Chandler Parsons Healthy, Frustrated By Lack Of Communication With Grizzlies

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Chandler Parsons Healthy, Frustrated By Lack Of Communication With Grizzlies 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 1, 2019 7:35 pm

Chandler Parsons expressed his frustration with team executives and said he was "dying to play" after getting medically cleared to return from a knee injury. 

The Grizzlies plan on keeping Parsons as a healthy inactive for the foreseeable future. 

“I’m medically cleared by the people I work with every single day, that are experts at this kind of stuff, so it’s frustrating to watch a team struggle and I’m sitting there on the bench healthy, dying to play,” said Parsons. 

Parsons also blamed a lack of communication with general manager Chris Wallace. He has one year remaining on a four-year max contract he signed in 2016. 

“It’s just been a very unorganized schedule and still, to this day, there’s no set plan of when I’m going to return to play or anything like that. No communication. No nothing. I don’t think it’s from a basketball standpoint. It’s definitely not from a health standpoint. I’ve been cleared by the medical staff of our organization, and clearly it’s not about fitting. I already earned a starting spot out of training camp and have shown I can fit with the team. I think the confusion for me is there’s no communication about what’s going on and when I’m going to play,” added Parsons.

J.B. Bickerstaff stated he had “nothing to say" about whether Parsons would return to the floor for the Grizzlies. 

Via Mark Giannotto/Memphis Commercial Appeal

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,897

Re: Chandler Parsons Healthy, Frustrated By Lack Of Communication With Grizzlies 

Post#2 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jan 1, 2019 8:53 pm

So who will they trade him to?
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Re: Chandler Parsons Healthy, Frustrated By Lack Of Communication With Grizzlies 

Post#3 » by MrOrange » Tue Jan 1, 2019 9:01 pm

basketboule wrote:So who will they trade him to?

Nobody
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#4 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Jan 1, 2019 9:06 pm

I'm sure MEM has his correct mailing address, I'm sure he still cashes his unearned no-show paycheck.

Get in shape.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Tue Jan 1, 2019 10:41 pm

These guys, JR Smith is another, can always offer to walk away from their contracts if they’re frustrated that it’s impossible to trade them. But they never do...
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
TomShoe
Junior
And1: 619

Post#6 » by TomShoe » Tue Jan 1, 2019 11:03 pm

Your contract is the big stone holding the Grizzlies back.

If you really want to play, why don't you walk away and sign with another team who'll promise to play you?

*crickets*
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,570

Post#7 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Jan 1, 2019 11:06 pm

For all of parsons' real and perceived faults, this is a terrible look for the grizzlies. If they're smart they come out with a statement tomorrow with some level of transparency. Morey did it with melo. It's not that difficult.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#8 » by Cookin Baskets » Tue Jan 1, 2019 11:08 pm

Grizzlies sound stupid here, just play him or buy him out.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,369

Post#9 » by WiggOuts » Tue Jan 1, 2019 11:25 pm

I think I know what's going on here and if so I applaud the grizz. Since this guy is clearly a thief, beat him at his own game. I bet if he plays hell look great and fool some other team into giving him another contract when the grizz got NOTHING out of the max they paid him. Dont give him another chance to do this to another team. If his time missed was honest then maybe they treat him honestly but reports have stated that he has other focuses on life and getting healthy wasn't a top priority. Fight fire with fire. Dont play him and make an example outta him. If he wants to take all that money while giving no return, dont give him a platform to do it again.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#10 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Jan 1, 2019 11:43 pm

DeOgar wrote:Grizzlies sound stupid here, just play him or buy him out.

If Parsons really is healthy and wants to play and the team does not want him he should agree to alter that final year of his deal to make in a partial Guarantee say $5 million. Then the Griz could trade him. But no team is gonna take that guy with his injury history with that fully guaranteed $25.1 million final year. Make it $5 million, if they can offer him in trade with $5 million in cash and other incentive, maybe someone bites.

If they buy him out, unless he gives up a large part of his final year it costs the Griz more than $8 million per year to stretch it for 3 years and that is dead money.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,990

Post#11 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Jan 1, 2019 11:45 pm

TomShoe wrote:Your contract is the big stone holding the Grizzlies back.

If you really want to play, why don't you walk away and sign with another team who'll promise to play you?

*crickets*

Or how about, the Grizzlies honor the contract they gave Parsons? Or release him if they don't want to play him? Or at the least, communicate with him?

Won't be able to work on a buyout or solution if they won't even talk to him.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,853

Post#12 » by inquisitive » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:26 am

Grizz strategy is to not play him and hope he gets frustrated enough to ask for a buyout that favors the Grizz money wise on that last yr deal.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#13 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:29 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

*crickets*

Or how about, the Grizzlies honor the contract they gave Parsons? Or release him if they don't want to play him? Or at the least, communicate with him?

I don't think Parsons should waive his entire contract and walk away. IDK if the players union would even allow that. But like I said in my post in this thread if he wants out of Memphis he could do what Ty Lawson did to get out of Houston a few years ago. He made his final year non-guaranteed, Ryan Anderson did give up part of his final year to get moved but it was a smaller discount than Lawson.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,990

Post#14 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:31 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

*crickets*

I don't think Parsons should waive his entire contract and walk away. IDK if the players union would even allow that. But like I said in my post in this thread if he wants out of Memphis he could do what Ty Lawson did to get out of Houston a few years ago. He made his final year non-guaranteed, Ryan Anderson did give up part of his final year to get moved but it was a smaller discount than Lawson.

I hear that, but the first step is communication and the Grizzlies don't seem to be doing that. If they would tell him, they aren't playing him anymore, then he and them could work on a way to part ways.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:43 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:Or how about, the Grizzlies honor the contract they gave Parsons? Or release him if they don't want to play him? Or at the least, communicate with him?

I hear that, but the first step is communication and the Grizzlies don't seem to be doing that. If they would tell him, they aren't playing him anymore, then he and them could work on a way to part ways.

Sometimes the first step in hard ball negotiations is to cut off all lines of communications.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#16 » by BarneyGumble » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:55 am

Parsons is a bum
Adam Stern
Sixth Man
And1: 1,767

Post#17 » by Adam Stern » Wed Jan 2, 2019 1:35 am

Things always tend to end ugly wherever this guy goes.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#18 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Jan 2, 2019 1:53 am

It's hard for me to gauge just how intelligent other people are at times.

I assume Chandler is aware that the Grizzlies are tanking and he has said this so he has some value later in his career.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 366

Post#19 » by dan-man » Wed Jan 2, 2019 2:35 am

Grizz seem to be instigating a toxic situation. Not sure what the up-side is.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#20 » by colaroaster » Wed Jan 2, 2019 2:57 am

maybe the grizz don't want to tank - when they do begin tanking he'll see time and play week, get hurt and return to the IR

Return to Wiretap Discussion