Russell Westbrook Takes Blame For Oklahoma City's Struggles

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Russell Westbrook Takes Blame For Oklahoma City's Struggles 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Russell Westbrook admitted he's been letting down his Oklahoma City Thunder teammates with too much frequency.

"I've just got to do a better job, man," Westbrook said.

"It's really on me. I've been s--- the last month or so. I've just got to get focused in and locked back in on what I need to do. I've got to help my guys out. I've been letting them down, man, just not being consistent on the offensive end.

"Defensively, I'm fine, but just being more consistent, because I pride myself on being the most consistent player in the league. I come out every night and compete, play hard and all that stuff. Missing and making shots is a part of the game, but I've got to do a better job, and that's on me. I'm going to definitely do that, so I'm not really worried. We play tomorrow, and I'll be better from then on. It's on me."

The Thunder have lost three out of their past four games.

Via Royce Young/ESPN

gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Re: Russell Westbrook Takes Blame For Oklahoma City's Struggles 

Post#2 » by gordoncatrell » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:42 pm

Hes a step slow, heavier, and less bouncy...
His quicktwitch is no longer top 3 in the league...
Hes no longer finishing above the defender/rim consistently and his legs are out-of-shape hence the horrid shooting.

He better take nutrition seriously or his game will decline quickly with age.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:09 pm

gordoncatrell wrote:Hes a step slow, heavier, and less bouncy...
Hes no longer finishing above the defender/rim consistently and his legs are out-of-shape hence the horrid shooting.

Westbricke as aforenamed has always been a poor shooter so your points are ridicolous... Why he takes the last shot of the game is beyond me he only has end of game winners because he takes so many..
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#4 » by gordoncatrell » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:05 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:Hes a step slow, heavier, and less bouncy...

Westbricke as aforenamed has always been a poor shooter so your points are ridicolous... Why he takes the last shot of the game is beyond me he only has end of game winners because he takes so many..

What is my point?

I'm stating that his freakish athleticism is in decline + he showed up out of shape (relative to his standard).
Quicktwitch + slight + explosive is his game. If you put 2/3s of that equation at risk; the results are predictable.
Pretty simple right...
Are u suggesting that I'm characterizing Russ as a Klay-ish knockdown shooter but now hes a brickmaker?

Return to Wiretap Discussion