Warriors Deny Notion They're Choosing Sides Between Kevin Durant, Draymond Green

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Warriors Deny Notion They're Choosing Sides Between Kevin Durant, Draymond Green 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:46 am

Joe Lacob dismissed the notion that the Golden State Warriors could be choosing Kevin Durant over Draymond Green.

“I’ve read and heard all the things people are talking about. That we’re choosing one person over another. We’re not choosing anybody over anybody.”

The Warriors suspended Green following his verbal confrontation with Durant.

Lacob was asked whether this is a managerial issue.

“I think that’s exactly right. It’s totally a management issue,” said Lacob. General manager “Bob Myers and our head coach Steve Kerr are handling it. And they’re handling it very appropriately.”

Lacob said it hadn't occurred to the Warriors that it may appear as though they're choosing sides.

“It never even occurred to us. That’s not the point,” said Lacob. “The point is, whether it would be any employee, they’d have to act certain ways to be our employee. Draymond knows that he went beyond — won’t say what he did, or what he said, or anything like that — he went beyond what we felt appropriate, so it didn’t matter who it was.

“And he understands that, by the way. I’ve been texting with him, and he totally gets it. I do have a great relationship with him, and I still do.”

Via Al Saracevic/San Francisco Chronicle

Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Re: Warriors Deny Notion They're Choosing Sides Between Kevin Durant, Draymond Green 

Post#2 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:23 am

So this is bull because he was not suspended for the steve Kerr incident
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Re: Warriors Deny Notion They're Choosing Sides Between Kevin Durant, Draymond Green 

Post#3 » by likashing » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:49 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:So this is bull because he was not suspended for the steve Kerr incident

Did he tell Kerr “**** you go ahead and leave this team doesn’t need you?”
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,634

Post#4 » by OdomFan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:30 pm

As if they would admit it if they were choosing sides.
eddie jerel
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#5 » by eddie jerel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:19 am

likashing wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:So this is bull because he was not suspended for the steve Kerr incident

Not exactly but he did call him A B!+@% then threaten to kill him. It's up to you to decide which is worse.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#6 » by likashing » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 am

eddie jerel wrote:
likashing wrote:

Not exactly but he did call him A B!+@% then threaten to kill him. It's up to you to decide which is worse.

Did he also show his gun inside the locker?
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#7 » by jschligs » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:41 pm

RealGM, would you shut the **** Up with this crap? Enough.

Return to Wiretap Discussion