Kevin Durant Confronted By Draymond Green About Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kevin Durant Confronted By Draymond Green About Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Draymond Green confronted Kevin Durant about his impending free agency as Green was being confronted by multiple teammates about his decision making at the end of regulation during Monday's loss by the Golden State Warriors to the Los Angeles Clippers.

Durant will be a free agent in 2019 and his status with the Warriors remains uncertain.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Re: Kevin Durant Confronted By Draymond Green About Free Agency 

Post#2 » by spicy6 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Its getting personal uh oh
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Post#3 » by DimesandKnicks » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:38 pm

true journalism
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#4 » by The Laker Kid » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Dray was probably crying. "Don't leave us please..."
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#5 » by alienpick » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:40 pm

The Laker Kid wrote:Dray was probably crying. "Don't leave us please..."

Probably not... they won without KD. They really don't need him.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#6 » by cheese318 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:11 am

alienpick wrote:

They do need him. They are another completely different level when KD/Steph are on the court. Without one of them the team can win but they are vulnerable and not untouchable anymore
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#7 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:47 am

alienpick wrote:

He cried to get him there after Lebron beat them without Durant they are still good but on the level of 6 other teams
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#8 » by hyberx » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:39 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
alienpick wrote:

He cried to get him there after Lebron beat them without Durant they are still good but on the level of 6 other teams

After LeBron beat them, them being without Green, Bogut, and Iguodala, 3 out of the 5 starters in the most of the last 3 game. And Cavs won with Kyrie's 3 pointer, not LeBron.
DoobieKeebler
Senior
And1: 34

Post#9 » by DoobieKeebler » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:51 am

Even Warriors fans - and I count myself as one - know that KD is a turf hopper, so when KD was laying into Draymond, Dray probably hit back at KD that everybody assumes he is going to take a max contract with the Lakers at the end of the year, using the exact same excuse he used when he came to the Warriors: not only will he hope to get rings, but expand his outside of basketball "brand" in his new city.

The sad thing is that, like Ray Allen, if KD goes to another team, he risks never having done enough in one place for a team to hoist his jersey into the rafters, despite him being one of the top 3, maybe top player in the game right now.

(but KD should have gotten the d*** ball)
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#10 » by likashing » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:41 am

He cried for KD to come after LeBron tea bagged him.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#11 » by Cookin Baskets » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:07 am

Draymond Green knows how to keep a free agent by badgering Durant so much he will just have to stay.(More like the opposite) :banghead: This is so Immature of Green but I'm not surprised to see him out of line.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:03 am

DeOgar wrote:Draymond Green knows how to keep a free agent by badgering Durant so much he will just have to stay.(More like the opposite) :banghead: This is so Immature of Green but I'm not surprised to see him out of line.

To be fair Green got him there.. must be some real concerns about him leaving though..
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:13 am

hyberx wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:
alienpick wrote:

After LeBron beat them, them being without Green, Bogut, and Iguodala, 3 out of the 5 starters in the most of the last 3 game. And Cavs won with Kyrie's 3 pointer, not LeBron.

Actually they won by 4 so they won on Lebrons Free throw so Kyries three was unnecessary.. Iggy is not a starter he is 6th man and he played all the games wtf you talking about.. Draymond missed one game and had a monster in game 7 and they still couldn't get it done.. bogut was playing 10 minutes a game till he got injured wow... the first time these two teams met it went 6 games and Lebron was missing Kyrie and Love Cavs would of won the first series easily and has 2 championships..
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,368

Post#14 » by baldur » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:50 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
alienpick wrote:

You are both right. But without Kevin Durant they will be still the clear favourite and they will be able to max both of klay and Dray.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#15 » by TimRobbins » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:15 am

DoobieKeebler wrote:Even Warriors fans - and I count myself as one - know that KD is a turf hopper, so when KD was laying into Draymond, Dray probably hit back at KD that everybody assumes he is going to take a max contract with the Lakers at the end of the year, using the exact same excuse he used when he came to the Warriors: not only will he hope to get rings, but expand his outside of basketball "brand" in his new city.

The sad thing is that, like Ray Allen, if KD goes to another team, he risks never having done enough in one place for a team to hoist his jersey into the rafters, despite him being one of the top 3, maybe top player in the game right now.

What would going to the Lakers do for him? He'd be in a worse situation than he is now.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,051

Post#16 » by Laimbeer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Wait, which is it? Draymond thinks the Warriors don't need KD or he's concerned about KD being a free agent? We've heard both now.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:16 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
DoobieKeebler wrote:Even Warriors fans - and I count myself as one - know that KD is a turf hopper, so when KD was laying into Draymond, Dray probably hit back at KD that everybody assumes he is going to take a max contract with the Lakers at the end of the year, using the exact same excuse he used when he came to the Warriors: not only will he hope to get rings, but expand his outside of basketball "brand" in his new city.

What would going to the Lakers do for him? He'd be in a worse situation than he is now.

He would be in space jam... no but really joining LBJ helps him as sooo many ppl hated him joining gws and making it uncompetitive joining LBJ will alleviate some of that Lakers are not going to have 4 all stars but 2 all stars which makes them a talented team but also about the same as a few others around them.. Boston for instance next year may have 4 all stars or more they already have 3... Draymond is just getting his panties in a knot when he cried the first time Durant comes running and saved him now he has to right to leave and Draymond has not right to cry..
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#18 » by TimRobbins » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:He would be in space jam... no but really joining LBJ helps him as sooo many ppl hated him joining gws and making it uncompetitive joining LBJ will alleviate some of that Lakers are not going to have 4 all stars but 2 all stars which makes them a talented team but also about the same as a few others around them.. Boston for instance next year may have 4 all stars or more they already have 3... Draymond is just getting his panties in a knot when he cried the first time Durant comes running and saved him now he has to right to leave and Draymond has not right to cry..

Durant will not commit to 4 years with a 35 YO Lebron. That makes no sense for him. He will win nothing with the Lakers. He's more likely to go to the Knicks.
DoobieKeebler
Senior
And1: 34

Post#19 » by DoobieKeebler » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:32 pm

TimRobbins wrote:

It's not so much worse as it is lateral. You just have to look at the nuances.

Kevin Durant has been taking less money than he's worth to stay with GSW and has been deferring to Curry as the leader of the team, despite the fact KD has been outplaying him, so in his mind, in LA he'd be getting a max contract he deserves for 4 years, which GSW can't do, and pulling a Kyrie in stepping out of the shadow of the "Real Warriors," Steph, Klay, & Dray. And for added insight, the GM was asked if KD could, or would, get any contract he wanted, and the GM said no. Then they asked about Steph, and he said, well, he's a true Warrior and has been here since the before times, so he gets whatever he wants. Basically, the KD situation has been bungled and made awkward at every step & turn by management, ownership & announcers.

So even though KD would just be leaving GSW to be going down to LA to play in LeBron's shadow, LA would be pretty d*** hard to stop.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#20 » by likashing » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:17 pm

KD might leave the Warriors but LA makes the least sense. Why would he want to stay behind LeBron in rings? Wishful thinking too much by Lakers fans.

If he does leave, returning to OKC or going NY seem more reasonable than LA by far.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.

Return to Wiretap Discussion