Klay Thompson Widely Expected To Re-Sign With Warriors

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Klay Thompson Widely Expected To Re-Sign With Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Nov 1, 2018 4:29 pm

Most executives around the NBA expect Klay Thompson to re-sign with the Golden State Warriors.

Thompson reportedly held extension talks with the Warriors a few months ago before deciding to wait for free agency in 2019.

"Executives I’ve spoken with said they would be shocked if Thompson left the Warriors," writes Kevin O'Connor.

Thompson signed an extension with the Warriors in 2014.

Via Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Re: Klay Thompson Widely Expected To Re-Sign With Warriors 

Post#2 » by GaaBaaBoo » Thu Nov 1, 2018 4:46 pm

He's going to Lakers
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#3 » by MJallday59 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 6:14 pm

GaaBaaBoo wrote:He's going to Lakers

Lakers, Philly, GSW
GuessWhoNot
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#4 » by GuessWhoNot » Thu Nov 1, 2018 6:33 pm

If Klay wants a max contract, then he can forget the Warriors. I'm sure that deep inside he's tired of playing in both Steph and KD's shadows.
Ndugu Kamala
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#5 » by Ndugu Kamala » Thu Nov 1, 2018 7:19 pm

"Oh yeah, you can mark it down. Klay's going to retire in the Warriors' uniform," Thompson said. "He's going to play at Chase Center, and he's not going to be at Chase Center as a visiting player, he's going to be a Warrior for the next seven or eight years." Mychal Thompson
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Nov 1, 2018 7:46 pm

3pt: 0/4, 1/5, 14/24!!, back to 1/4.

I'd think he's considering to be on a team as a more important piece, especially if the Dubs won't max him.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#7 » by cheese318 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 7:52 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:3pt: 0/4, 1/5, 14/24!!, back to 1/4.

I'd think he's considering to be on a team as a more important piece, especially if the Dubs won't max him.

That’s what I’m saying. If they offer KD supermax I think he is going to finally take it personal. GSW is going to have to play this one close to the vest. Klay has to be ordered the supermax but you might lose KD in the end but that’s expected regardless as a lot of the talk of him being his last year in GSW. Imagine if they lose both of them this season. That would be crazy

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Nov 1, 2018 8:40 pm

cheese318 wrote:

That’s what I’m saying. If they offer KD supermax I think he is going to finally take it personal. GSW is going to have to play this one close to the vest. Klay has to be ordered the supermax but you might lose KD in the end but that’s expected regardless as a lot of the talk of him being his last year in GSW. Imagine if they lose both of them this season. That would be crazy

KD really should get out of the shelter and try to forge his own path
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#9 » by xdrta+ » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:19 pm

cheese318 wrote: If they offer KD supermax I think he is going to finally take it personal. GSW is going to have to play this one close to the vest. Klay has to be ordered the supermax but you might lose KD in the end but that’s expected regardless as a lot of the talk of him being his last year in GSW. Imagine if they lose both of them this season. That would be crazy. Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Do you know what a so-called "supermax" is? Here's a clue, KD's not eligible for one, and Klay wouldn't be eligible unless he makes all-NBA.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#10 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Nov 2, 2018 2:35 am

Massive sample size or you could use defends best opposition player and shots over 40 percent from 3 nearly every year
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Nov 2, 2018 4:57 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:

Massive sample size or you could use defends best opposition player and shots over 40 percent from 3 nearly every year

Exactly, does he want to be more than 3&D? He's entering his prime.
Thanks for the honesty.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#12 » by cheese318 » Fri Nov 2, 2018 5:47 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
cheese318 wrote:

KD really should get out of the shelter and try to forge his own path

In his mind he did that when he left OKC

Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion