to be dealt by the start of the regular season. This is just them saying, NOPE, no pressure here, we'll live happily ever after for 2018/2019 if we dont see a deal we like.

Clearly, Butler is never putting on a Minny jersey. I could be wrong but it doesnt seem likely to me,

Butler will play. To many old friends there in his head. He understands that he's on a good team which can shock teams if there all on the same level. He might not like wiggins but he can groom him slowly. As far as kat he's a superstar. He should build with him. As far as this championships those arent happening with gs around. But Minnesota is the very best team he's going to be on this season period. This, taj, deng, rose will all support him and be in his head and find some sort of happiness in him from the past. My only thing is maybe now that he's the star now does he want to listen to them anymore for advice
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#13 » by likashing » Thu Oct 4, 2018 5:10 pm

He should report.

He "notified" Minny that he would leave next summer, so they can trade him if they want something back. Then he got *pissed* when Minny doesn't try hard enough to trade him?

Jimmy Buckets act like it was a good will gesture to Minny, but his actions show he wanted to be traded *so he can get the 5-year max with 8% raises" on his *preferred* new team. Otherwise he will just get 4-year with a lower raise next summer.

He is an even bigger ass if he doesn't report.

Dude, sign 1 year contracts if you want flexibility. But you are so afraid of losing guaranteed money so you would just act like an ass when you enter the final year of the contract. Coward.

We see you Jimmy.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#14 » by spicy6 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 7:56 pm

I hope he plays and I think he will actually if he isnt traded. He needs to I mean chemistry issues or not youre getting paid millions to play. On top of that youre on a good team just see what can happen.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#15 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Oct 4, 2018 8:35 pm

I really think this is for the best. Wiggins and KAT got paid, now just need to buy in and work their azzes off. That's about it.

Maybe get Noah too.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#16 » by cheese318 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 9:12 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

If they are winning I wouldn’t care. As much as it’s annoying he wants to leave I’m pretty sure Kawhi has stated he wants to be in LA but is on TOR right now taking his paycheck. Not an ideal situation but unless Thibs makes a decision they are stuck. I wonder if PHX would consider moving TJ Warren. For the record it’s kind of naive to think that he’s the only one who’s playing for a paycheck.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#17 » by alienpick » Thu Oct 4, 2018 11:42 pm

likashing wrote:He should report.

He "notified" Minny that he would leave next summer, so they can trade him if they want something back. Then he got *pissed* when Minny doesn't try hard enough to trade him?

Jimmy Buckets act like it was a good will gesture to Minny, but his actions show he wanted to be traded *so he can get the 5-year max with 8% raises" on his *preferred* new team. Otherwise he will just get 4-year with a lower raise next summer.

Dude, sign 1 year contracts if you want flexibility. But you are so afraid of losing guaranteed money so you would just act like an ass when you enter the final year of the contract. Coward.

We see you Jimmy.

plus he can sign a 5-year max deal if the wolves execute a sign and trade at the end of the season, so there's no need to be moved now
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#18 » by likashing » Fri Oct 5, 2018 1:15 am

alienpick wrote:

We see you Jimmy.

plus he can sign a 5-year max deal if the wolves execute a sign and trade at the end of the season, so there's no need to be moved now

Sign-and-trade max is also 4 years with 5% raise. Not 5 years 8%. That is why Jimmy is pushing for a trade to where he wants to be next summer. See what Jimmy is trying to do now?
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#19 » by alienpick » Sat Oct 6, 2018 12:30 am

likashing wrote:
alienpick wrote:

We see you Jimmy.

Sign-and-trade max is also 4 years with 5% raise. Not 5 years 8%. That is why Jimmy is pushing for a trade to where he wants to be next summer. See what Jimmy is trying to do now?

ok cool. thanks for the correction, I thought he still got five years. I get it now

Return to Wiretap Discussion