Michael Jordan 'Hellbent' On Re-Signing Kemba Walker

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Michael Jordan 'Hellbent' On Re-Signing Kemba Walker 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Kemba Walker will be one of the most prominent free agents on the 2019 market, but the Charlotte Hornets appear to be the heavy favorites to re-sign him.

"Michael Jordan is fully focused and hellbent, really, to re-sign Kemba Walker," said Shams Charania on Stadium.

Charania also reported that teams around the NBA expect Walker to re-sign with the Hornets. Walker, for his part, also is believed to prefer to remain with the Hornets.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Re: Michael Jordan 'Hellbent' On Re-Signing Kemba Walker 

Post#2 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:06 pm

He good and will get a max because he us one of those guys that is not top echelon but you cant let him go because there is no one else close to replacing him in your market.. He has had a very good year so far.. He is better than Devon Booker so defo will get the max.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#3 » by MaxRider » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:39 pm

contract year
no wonder suddenly he play much better
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#4 » by Joest2003 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:08 pm

MaxRider wrote:contract year
no wonder suddenly he play much better

Past 2 summers before this last one he was rehabbing surgeries. This last summer he was able to focus on getting better instead of healthy. Hes entering his prime years this is when players are expected to play at their top level. Nothing to do with contract year
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#5 » by Durant Durant » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 pm

why? never really brought them anywhere...
No no yes yes
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#6 » by Joest2003 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Durant Durant wrote:why? never really brought them anywhere...

Like Kyrie before Lebron came back to town?
At least Walker brought them to playoffs few times. Kyries Cavs before lebron was a lottery team yearly.
See how that second star player can change the narrative
HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 276

Post#7 » by HurricaneDij25 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Jordan traded Dwight Howard to stay out of the luxury tax.

Jordan now wants to re-sign Kemba at all costs.

He's contradicting himself a bit here and something will eventually have to give.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#8 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:32 pm

HurricaneDij25 wrote:Jordan traded Dwight Howard to stay out of the luxury tax.

Jordan now wants to re-sign Kemba at all costs.

He's contradicting himself a bit here and something will eventually have to give.

Lol. Thats not why Howard was traded.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#9 » by grindtime22 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Joest2003 wrote:

At least Walker brought them to playoffs few times. Kyries Cavs before lebron was a lottery team yearly.

I don't blame Kemba in the least bit. He is a fantastic point guard and the vast majority of teams would love to have him. You can win with him. He is a really great player with absolutely no help. Getting him in his 29, 30, 31, 32, and 33 (maybe) years is something I would have no problem paying.

Do we really have to bring Kyrie's 19, 20, and 21 year old years into it though? Kemba was averaging 12 a game when he was 21 and didn't make the jump to good player until he was 25. He has figured it out now and he has been great the last few years.

It isn't his fault now, he needs help, we can agree on that. I get the general point that players need help. Maybe the worst year of Kyrie's career resulted in a title and an iconic finals performance. The pre-Lebron argument is silly though.
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#10 » by Joest2003 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:38 pm

grindtime22 wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:

I don't blame Kemba in the least bit. He is a fantastic point guard and the vast majority of teams would love to have him. You can win with him. He is a really great player with absolutely no help. Getting him in his 29, 30, 31, 32, and 33 (maybe) years is something I would have no problem paying.

Do we really have to bring Kyrie's 19, 20, and 21 year old years into it though? Kemba was averaging 12 a game when he was 21 and didn't make the jump to good player until he was 25. He has figured it out now and he has been great the last few years.

It isn't his fault now, he needs help, we can agree on that. I get the general point that players need help. Maybe the worst year of Kyrie's career resulted in a title and an iconic finals performance. The pre-Lebron argument is silly though.

So your saying now that Kyrie is older he can now lead a lottery team into the playoffs by himself? Because I just just dont see it happening
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#11 » by grindtime22 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:

So your saying now that Kyrie is older he can now lead a lottery team into the playoffs by himself? Because I just just dont see it happening

Not what I'm saying. Maybe he can, maybe he can't. I'm saying using Kyrie's 19-21 year old years as proof is a bad argument.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#12 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:16 am

Play it cool, Mike.
Embarrassing.
Najee12
Pro Prospect
And1: 878

Get out of town, Kemba 

Post#13 » by Najee12 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:24 am

If anything, the Nov. 17 game vs. Philadelphia, where Kemba Walker scored 60 points, emphasizes why Walker should leave the Hornets as a free agent this summer. Walker scored 60 points in a game while a teammate making $25 million per year (Nicolas Batum) scored zero points and played only a few minutes in the second half.

Charlotte is going to be stuck in mediocrity for at least two more seasons because of former Hornets general manager Rich Cho's bad contracts (Batum, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marvin Williams, Cody Zeller) and adding more dead cap space with Bismack Biyombo. Walker is in his prime at age 28 and has been to the playoffs twice. Beyond that, Charlotte doesn't have much upside -- duplicating young players with decent at best potential and no established plan for a team. Walker will be closer to the end of his prime by the time he hopes Charlotte could be more than a fringe playoff team.
Kevin Johnson isn't "Michael Jordan" famous ... he's "Mitch Richmond" famous
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Re: Get out of town, Kemba 

Post#14 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:40 am

Najee12 wrote:If anything, the Nov. 17 game vs. Philadelphia, where Kemba Walker scored 60 points, emphasizes why Walker should leave the Hornets as a free agent this summer. Walker scored 60 points in a game while a teammate making $25 million per year (Nicolas Batum) scored zero points and played only a few minutes in the second half.

Charlotte is going to be stuck in mediocrity for at least two more seasons because of former Hornets general manager Rich Cho's bad contracts (Batum, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marvin Williams, Cody Zeller) and adding more dead cap space with Bismack Biyombo. Walker is in his prime at age 28 and has been to the playoffs twice. Beyond that, Charlotte doesn't have much upside -- duplicating young players with decent at best potential and no established plan for a team. Walker will be closer to the end of his prime by the time he hopes Charlotte could be more than a fringe playoff team.

Maybe Mike is playing poker and inflating Kemba value for trade.
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,060

Post#15 » by v1n5anity » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:35 am

Hellbent? I'd trade him while his value is high. It's not like he's taking them deep in the playoffs. He's not someone you build around but is a good 2nd option.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#16 » by Alonzo_Morning » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 am

What else can he do but offer the largest contract available?

Text him every night 'Please re-sign Kemba my bae!'
Najee12
Pro Prospect
And1: 878

Re: Get out of town, Kemba 

Post#17 » by Najee12 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:42 pm

gordoncatrell wrote:Maybe Mike is playing poker and inflating Kemba value for trade.

Then Mitch Kupchak is an even bigger idiot than I thought. He should focus on getting rid of his overpaid marginal players and mediocre recent lottery picks while trying to keep the all-star, not the other way around.
Kevin Johnson isn't "Michael Jordan" famous ... he's "Mitch Richmond" famous

Return to Wiretap Discussion