Rockets Expected To Waive Carmelo Anthony

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rockets Expected To Waive Carmelo Anthony 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Players and coaches of the Houston Rockets believe Carmelo Anthony has already played his final game for the team.

The Rockets could place Anthony on waivers as soon as Monday.

Over the weekend, it was reported the Rockets and Anthony were holding discussions over his role. Those talks came after Anthony's 1-for-11 performance against the Thunder.

The Rockets signed Anthony to a one-year deal for the veterans minimum of $2.4 million after he received a buyout from the Atlanta Hawks.

Anthony's spot on the roster is likely to be filled by signing undrafted rookie Gary Clark, currently on a two-way contract.

James Harden declined comment on Anthony's situation.

"Melo's been great here," Chris Paul said. "That's like a brother to me, know what I mean? I don't know what's being said or whatnot, but Melo's been great, working hard every day. So we'll see what happens."

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

Tamimi
Junior
And1: 30

Re: Rockets Expected To Waive Carmelo Anthony 

Post#2 » by Tamimi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Does anyone care? He's been irrelevant for 2-3 years. And he can't complain; he's been a money-first player and he sure did get paid over his career.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#3 » by likashing » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:21 pm

LeBron has asked CP3 to expedite waiving Melo.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#4 » by binjumper » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:44 pm

likashing wrote:LeBron has asked CP3 to expedite waiving Melo.

Pretty much set in Stone he is going to LA.
GuessWhoNot
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#5 » by GuessWhoNot » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Well that sucks for Melo. He's one of the only players I wouldn't mind signing with the Warriors. But I hope he finishes out his career with the Lakers and gently declines until he retires.
lonea
Rookie
And1: 527

Post#6 » by lonea » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:22 pm

if he stayed in denver, his career and personal life would be in order

i wouldn't be suprised if he becomes one of those bankrupted stories 5 years after he retires.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#7 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:57 pm

GuessWhoNot wrote:Well that sucks for Melo. He's one of the only players I wouldn't mind signing with the Warriors. But I hope he finishes out his career with the Lakers and gently declines until he retires.

The rapid decline has happened already he is not NBA material anymore he is done now.. LA wont want him
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#8 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:58 pm

binjumper wrote:

Why would LBJ want an old guy who can not play defence and can not shoot it would be a terrible pick up and a waste of money and hurt team chemistry.. Houston aren't getting rid of him because hes good..
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#9 » by binjumper » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
binjumper wrote:

Why would LBJ want an old guy who can not play defence and can not shoot it would be a terrible pick up and a waste of money and hurt team chemistry.. Houston aren't getting rid of him because hes good..

Banana Boat. Lebron always gets his friends.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,312

Post#10 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:13 pm

OK, Greenie, explain this to us. It's not Carmelo's fault this time either, right?
ImageImageImage
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#11 » by Durant Durant » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Lebron always looking for help. so MeLA & LABron is forthcoming.
No no yes yes
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#12 » by TheCage4 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:21 pm

If Carmelo wanted to start he should of stayed in Atlanta. If Carmelo wants to win, he needs to accept that being a 6th, 7th or 8th man on a competitive team is where he’s at in his career.

All jokes aside, he really appears mentally/emotionally unable to accept/realize he’s declining as a pro athlete. I know recently there was a spotlight shined on mental health in not only basketball, but professional sports as a whole. I’m not saying he needs to seek help, I’m simply saying there could be underlying factors that are going unaddressed.

There’s no championship in Laker land, and I can’t see the Warriors wanting or needing him. His best bet to start and win games may be in New Orleans.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#13 » by artsncrafts » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:52 pm

GuessWhoNot wrote:Well that sucks for Melo. He's one of the only players I wouldn't mind signing with the Warriors. But I hope he finishes out his career with the Lakers and gently declines until he retires.

How much further could he possibly decline?
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#14 » by alienpick » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:58 pm

[gfycat][/gfycat]
lonea wrote:if he stayed in denver, his career and personal life would be in order

i wouldn't be suprised if he becomes one of those bankrupted stories 5 years after he retires.

His wife wanted to go to LA or New York for her career aspirations. They probably would have broke up much sooner had he stayed.
lonea
Rookie
And1: 527

Post#15 » by lonea » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:59 pm

bad life decisions

alienpick wrote:[gfycat][/gfycat]
lonea wrote:if he stayed in denver, his career and personal life would be in order

His wife wanted to go to LA or New York for her career aspirations. They probably would have broke up much sooner had he stayed.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#16 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Repeating the poor, late career decisions of AI.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#17 » by 12footrim » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:58 pm

You should know it's over when they cut you for a 2 way undrafted player like Gary Clark to give him your role.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#18 » by Hoopzilla » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:05 pm

There are a lot of people on this board that have been proven to be really, really stupid. They need to enjoy an extra large serving of crow and stfu. :nod:

They will never admit how dumb they are by trying to say things would be better for Melo in Houston. I called this from day one. OKC 2.0. Addition by subtraction with this guy. He needs to retire, asap.

D'Antoni and Bzdelik got their revenge on this asshat. This 100% confirms Bzdelik left because of the prospect of dealing with Melo and he is now returning to the team after Melo has been shown the door. :lol:
Phanboi
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#19 » by Phanboi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:

The rapid decline has happened already he is not NBA material anymore he is done now.. LA wont want him

Dub nation does not want a player who doesn't play defense, Melo is done, and man needs to know his limitations....
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#20 » by streets talking » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:33 pm

The rockets broke carmelos record for most consecutive games started ..
But they might have created a new record for the player who got waved the most in a season and played for 4 teams since the summer

From okc to hawks to rockets and now heading to .... Lakers?!?

Return to Wiretap Discussion