Gordon Hayward Scores Season-High 35 Points, Regaining Lateral Movement

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Gordon Hayward Scores Season-High 35 Points, Regaining Lateral Movement 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 3, 2019 7:41 am

Gordon Hayward scored a season-high 35 points on 14-18 shooting as the Boston Celtics beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 113-102.

It was the most points by a Celtics reserve player since Ricky Davis scored 36 points in 2005.

Hayward also had three dunks in the game after not attempting more than one dunk in a game all season.

“I think it’s slowly getting there. Like, I think my lateral movement, it’s so much better since the beginning of the season. But I think that’s pretty close to where it was. I think vertically I still have a little ways to go. My ankle is a little sore right now. But I think in April and May it’ll be better than it is right now. I’m still doing stuff for my ankle every day, trying to get it better ... it’s the nature of the injury. It’s getting better," added Hayward.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Re: Gordon Hayward Scores Season-High 35 Points, Regaining Lateral Movement 

Post#2 » by rusoopE » Thu Jan 3, 2019 10:05 am

good for him! keep it up gordon!
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Thu Jan 3, 2019 6:21 pm

The surprising part is for the first part of the game he looked like a lifeless mouse standing in the corner and even out of bounds at times. Then he took an alpha pill and became the man. Nice to see.
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#4 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Fri Jan 4, 2019 2:32 pm

Honestly as good as he was in that game, he’s still not Hayward. I don’t think he’s going to get where he needs to be until next season tbh. Expect him to get worse before he gets better. He’s overworking himself too soon

Return to Wiretap Discussion