Bol Bol Out With Season-Ending Foot Injury, Will Prepare For NBA Draft

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Bol Bol Out With Season-Ending Foot Injury, Will Prepare For NBA Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 4, 2019 1:42 am

Oregon center Bol Bol underwent surgery to repair a fracture in his left foot. He is out for the college season, and will resume basketball activities in 8-10 weeks.

He is expected to enter the 2019 NBA draft. Bol averaged 21.0 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.7 blocks on the season, including shooting 52% from the 3-point line.

The 7-foot-2 Bol is currently ranked #5 in the 2019 draft by ESPN, and is the top-ranked center. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

BasketballJunky
Sophomore
And1: 15

Re: Bol Bol Out With Season-Ending Foot Injury, Will Prepare For NBA Draft 

Post#2 » by BasketballJunky » Fri Jan 4, 2019 2:30 am

Greg Oden , better yet his dad. 5 year career max.
isucb
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#3 » by isucb » Fri Jan 4, 2019 2:34 am

Agreed he just doesnt have the body to play in the league long and not sure his build can add much more muscle. Definitely pulling for him as I was a fan of Manute but only way he lasts is as a 10 min spot up shooter.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#4 » by BigTex » Fri Jan 4, 2019 2:39 am

BasketballJunky wrote:Greg Oden , better yet his dad. 5 year career max.

Same size as Sam Bowie. Injuries start one year earlier. Got to make NBA teams nervous. And speaking of “Nervous,” that probably reminds them of Pervis “Never Nervous/Out of Service” Ellison. Bad vibes all around.
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#5 » by pootbrah » Fri Jan 4, 2019 3:21 am

Jesus relax guys on the comments. This is his first major injury from my knowledge. Foot stress fractures are common things in basketball players of all shapes and sizes. Pretty premature to write him off based off this given all the promise he has shown to be a bonafide stud

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#6 » by streets talking » Fri Jan 4, 2019 5:33 am

Hawks or cavs gonna have bol bol at number1 and zion at nunmber2
Factorq
Sophomore
And1: 333

Post#7 » by Factorq » Fri Jan 4, 2019 11:18 am

pootbrah wrote:Jesus relax guys on the comments. This is his first major injury from my knowledge. Foot stress fractures are common things in basketball players of all shapes and sizes. Pretty premature to write him off based off this given all the promise he has shown to be a bonafide stud

It's fairly logical to be concerned about an injury like this. 7'2" player who just turned nineteen is already having a surgery. It may be his only major injury, but history tells us it will be far from his last.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#8 » by tribulations » Fri Jan 4, 2019 11:47 am

Should see draft stock slip to at least end of lottery.

Picking this guy in the top 5 in anything other than a rookie year red shirt strategy would be brave.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#9 » by BigTex » Fri Jan 4, 2019 7:58 pm

pootbrah wrote:Jesus relax guys on the comments. This is his first major injury from my knowledge. Foot stress fractures are common things in basketball players of all shapes and sizes. Pretty premature to write him off based off this given all the promise he has shown to be a bonafide stud

Sam Bowie’s foot injury when he was a sophmore was his first one, too. We have neither the time nor space to come up with a complete list of NBA big men who had once promising careers cut short by foot injuries. It’s just a huge concern fir any player that size. A significant percentage will just have careers cut short. It’s a fact of NBA life.

Return to Wiretap Discussion