Anthony Davis, LeBron James Meet Up For Dinner After Game

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Anthony Davis, LeBron James Meet Up For Dinner After Game 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:47 pm

LeBron James and Anthony Davis met up for a postgame dinner in Los Angeles following the Lakers' 112-104 win over the Pelicans.

The Pelicans were staying overnight in Los Angeles before traveling to Sacramento.

“I’d take legacy over money,” Davis told Yahoo Sports after posting game highs of 30 points and 20 rebounds to go with five assists in Friday’s loss. “I want to have a legacy. All my people that look up to me, the younger kids, I want them to know about AD’s legacy. Championships, the things I do in the community, being a good teammate, playing hard. All that stuff matters the most to me. Don’t get me wrong, money is amazing. But I think in that sense, money or legacy, I think my legacy will win that battle every time.”

If Davis declines the supermax, he will likely become a free agent in 2020, which will force the Pelicans to consider trading him.

Davis purchased a $7.5 million home in Westlake Village in Los Angeles County earlier this year.

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Re: Anthony Davis, LeBron James Meet Up For Dinner After Game 

Post#2 » by Hoopzilla » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Right now his legacy is that he is a top player that refuses to give up on the team that gave him his chance. That is an honourable legacy, although without a title, sure.

Looks like Lebron is convincing him to join the dark side and become pathetic just like he is. Take the easy route, form Super Teams, try to cherry pick titles and let history laugh at you. AD needs a new role model; all Lebron wants to do is use him like he did Kyrie. Maybe Lebron promises to let AD have some of the spotlight, who knows.

The extent to which Lebron is willing to go to try and cherry pick is pathetic on an all time level. History will laugh at how sad and scared of competition this guy is
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#3 » by Hoopzilla » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Right now his legacy is that he is a top player that refuses to give up on the team that gave him his chance. That is an honourable legacy, although without a title, sure.

Looks like Lebron is convincing him to join the dark side and become pathetic just like he is. Take the easy route, form Super Teams, try to cherry pick titles and let history laugh at you. AD needs a new role model; all Lebron wants to do is use him like he did Kyrie. Maybe Lebron promises to let AD have some of the spotlight, who knows.

The extent to which Lebron is willing to go to try and cherry pick is pathetic on an all time level. History will laugh at how sad and scared of competition this guy is
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#4 » by Lava Rock Kid » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:57 pm

Nba should block any free agent signing or trade that brings Davis to lakers
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#5 » by Hoopzilla » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Players meet for dinner all the time, it just isn't every day that we know one is trying to bromance the other so he can ride his coattails as he ages
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#6 » by LukasBMW » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:Right now his legacy is that he is a top player that refuses to give up on the team that gave him his chance. That is an honourable legacy, although without a title, sure.

Agree 100%.

This is tampering on a whole new level.

And no honorable player from the 70's, 80's or 90's would have tried to recruit the enemy. Imagine the bad boy pistons trying to recruit Jordan or Magic trying to recruit Bird.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#7 » by Wo1verine » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Next CBA needs even more incentive to have superstar players to stay with small market teams.

Davis leaving New Orleans is a franchise killer.
BrunoSkull
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#8 » by thamadkant » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Tampering should extend out to players

And make them take an oath like when you go up to the courts as a witness or stating a testimony

Klutch Sports and Lebron James have tampered so many times it ain't funny

Feel sorry for Pelicans and New Orleans...

And down the road I will feel sorry for Davis when Lebron takes more accolades from wins turn him to a better Javale McGee or a Chris Bosh v2. 0

Legacy??
If Davis wants legacy he should win a championship for Pelicans or some small team as the main man to lead them to their first ring

As a Laker he will just be another star amongst the dozens who've joined the Golden child (Lakers) of the NBA. Lost in crowd
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#9 » by the_process » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:20 pm

AD realizes his legacy will be "LeBron's b****" if he joins LA, right? And he won't even be guaranteed a title if Durant stays in GS.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#10 » by doordoor123 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:39 pm

thamadkant wrote:Tampering should extend out to players

And make them take an oath like when you go up to the courts as a witness or stating a testimony

Klutch Sports and Lebron James have tampered so many times it ain't funny

Feel sorry for Pelicans and New Orleans...

And down the road I will feel sorry for Davis when Lebron takes more accolades from wins turn him to a better Javale McGee or a Chris Bosh v2. 0

Legacy??
If Davis wants legacy he should win a championship for Pelicans or some small team as the main man to lead them to their first ring

As a Laker he will just be another star amongst the dozens who've joined the Golden child (Lakers) of the NBA. Lost in crowd

Weren’t Kobe and Shaq supposed to be “lost in the crowd?” There were greats before them, but they both stood out on their own. It’s not about being lost in the crowd, it’s anout being a face for a new generation. And this generation has more ability to watch Laker games than most other teams.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#11 » by tigerae » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:24 pm

Wow, the LeBron hating is oozing from some of you.

70s, 80s and 90s stars moved as well. Kareem, Pippen, Shaq to name a few. In the older days it was more teams trading their stars to different teams instead of them choosing their locations. Heck, even Kobe was shopping for houses in Chicago and would have signed there had the Lakers kept Shaq.

Stars from other teams have always been friends and I'm sure a lot of them have talked about one day playing together. They also just had harmless dinners together as friends. These days everything is just under a microscope with social media.

If the Pelicans want to keep AD, they sure aren't showing it. Cousins and Rondo should have been re-signed. Cousins is easily a top 5 center in the league and Rondo was key for them last season. Now they are in this limbo state where they can't really win any games even when AD scores 32 and grabs 20 boards. AD wants to at least be in the hunt, not missing the playoffs every other year.

Trade for Wall or Beal, or another star. Holiday is good, just doesn't get them over the hump obviously. They need to show AD they are willing to go all win to become a contender and as it is, at lot of the moves they have made are just playing too safe to try and maybe squeeze in to the playoffs and at best lose in the first round. If they keep doing that then he should demand a trade. This reminds me more of the Wolves and KG, where he was tired of losing and ended up moving to Boston to win.

Oh and if the Lakers play their cards right, they can actually get 3 stars, meaning AD would still have a partner in crime after LeBron hangs it up.

Sent from my SM-G935T using RealGM mobile app
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,696

Post#12 » by ccvle » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:28 pm

the_process wrote:AD realizes his legacy will be "LeBron's b****" if he joins LA, right? And he won't even be guaranteed a title if Durant stays in GS.

No body knows how AD's legacy will turn out to be. No you. not me. Everyone said Lebron was
going to be remembered as wade's Robin. We all know how that turned out.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#13 » by streets talking » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:55 pm

Last time kobe needed a big star to get a ring
The lakers traded for pau gasol and gasol gave them 2 championships
After that, when the triangle offense wasnt working anymore
They treated gasol like a scapegoat and got rif of him like his career was over
But next on the bulls gasol was averaging 20pts 10rebs with d.rose
And the lakers dared to try to trade for marc gasol .. and marc gasol refused to play for the lakers bcuz of the way they treated his brother and almost pushed pau to retirement

Then d12 was another disaster .. now goodluck davis if u cant keep bringing rings forever
Cause gasol got crucified once he failed to get a 3rd ring to their franchise player
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#14 » by cheese318 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:Right now his legacy is that he is a top player that refuses to give up on the team that gave him his chance. That is an honourable legacy, although without a title, sure.

Can we confirm that KD just as pathetic if not then I don’t get what the garbage you are spewing here. LeBron went to LAL to play with not one all star at this present time. If KD does that in NYK and were to court 2-3 all star the following year you would praise him for it. I just think you are so bitter towards LeBron and praise KD for the exact same thing which is very hypocritical. You have your opinion so I won’t argue with you but if you say one thing towards someone how isn’t KD pathetic for joining a 73 win team that he blew a 3-1 lead to in the WCF.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by cheese318 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:10 pm

LukasBMW wrote:

Agree 100%.

This is tampering on a whole new level.

And no honorable player from the 70's, 80's or 90's would have tried to recruit the enemy. Imagine the bad boy pistons trying to recruit Jordan or Magic trying to recruit Bird.

Draymond Green was known to be texting and talking to KD all season when he was about to be a free agent. Stop crying about the past when the supposed “greatest team ever” started this behavior
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#16 » by tigerae » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:12 pm

streets talking wrote:Last time kobe needed a big star to get a ring
The lakers traded for pau gasol and gasol gave them 2 championships
After that, when the triangle offense wasnt working anymore
They treated gasol like a scapegoat and got rif of him like his career was over
But next on the bulls gasol was averaging 20pts 10rebs with d.rose
And the lakers dared to try to trade for marc gasol .. and marc gasol refused to play for the lakers bcuz of the way they treated his brother and almost pushed pau to retirement

Then d12 was another disaster .. now goodluck davis if u cant keep bringing rings forever
Cause gasol got crucified once he failed to get a 3rd ring to their franchise player
You have to remember who was running the team with the whole Gasol and D12 crazyness. I mean they picked DAntoni over Phil Jackson when DAntoni doesn't know how to use the post and the team had Pau and Dwight. Look at how they pitched LA to LA. Jimmy Buss had no idea how to run a team.

Sent from my SM-G935T using RealGM mobile app
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by cheese318 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:13 pm

the_process wrote:AD realizes his legacy will be "LeBron's b****" if he joins LA, right? And he won't even be guaranteed a title if Durant stays in GS.

What a joke.... aren’t you a 76ers fan? Good show of support
Hoopzilla wrote:
the_process
RealGM

Post#18 » by the_process » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:00 am

ccvle wrote:

No body knows how AD's legacy will turn out to be. No you. not me. Everyone said Lebron was
going to be remembered as wade's Robin. We all know how that turned out.

That's because LeBron went back to CLE and won a ring.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,044

Post#19 » by Lalouie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:05 am

seriously,,,,who cares.

is there a tmz.realgm that i don't know about?
the_process
RealGM

Post#20 » by the_process » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:06 am

cheese318 wrote:

What a joke.... aren’t you a 76ers fan? Good show of support

What in the world are you talking about?

Return to Wiretap Discussion