Terry Rozier Receiving Trade Interest From At Least Seven Teams

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Terry Rozier Receiving Trade Interest From At Least Seven Teams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:03 pm

There have been at least seven teams monitoring the status of Terry Rozier this season waiting to see if the Boston Celtics might begin fielding trade calls for him.

Rozier will be a restricted free agent this offseason and Kyrie Irving plans to re-sign with the Celtics to remain their starting point guard. Rozier could command a contract in the $16 million to $20 million per year range.

The Phoenix Suns have been one of the more aggressive teams in pursuing Rozier.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

TO_Baller
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Terry Rozier Receiving Trade Interest From At Least Seven Teams 

Post#2 » by TO_Baller » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:26 pm

Someone with inside information told me he's going to the raptors.....just sayin'
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:29 pm

TO_Baller wrote:Someone with inside information told me he's going to the raptors.....just sayin'

He needs to play a lot of minutes to be successful, so if he's Toronto's backup it may backfire on them.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#4 » by Psubs » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:34 pm

Weird that he's never shot over 40% FG, but shoots above average 3's around 38%. :-?

He' only an upgrade to FVV rebounding wise which isn't an issue with the Raptors.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#5 » by cedric76 » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:44 pm

i think he ll go to the suns

I really hope that Orlando dont overpay for him
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#6 » by colaroaster » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:49 pm

"sources" from the same people that kyrie's going to play with butler in new york?
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#7 » by The_Hater » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:55 pm

colaroaster wrote:"sources" from the same people that kyrie's going to play with butler in new york?

Considering that Rozier is a pending free agent poised to get a huge pay raise next summer while remaining a back-up PG in Boston, I don’t think it’s a huge stretch to say that Ainge will be strongly entertaining offers to trade him. While it’s nice to think that teams can re-sign everyone regardless of the price tag, the salary cap forces these types of tough decisions.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:58 pm

Psubs wrote:Weird that he's never shot over 40% FG, but shoots above average 3's around 38%. :-?

He' only an upgrade to FVV rebounding wise which isn't an issue with the Raptors.

I’m not a huge Rozier fan but he has shown pretty steady improvement for 3 years and played terrific in last year’s playoffs. Right or wrong, I think a lot of teams see more upside that could be unlocked with a bigger role away from Boston. FVV is a solid no doubt, but I’m not sure teams see as much future upside.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,648

Post#9 » by sbsat » Wed Nov 7, 2018 6:06 pm

Ainge looking to add to the stockpile of 500 1st rd draft picks he already has. Asking price is 4 1st rounders. :lol:
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#10 » by trebone » Wed Nov 7, 2018 6:16 pm

Dennis Schroeder 2.0
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#11 » by pagal » Wed Nov 7, 2018 6:41 pm

Typical BS being leaked by Boston FO. This bum will command $16-20 million? FOH.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#12 » by Donnyxc » Wed Nov 7, 2018 6:56 pm

Psubs wrote:Weird that he's never shot over 40% FG, but shoots above average 3's around 38%. :-?

He has, look at his playoff numbers from 2018. Those are his best minutes stats indicator.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#13 » by MegaK » Wed Nov 7, 2018 7:43 pm

He better for Boston than Kyrie. He younger, still developing, has killer mentality, will cost less, and works better the current roster than Kyrie. Boston should try and trade Kyrie for draft picks (like they like to do) along with some solid 3 and D guys and or strech 4's, and or shot blocking Centers. Hand the reigns over to Rozier, he the future of bean town along with those other two young guys. That's a nice trio that can play together for 5 years plus. Kyrie too hot for Boston, he belongs in NY, that's where he would be most impactful. Take that for Data.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#14 » by HotelVitale » Wed Nov 7, 2018 8:01 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
Psubs wrote:Weird that he's never shot over 40% FG, but shoots above average 3's around 38%. :-? He' only an upgrade to FVV rebounding wise which isn't an issue with the Raptors.
He has, look at his playoff numbers from 2018. Those are his best minutes stats indicator.

Doesn't make a ton of sense to say that one 19-game sample is better and more reliable than the 80-game sample we had last year or the 10-game one we had this year. You'd have to be looking to put him in the best light to make that conclusion.

Also, even accepting that, Rozier shot exactly .406 in last year's playoffs and his TS was a lackluster 54%. And before last year, he'd shot 22% and 32% on 3s. I don't think I'd be ready to conclude that he's going to be a perfectly capable shooter going forward.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#15 » by deeps6x » Wed Nov 7, 2018 8:49 pm

I'd like them to trade Rozier to Phoenix for a first round pick, then have Kyrie change his mind July first and leave for New York.

Without two top PGs they don't get past the Raptors. Plus I'd love to see them lose both Rozier and Irving.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,834

Post#16 » by nikster » Wed Nov 7, 2018 8:50 pm

I'm surprised so many people are high on him, I thought chuckers generally got a bad rap on RealGM. Outside of 2 playoff series last year this guy has been horribly inefficient his entire career. Despite career high in 3PA and percentage last year he's still inefficient because he just can't score inside the line. He rarely gets to the rim and when does is a poor finisher.

He's also only 2 years younger than Kyrie, it's a joke that someone suggested he's a better option for the Celtics future. A team that has struggled offensively and you want to replace the Celtics most efficient volume scorer with their least efficient. $16+ Million for this guy is a complete overpay
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#17 » by lolwut » Wed Nov 7, 2018 8:51 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:
Psubs wrote:Weird that he's never shot over 40% FG, but shoots above average 3's around 38%. :-? He' only an upgrade to FVV rebounding wise which isn't an issue with the Raptors.

Doesn't make a ton of sense to say that one 19-game sample is better and more reliable than the 80-game sample we had last year or the 10-game one we had this year. You'd have to be looking to put him in the best light to make that conclusion.

Also, even accepting that, Rozier shot exactly .406 in last year's playoffs and his TS was a lackluster 54%. And before last year, he'd shot 22% and 32% on 3s. I don't think I'd be ready to conclude that he's going to be a perfectly capable shooter going forward.

Maybe he'd shoot better if he wears that arm sleeve properly.
2023-2024 FatherTrackerâ„¢ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#18 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Nov 7, 2018 9:38 pm

MegaK wrote:He better for Boston than Kyrie. He younger, still developing, has killer mentality, will cost less, and works better the current roster than Kyrie. Boston should try and trade Kyrie for draft picks (like they like to do) along with some solid 3 and D guys and or strech 4's, and or shot blocking Centers. Hand the reigns over to Rozier, he the future of bean town along with those other two young guys. That's a nice trio that can play together for 5 years plus.

Pretty sure resigning Kyrie and then trading him later on is in Ainge's cards.

OP: They have Smart as well. But they shouldn't trade him so soon cuz Kyrie is not a sure thing in resigning and in health.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#19 » by WargamesX » Wed Nov 7, 2018 9:43 pm

If Boston is really trying to compete to win a chip this year I don't see them trading Rozier because he is Kyrie injury insurance and an effective backup. Yeah, they will likely lose him in FA but if he is able to be a contributor to them making a finals run its worth the risk.

Also, Boston has 4 picks in this draft and already have too much talent to give minutes too. Trading Rozier isn't necessary
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#20 » by Scalabrine » Wed Nov 7, 2018 9:59 pm

You gotta think the teams that would trade for him are not gonna have any capspace next year unless the trade isn't giving anything up major.

Would the Celtics accept Bender and Okobo for Rozier and Yabusele?

Other teams I think could have made a call in to Boston: Pistons, Spurs, Pelicans, Heat, maybe Indiana and Sacramento too.

Those are my 7 teams that I guess and I'd also guess that most of them aren't offering up much.
Go Knicks!

Return to Wiretap Discussion