Cavs Asked LeBron James To Commit Long-Term If They Declined Kyrie Irving's Trade Request

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Cavs Asked LeBron James To Commit Long-Term If They Declined Kyrie Irving's Trade Request 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:12 pm

When Koby Altman was dealing with the trade request of Kyrie Irving, he asked LeBron James if he would commit to the franchise long-term if Irving was not traded. James said that he wouldn't commit to that stipulation.

James was adamant that the Cavaliers not trade Irving, especially not to the Boston Celtics.

The Cavaliers traded Irving to the Celtics and James signed with the Los Angeles Lakers on July 1, 2018.

Via Joe Vardon/The Athletic

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: Cavs Asked LeBron James To Commit Long-Term If They Declined Kyrie Irving's Trade Request 

Post#2 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Um....So what?
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Re: Cavs Asked LeBron James To Commit Long-Term If They Declined Kyrie Irving's Trade Request 

Post#3 » by NatiboyB » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:09 pm

As a Cavs fan thank you for the championship Lebron other than that forget you...You are the one who leg locked the franchise and than wouldn't commit and ran off to the Lakers...I regret doing the Jordan Clarkson/Nance trade because I think that is partly what allowed you to get to the Lakers but I also believe you were involved in the trade and actually knew that's where you were going to after the season so you wanted to clear Clarkson/Nances deals so you could get you a better deal....Also how much money do you make off of the deals KCP has received that are above his per season market value.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#4 » by NBAFan93 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Sounds like he was leaving anyways.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#5 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:49 pm

NatiboyB wrote:As a Cavs fan thank you for the championship Lebron other than that forget you...You are the one who leg locked the franchise and than wouldn't commit and ran off to the Lakers...I regret doing the Jordan Clarkson/Nance trade because I think that is partly what allowed you to get to the Lakers but I also believe you were involved in the trade and actually knew that's where you were going to after the season so you wanted to clear Clarkson/Nances deals so you could get you a better deal....Also how much money do you make off of the deals KCP has received that are above his per season market value.

You think he needs money from the KCP deals umm noo KCP was a cap holder same as Reddick was for the 76ers.. he left you guys got three number 1 draft picks and picked poorly.. Then he came back four straight finals appearances one title night have been two if not for Love and Kyrie injuries he has not left your the worst team in the league again and hey you might get Zion.. He helped you there and when he left..
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#6 » by tigerae » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 pm

NatiboyB wrote:As a Cavs fan thank you for the championship Lebron other than that forget you...You are the one who leg locked the franchise and than wouldn't commit and ran off to the Lakers...I regret doing the Jordan Clarkson/Nance trade because I think that is partly what allowed you to get to the Lakers but I also believe you were involved in the trade and actually knew that's where you were going to after the season so you wanted to clear Clarkson/Nances deals so you could get you a better deal....Also how much money do you make off of the deals KCP has received that are above his per season market value.
You had how many championships before him? Or winning seasons for that matter? How many number 1s in row did you have and still werent a playoff team in the East. How much money did the Cavs and the city make while LeBron was there?

It wasn't just the championship, it was also the Finals appearances as well imo. Teams like the Clippers, Grizzlies, Kings, Raptors, etc. can only dream of making it to one Finals, let alone multiple finals and a championship. As a Clippers fan, I would gladly trade in a 3 or 4 bad years after the fact if it meant a few championship runs.

Lakers still had the money to sign LeBron without the Clarkson trade, they just had to move him or Randle (by letting Randle walk like they did anyway) to get it done. Clarkson just needed to be moved to sign the 2nd star which won't happen until next off season anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935T using RealGM mobile app

Return to Wiretap Discussion