Kevin Durant 'Would Love' To Own NBA Team In Seattle

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kevin Durant 'Would Love' To Own NBA Team In Seattle 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 6, 2018 7:49 am

Kevin Durant said that it would be a "great story" if he owned an NBA team in Seattle after his playing days are over. 

Durant, who was drafted by the SuperSonics in 2007, has previously discussed his desire to see the NBA return to Seattle. He and business partner Rich Kleiman have met with current NBA owners and tech CEOs over the past two seasons to understand the inner workings of the league. 

"It's just the fact that I played there and I get so much love there," Durant said. "More than any city in the league probably. Look, it would be a great story. But it would be a lot of hard work, it won't be easy because it's Seattle...I know people want to tie me into Seattle a lot, and I love being part of that".

The NHL recently awarded Seattle an expansion team set to begin play in the 2021-22 season. 

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Re: Kevin Durant 'Would Love' To Own NBA Team In Seattle 

Post#2 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:08 am

You know what cracks me up the most???

NBA Fans are ok with Lebum forming superteams and even leaving teams when things go bad and staying in the weak ass EAST (over the years)

And yet Everyone is hating on KD for Leaving 1 team and Joining the Enemy ???

KD is just doing what everyone always quotes in life

"Keep my enemy's closer" <> forget how it goes

And yet everyone hating on him and still love

Lebum

LMAO

KD Bring back Seattle Actually Help Clippers move to Seattle as only need one LA Team and that's Lakers

LOL
Bring back Defense
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#3 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:29 am

Let's make it happen! 8-)
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#4 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:30 am

EZ GG LOSER wrote:You know what cracks me up the most???

NBA Fans are ok with Lebum forming superteams and even leaving teams when things go bad and staying in the weak ass EAST (over the years)

Lebum

LMAO

KD Bring back Seattle Actually Help Clippers move to Seattle as only need one LA Team and that's Lakers

LOL

You know this isn't even true right? When James join the Heat he was criticized much heavier than Durant ever was even though Durant joined a much better team than James did.
twelvefifteen
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#5 » by twelvefifteen » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:35 am

They weren't around long enough to hurt his feelings.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#6 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 11:09 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:

Lebum

LMAO

LOL

You know this isn't even true right? When James join the Heat he was criticized much heavier than Durant ever was even though Durant joined a much better team than what James did.

Exactly this guy just makes **** up hes too dumb
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#7 » by Anatomize » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:34 pm

Lebum

LMAO

LOL

You have a troll nickname and a troll post, but either way.. it's not even remotely the same thing.

KD backstabbed his brothers in war and went to the team who beat them in one of the most important series in OKC's franchise history. That's like me being with my brother and fighting against his bullies, and then deciding next time around to join them and beat up my brother.

He did the antithesis what sports is about. He joined the best team ever in the history of the NBA (NBA record wins), he basically handed himself an easy championship.

Don't forget Miami lost to Dallas in their first year, it wasn't until they got Ray Allen and other veterans like Mike Miller and Shane Battier that they started winning consistently. LeBron equally got a ton of heat for what he did, but two wrongs don't make a right, just because LeBron did it doesn't mean you should do it too, they were both pussy moves.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#8 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 1:36 pm

There is no comparison for what Lebron did and Durant did. Durant's OKC team was good enough to have the Warriors team down 3-1 in playoffs before losing the series. Immediately following those playoffs, Durant abandoned OKC to bandwagon on to the already established, championship 73 win Warrior team. Lebron never did anything like this. There is good reason that nobody views Durant as a great champion (yet).
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#9 » by Durant Durant » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:16 pm

No no yes yes
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#10 » by MegaK » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:18 pm

Such a cupcake.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#11 » by cheese318 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:43 pm

Lebum

LMAO

LOL

That was funny. LeBron wasn’t hated when he went to Miami? GTFOH. Learn your facts. How did he form a superteam in CLE? He joined Kyrie. They traded for Kevin Love. No guarantee that Love was coming. MIN could have traded him anywhere. Regardless of the fact to say LBJ was not hated for his decision is so dumb. KD was hated for his decision. He hasn’t left that team. He acts like he deserves all this credit for the titles when he joined a 73 win team. LeBron joined a 20 win team. And a 30 win team. Whether you believe it or not they all had to learn how to play with each other. KD didn’t have to deal with that. He will never get the credit he is looking for until he wins somewhere else. If he is smart he goes to NYK as that would save his career if he truly is looking for validation from winning
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#12 » by dan-man » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:43 pm

To be perfectly clear, KD would love to own a team anywhere.
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#13 » by Rek » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:46 pm

Lebum

LMAO

LOL

Troll better next time.
broseph13
Senior
And1: 170

Post#14 » by broseph13 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:44 pm

I'm not sure if it's even possible for anyone with less than $5 billion to become majority owner of any NBA team. He could be a minority owner, but multibillionaires will be the only one's who can actually become majority owner in the future.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:45 pm

I would also love to own an NBA team in Seattle... or Pittsburgh... or Guadalajara... or Bangladesh... really, anywhere would be fine. :D
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,561

Post#16 » by dc » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:21 pm

broseph13 wrote:I'm not sure if it's even possible for anyone with less than $5 billion to become majority owner of any NBA team. He could be a minority owner, but multibillionaires will be the only one's who can actually become majority owner in the future.

It likely isn't possible. Like any player, he'd have to settle for a minority stake and then fight for having a say in business or basketball decision making. I mean I think Shaq is a minority stake holder with the Kings but we've heard almost nothing about him having any role in any capacity with how that franchise is being run.

An ex-player who wants a part of the action is better off just going the player personnel route and in the most ideal situation, you end up like Elton Brand, who got a GM job not long after he ended up retiring.

Otherwise players are just going to have to settle for being happy with a minority stake investment.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#17 » by streets talking » Thu Dec 6, 2018 9:15 pm

"u think its all about u?!?"
-draymond green-
House12
Senior
And1: 392

Post#18 » by House12 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 11:21 pm