Kevin Durant Expected To Consider Knicks In 2019

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kevin Durant Expected To Consider Knicks In 2019 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 4, 2018 7:53 pm

The possibility of Kevin Durant leaving the Golden State Warriors in 2019 to sign with the New York Knicks has gained momentum.

"The New York Knicks have a very good shot at luring KD away from the Bay Area," said Chris Haynes on Fox Sports 1. "The reason I say that is his business partner, Rich Kleiman, is based in New York, huge New York Knicks fan. Their business is located and based in New York. KD’s dad is a big New York Knicks fan. The same allure that LeBron (James) had towards the Los Angeles Lakers – just the building, the culture – is the same thing, the same way, I know, that KD feels about the Knicks."

The Knicks project to have cap space to sign Durant, who didn't meet with them in 2016.

"Golden State does have the edge obviously," said Haynes.

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

bigg mike
Junior
And1: 37

Re: Kevin Durant Expected To Consider Knicks In 2019 

Post#2 » by bigg mike » Thu Oct 4, 2018 7:57 pm

I'm a big Knicks fan, but come on. The allure of NY because his business partner is based in NY and his dad was a Knicks fan? Pretty weak argument for signing with the Knicks. I'd love it, but it ain't happening.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#3 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Oct 4, 2018 8:39 pm

Should have done that last time......oh wait, Melo was there.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,043

Post#4 » by Lalouie » Thu Oct 4, 2018 9:49 pm

no one wants to play for nyk and there's no other reason necessary
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#5 » by cheese318 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 9:52 pm

KD can try to clear his image by winning a championship with NYK. I think they are a wildcard to get KD. We are building with young talent all over the court. If KP shows he is back healthy and we end up with a top lottery pick this year the NYK are about move up in the NBA
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#6 » by hyberx » Thu Oct 4, 2018 11:46 pm

Nice, so KD can join all the other big names playing there like LeBron, Kawhi, Paul George, whose were all said to have considered Knicks. Oh wait.
KnickMan
Pro Prospect
And1: 204

Post#7 » by KnickMan » Fri Oct 5, 2018 1:46 am

I know it fashionable to make fun of the Knicks but this new regime is.building the right way. I feel very confident the within two years this team will be the surprise team in the east with or without Durant.
"Tier 1 Asset Accumulation"
http://www.greatfinancialoptions.com
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#8 » by likashing » Fri Oct 5, 2018 4:34 am

Warriors fan here. Yup NYK will be a wildcard. Can’t see him joining the Lakers to get LeBron more rings. OKC chance is slim. If Seattle gets a team I am sure he will consider.

Other than that I don’t see him joint a small/mid market team. If he leaves the Warriors, it will be more than basketball. If he just wants to win, he doesn’t need to move. The “prove he can win without the Warriors” thing is just for haters. He has nothing to prove on basketball anymore.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 666

Post#9 » by jk31 » Fri Oct 5, 2018 4:34 am

hyberx wrote:Nice, so KD can join all the other big names playing there like LeBron, Kawhi, Paul George, whose were all said to have considered Knicks. Oh wait.
Well it only says He will consider the Knicks. Durant im free agency: "There are the Knicks.... naaaaaaah" can also be called considering i Guess.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#10 » by TimRobbins » Fri Oct 5, 2018 5:33 am

Durant is not Lebron. He will re-sign with the Warriors unless something breaks down (major injury to a core player, etc.).
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,133

Post#11 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:55 am

Very true article. Not a reposting of an article or summarization of cable TV sports talk shows designed to drive clicks or viewership,respectively. No siree. Very legit. :D

Return to Wiretap Discussion