Post#21 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:22 pm

Kid is a clown.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Soulcatcher33
Veteran
And1: 2,758

Re: Andrew Wiggins Gets Booed At Home, Criticizes Fans 

Post#22 » by Soulcatcher33 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:24 pm

njknicks wrote:2 seasons ago Wiggins was a near 24ppg scorer ... fast forward today he is being made out to be the scapegoat for all of Minnesota's failings

Please. That was the emptiest 24ppg the league has ever seen. He had no actual positive impact.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#23 » by streets talking » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Andrew wiggins is the wirst comparison of michael jordan ever!
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#24 » by gordoncatrell » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:56 pm

streets talking wrote:Andrew wiggins is the wirst comparison of michael jordan ever!

Harold Miner says hello
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#25 » by GordanFreeman » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:08 pm

He should use this as fuel to improve and become a hungrier player, not bitch about "****" fans. He's the most lackadaisical player I've watched this year.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,901

Post#26 » by AirP. » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:35 pm

njknicks wrote:2 seasons ago Wiggins was a near 24ppg scorer ... fast forward today he is being made out to be the scapegoat for all of Minnesota's failings.

Meanwhile KAT, the so-called franchise player, is never held accountable for his complete lack of defense and being completely exposed in the playoffs ( courtesy Capela ). KAT was drafted by Minnesota, Wiggins was not ( acquired in a draft day deal for Kevin Love ).

If there is anyone to blame or boo - it is Tom Thibodeau : defacto GM / Coach / Pres of the Wolves.

Thibs accomplishments :
1) Trading for Jimmy Butler for a young talented core of Laurie M. (7th pick ) / Lavine / Kris Dunn
2) Caving into Jimmy Butler's trade demands 1 and half seasons later for Covington / Saric / Bayless / draft pick ( 2nd round )
3) Starting Derrick Rose ( reclamation project ) immediately instead of existing pg Jeff Teague / Tyus Jones

Clearly the boos need to be directed elsewhere.

1. Had Taylor(owner) not taken Wiggins off the trade block, Thibs would have traded Wiggins and Dunn for Butler, but since Wiggins was taken off the block, LaVine was allowed to be traded(Taylor wanted to make the playoffs and LaVine was going to be out half the year) and they had to swap draft picks to get it done. If it were up to Thibs, Minnesota would have had Butler, LaVine and Markkanen instead of Butler, Wiggins and Patton. That right there was a huge blow to the franchise which was created by an owner not allowing his FO to make a basketball decision.

2. Butler mention during the R. Nichols interview that things could still be fixed and I'd guess Thibs would have done what was needed to keep Butler but maybe someone(owner) wouldn't allow the change to happen. We do know Butler is still good with Thibs, he mentioned that as a 76er. A small market team SHOULD ALWAYS try to keep top level talent(unless they've decided to rebuild) because it's hard for those teams to acquire that type of talent.

3. D.Rose only starts when Teague is out and Rose is much better then Tyus Jones. Taylor was against Rose being signed as a minimum vet because he wanted a 3&d or wing defender(both would have been nice to get) but the best player available was Rose and he had to be convinced to allow him to be signed for the vet minimum.

The problem for the franchise is the owner. The only constant in their ~15 years of being bad. Try to convince me that after Taylor took Wiggins out of being traded for Butler he didn't do the same thing when Irving said he wanted to go to Minnesota. It wasn't Thibodeau going to the media saying he had a max contract waiting for Wiggins... it was Glen Taylor.

BTW... Wiggins put up under 23 ppg and it was with average efficiency even though he had the green light to shoot whenever he wanted, yet Towns put up bigger numbers and was HIGHLY efficient while also grabbing a ton of rebounds. Towns may not be perfect, but he's WAY better then Wiggins.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#27 » by Phystic » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:41 pm

shadrock wrote:Get paid like a superstar, you better **** well play like one. This kid is gutless and a little bitch on the court. He can get ****.

Why should he get booed because the Wolves overpaid him? Was he supposed to say " No, No, No, that's too much. I shouldn't get that much money"?

Fans should be booing the team for giving him that contract.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#28 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Popsicle1228 wrote:
IWishIWasHarden wrote:
tribulations wrote:I'm not an advocate for booing my own team/players but if you're going to earn the kind of bread that keeps your team's cap (and winning aspirations) hostage, you better accept the expectations that come with it.

All you do is pay premiums that make the owner richer and the working class poorer. One would assume from a business perspective, you're fairly clueless if you're a fan.

Who are you referring to as “the working class poor” in this scenario?

Everyone here. And I said "poorer" not "poor."
AirP.
RealGM

Post#29 » by AirP. » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Phystic wrote:
shadrock wrote:Get paid like a superstar, you better **** well play like one. This kid is gutless and a little bitch on the court. He can get ****.

Why should he get booed because the Wolves overpaid him? Was he supposed to say " No, No, No, that's too much. I shouldn't get that much money"?

(I do agree with the owner shouldn't of went to the media to beg for Wiggins to sign the max either)

There is this....
Andrew Wiggins told @BenGolliver he's worth 'nothing less' than a max contract
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by Phystic » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:14 pm

AirP. wrote:
Phystic wrote:

(I do agree with the owner shouldn't of went to the media to beg for Wiggins to sign the max either)

There is this....

Ya but again, what's he supposed to say? When you look for a raise don't you go in high and try to get as much as possible? And you consider the hype train that surrounded Wiggins early in his career and of course he thought/said that. It's squarely on the Team to make that decision. And they're the ones that chose to offer him that money. I mean the Minnesota Front Office hasn't been known to make the best decisions. And then you got Thibs poor decision making. Sure you can boo Wiggins for not living up to his potential, but his contract isn't on him.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#31 » by AirP. » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Phystic wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Phystic wrote:

There is this....

Ya but again, what's he supposed to say? When you look for a raise don't you go in high and try to get as much as possible? And you consider the hype train that surrounded Wiggins early in his career and of course he thought/said that. It's squarely on the Team to make that decision. And they're the ones that chose to offer him that money. I mean the Minnesota Front Office hasn't been known to make the best decisions. And then you got Thibs poor decision making. Sure you can boo Wiggins for not living up to his potential, but his contract isn't on him.

If it were up to Thibs he'd be running out Teague, LaVine, Butler, Markkannan and Towns as his staring 5 this year, but once again Glen Taylor stepped in and screwed up that.

Sure, Wiggins could say he's taking nothing less then the max, that's fine, he said he's WORTH nothing less then the max. I don't subscribe to being worth what someone's willing to give you, he played a bad owner and won, much like many GMs tried to do when Butler wanted out.

The big thing, Wiggins didn't have to call part of the fanbase a bad word. He's not the one who's went through 1 1/2 decades of bad times in hopes this #1 overall pick that was given the max would be one of the better players in the league. Who knows, maybe this helps him get moved which would help the team greatly.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#32 » by macNcheese3 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 pm

Well your a **** player man
Gang of Four
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#33 » by Gang of Four » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:07 pm

5 for 12 at the free throw line is kinda pathetic but booing a 75% free throw shooter for having one bad free throw shooting night is kinda pathetic too.

Code: Select all

001011010010110100101110001000000010111000101101001000000010110100101110001000000010110100101101001011100010000000101111001011010010110100101101001000000010111000101110001011010010111000100000001011110010111000101110001011100010111000101101
Popsicle1228
Junior
And1: 326

Post#34 » by Popsicle1228 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:43 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:
Popsicle1228 wrote:
IWishIWasHarden wrote:
All you do is pay premiums that make the owner richer and the working class poorer. One would assume from a business perspective, you're fairly clueless if you're a fan.

Who are you referring to as “the working class poor” in this scenario?

Everyone here. And I said "poorer" not "poor."

In that case I apologize for the paraphrase. In the context of my question “poorer” didn’t make any sense so I wrote poor.

That said, I am still a bit confused as to your original intent when quoting tribulations. Are you saying that fans are clueless when it comes to the business?
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by Phystic » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:21 pm

AirP. wrote:
Phystic wrote:
AirP. wrote:(I do agree with the owner shouldn't of went to the media to beg for Wiggins to sign the max either)

There is this....

If it were up to Thibs he'd be running out Teague, LaVine, Butler, Markkannan and Towns as his staring 5 this year, but once again Glen Taylor stepped in and screwed up that.

Sure, Wiggins could say he's taking nothing less then the max, that's fine, he said he's WORTH nothing less then the max. I don't subscribe to being worth what someone's willing to give you, he played a bad owner and won, much like many GMs tried to do when Butler wanted out.

The big thing, Wiggins didn't have to call part of the fanbase a bad word. He's not the one who's went through 1 1/2 decades of bad times in hopes this #1 overall pick that was given the max would be one of the better players in the league. Who knows, maybe this helps him get moved which would help the team greatly.

Sure but Thibs still played a role in the make up of the current team and then is obviously the Coach making the decisions.

Sure, but again what is Wiggins supposed to say? "I don't think I'm a max player but I will only take Max" Players of course are going to say/believe that. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's like going into your Boss's office and saying you think you're worth twice what you make. Doesn't matter if it's true or not, it's fair for you to go for it.

I agree it was a bad move by Wiggins to respond to the boos that way. That will come back to bite him and I wouldn't be surprised to see an apology come out soon. Wiggins just isn't a hungry enough player to realize the potential he has. He's got the potential to be a difference maker like a Giannis or Embiid as far as both sides of the court. He just doesn't have the drive to actually reach that level.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#36 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:31 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:Well your a **** player man

They are actually booing the contract, not the player. If his salary matched his performance ($10-12M) nobody would give him a second thought. As it stands, he's the highest paid player on a struggling team. He's taking flak that should be directed at the Thibs.
BallDontLie_
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#37 » by BallDontLie_ » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:58 pm

gordoncatrell wrote:
streets talking wrote:Andrew wiggins is the wirst comparison of michael jordan ever!

Harold Miner says hello

Deshawn Stevenson wants in on this convo
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#38 » by gordoncatrell » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:28 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:

They are actually booing the contract, not the player. If his salary matched his performance ($10-12M) nobody would give him a second thought. As it stands, he's the highest paid player on a struggling team. He's taking flak that should be directed at the Thibs.

Succinct...
+1
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#39 » by SamFlow » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:11 am

Steve Francis agrees 100% with wiggins. It's all the fans fault he wasn't a winner.
BigDaddyJungle
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#40 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:28 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:

He deserves the Flack as much as anyone else.

Return to Wiretap Discussion