LeBron James Suggested Cavs Trade Kyrie Irving For Damian Lillard

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James Suggested Cavs Trade Kyrie Irving For Damian Lillard 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:23 pm

When Kyrie Irving requested a trade from the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James suggested they attempt to trade him to the Portland Trail Blazers for Damian Lillard.

The Cavaliers never reached out to the Blazers on a trade for Lillard, but the interest from James has led to speculation about the Los Angeles Lakers eventually trying to trade for him.

Lillard's future with the Blazers has been uncertain. Lillard won't be a free agent until 2021.

"I love where I am," Lillard said. "I play for a great organization. I'm not looking for nothing. I think we'd complement each other well, but the only way that ever happens is if my team decides they don't want me no more. I'm trying to build something here."

spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Re: LeBron James Suggested Cavs Trade Kyrie Irving For Damian Lillard 

Post#2 » by spicy6 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:12 pm

Wow thats something new. But why though? Kyrie and Dame are pretty much the same player.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#3 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:47 pm

spicy6 wrote:Wow thats something new. But why though? Kyrie and Dame are pretty much the same player.
e he knew Kyrie had enough of his sh*t, and didn't want to be the sidekick anymore.

If Bron had his way, he would assemble 10 all stars, then act like it was tough to win over GS.
DarkoNeedsAfro
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,239

Post#4 » by DarkoNeedsAfro » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:04 pm

spicy6 wrote:Wow thats something new. But why though? Kyrie and Dame are pretty much the same player.

Because Kyrie requested a trade and Lillard is a similar good player? Or are you saying why for the blazers?
DarkoNeedsAfro
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,239

Post#5 » by DarkoNeedsAfro » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:06 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
e he knew Kyrie had enough of his sh*t, and didn't want to be the sidekick anymore.

If Bron had his way, he would assemble 10 all stars, then act like it was tough to win over GS.

If he was as weak as some in the league he would be a warrior now. I think we can stop with that line of bs...the man just went to the Lakers who have zero all-stars
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#6 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:27 pm

DarkoNeedsAfro wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

If he was as weak as some in the league he would be a warrior now. I think we can stop with that line of bs...the man just went to the Lakers who have zero all-stars

And you can stop with the BS he went to the Lakers to win games. It would be nice, but he went there to market his brand and retire in the sunshine and let everybody in LA kiss his arse. He won't win crap in LA for the reasons you stated. Zero all stars, and none willing to come. He's got 5 years of sitting on the beach and looking for movies to guest star in. Nothing more.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#7 » by MegaK » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:59 pm

He going to LA for sure. They trading him to the Wizards for Beal and then the Wizardz are trading him to LA to rebuild with Ingram, Hart and a pick. It happening foolz. Get readyz !
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#8 » by likashing » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:49 pm

LeBron had said repeatedly that he was just a player not the GM.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,208

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Dec 6, 2018 7:21 pm

From a Portland standpoint... do it!

Hart, Kuzma and two 1sts. They'd need to throw in Rondo for salary filler which POR could buyout or send off in another trade. (not sure anyone wants him at that price.)
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#10 » by tribulations » Thu Dec 6, 2018 7:44 pm

So Portland are doing better than LA but want to trade their franchise guy for Laker trash to presumably get worse?
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#11 » by Pennebaker » Thu Dec 6, 2018 9:29 pm

Lillard and LeBron have a good relationship, and both have said that they would fit well together, but Lillard is obligated to be a Trailblazer first and foremost so he cannot publicly say that he wants to play with LeBron. Instead he publicly says that he's commited to Portland and that he wants to build a superteam in Portland (even though I think he knows that will never happen).

In any case, LeBron and Lillard would be a killer duo, superior to LeBron and Irving.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,208

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:37 pm

tribulations wrote:So Portland are doing better than LA but want to trade their franchise guy for Laker trash to presumably get worse?

The Lakers are 2 games ahead of POR in the standings. POR is only 1.5 games ahead of 13th place HOU. The Blazers are not doing better than the Lakers and Lillard still can't split a double team. If POR makes the playoffs they will get swept again this year.
rawa13
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#13 » by rawa13 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 4:26 am

Lebron was too busy getting over Kyrie's rejection to offer any constructive ideas to Cavs.

Return to Wiretap Discussion