Carmelo Anthony's Camp Evaluating Possible Landing Spots

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Carmelo Anthony's Camp Evaluating Possible Landing Spots 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:35 pm

Agents for Carmelo Anthony are gathering information about teams that would potentially be interested in signing him should he leave the Houston Rockets.

There has been a level of surprise to how quickly the situation between Anthony and the Rockets has fallen apart.

Anthony will remain away from the Rockets for the third straight game on Tuesday.

Mike D'Antoni plans to move rookie Gary Clark into a more prominent role in the rotation, which would usurp Anthony's minutes. Anthony has remained eager to play and try to contribute to the Rockets.

Anthony could have his veteran's minimum $2.4 million contract claimed on waivers, or he could clear waivers and become a free agent. 

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Re: Carmelo Anthony's Camp Evaluating Possible Landing Spots 

Post#2 » by iliyanvs » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:32 am

I dont think anyone would want Melo at this point, China sounds like the best destination
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#3 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:41 am

Don't think the Lakers can afford another non-shooting drama person, Grizz could give him a try with Parsons unknown, Pels and the Kings might be able to take that risk.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#4 » by hyberx » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:54 am

"Carmelo Anthony's Camp Evaluating Possible Landing Spots"

In the G League?
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#5 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:59 am

Yes, NOP seems the only team with aspirations who could seriously entertain Melo as a starting 3. Sure, some teams could use him as energy off the bench, but he doesn't want that. He *thinks* he can still demand a locked-in starting role.

This is not going to end well for Anthony's legacy. He might pull a Dez.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
shanghaifanzi
Senior
And1: 796

Post#6 » by shanghaifanzi » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 am

d'antoni style is never suitable with carmelo , shouldn't snap him from thunder at first place
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#7 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 am

I didn't see any issues that weren't expected. He has only played a handful of games on a completely new team -- and in that span scored 27 points in a game.

This is just another bit of news about my Rockets I dislike ever since this new owner took over. This doesn't smell like D. Morey to me. Morey and I almost always got along.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why you shouldn't ever care too much about sports. It's just a billionaire owner who made his money from a business that has nothing to do with sport, continually interfering and making decisions that he knows nothing about.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#8 » by MegaK » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:53 am

He'll be penetrating bigs or suckinng the D in, in either New York or Philly. Rockets are dumb for waiving him. They gonna regret that.
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#9 » by FreeBoosie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 am

Send him back home to NY(Nets) or Washington
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#10 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:46 am

Melo has morphed into JoshSmith.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#11 » by Cookin Baskets » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:02 am

gordoncatrell wrote:Melo has morphed into JoshSmith.

That sounds about right now everybody just decided he is not nba worthy anymore.

I can't believe Houston is already giving up on Carmelo Anthony. It's too early in the season and maybe their scapegoating him for their slow start. He wasn't going to be amazing but he can be a microwave scorer off the bench. He is not so bad that he is cut worthy. Houston be crazy :crazy:
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#12 » by TimRobbins » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:56 am

Go to Jerusalem and play with Amare.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#13 » by The_Hater » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:59 am

How long until Melo figures out that nobody is going to be interested....?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#14 » by The_Hater » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:07 pm

DeOgar wrote:

That sounds about right now everybody just decided he is not nba worthy anymore.

I can't believe Houston is already giving up on Carmelo Anthony. It's too early in the season and maybe their scapegoating him for their slow start. He wasn't going to be amazing but he can be a microwave scorer off the bench. He is not so bad that he is cut worthy. Houston be crazy :crazy:

Teams and management didn’t just get together and decide he couldn’t play anymore in some sort of conspiracy theory, they’ve watched him play the past 2 seasons and pretty much everyone has come to the same conclusion that he no longer helps teams win games.

He is very inefficient, high volume shooter and unwilling passer while being one Id the worst defensive players in the league. That makes him a net negative and that’s why he’s playing himself out of the league. Melo has refused to adapt his game while slowing down and this is the end result as age and an evolving league has caught up and passed him by. it happens to every former star player at some point.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#15 » by shadrock » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Please goto the Wizards and make the biggest clown show possible with Dwight.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#16 » by Hoopzilla » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Melo has choices, the world is his oyster. This is what happens when you build your career on being the most selfish you can be while also never adjusting or being willing to share the spotlight.

He can go to China, he has suitors there. He can join Lavar's league and win MVP. He can go the G League route and try and rebuild his brand and get another shot at the league, maybe. His best opportunity would be in the Big 3 league imo. He's done, might as well move on to the retirement league...

I would not be surprised if an NBA team gives him a chance out of sheer desperation, but that would be a huge mistake as OKC and Houston have now proven, Melo is fool's gold.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#17 » by eitanr » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Who would take him over Derrick Williams even? If that's a question then China is the answer.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#18 » by fuller4379 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:38 pm

I doubt even Europe would want him now. Maybe China.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#19 » by NBAFan93 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:Melo has choices, the world is his oyster. This is what happens when you build your career on being the most selfish you can be while also never adjusting or being willing to share the spotlight.

He can go to China, he has suitors there. He can join Lavar's league and win MVP. He can go the G League route and try and rebuild his brand and get another shot at the league, maybe. His best opportunity would be in the Big 3 league imo. He's done, might as well move on to the retirement league...

I would not be surprised if an NBA team gives him a chance out of sheer desperation, but that would be a huge mistake as OKC and Houston have now proven, Melo is fool's gold.

Melo is not going to go to the G League. Lol!
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#20 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:25 pm

DeOgar wrote:

Therein lies the problem.
He wont accept a bench role.

Return to Wiretap Discussion