Knicks, Kings Discussing Enes Kanter For Zach Randolph Trade

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Knicks, Kings Discussing Enes Kanter For Zach Randolph Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 9, 2019 3:57 pm

The New York Knicks and Sacramento Kings are discussing a trade centered around Enes Kanter for Zach Randolph.

Both Kanter and Randolph are on expiring contracts.

Kanter's minutes have recently been reduced as the Knicks focus on youth development.

Nothing appears imminent at this time.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

ontnut
RealGM
And1: 7,987

Re: Knicks, Kings Discussing Enes Kanter For Zach Randolph Trade 

Post#2 » by ontnut » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:00 pm

Knicks are gonna Knick.
bockingknickers
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#3 » by bockingknickers » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:28 pm

Trade him before he gets good, get him back when he’s old. I still like the trade to mentor the young’s without wanting to play and gets his check.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#4 » by streets talking » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:35 pm

Trade to LA for zubac svy bonga wagner
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,635

Post#5 » by ChuckChilly » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:46 pm

This guy looks like he will never have to worry about going bald. So lucky.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#6 » by gdog2004 » Wed Jan 9, 2019 4:47 pm

I would take Kanter as Embiids backup in a heartbeat. Send a few 2nd round picks their way and get it done Elton!
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#7 » by nedleeds » Wed Jan 9, 2019 5:43 pm

Just release him. Nobody sane is giving up anything for Kanter he's awful.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#8 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Jan 9, 2019 5:49 pm

ChuckChilly wrote:This guy looks like he will never have to worry about going bald. So lucky.

He's in his mid twenties.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#9 » by Barcs » Wed Jan 9, 2019 6:26 pm

Zac Randolph? That's a guy the Knicks should have never traded the first time. Typical to bring him back in after he's over the hill. Kanter is good offensively but sucks on defense.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Raptors Realtor
Veteran
And1: 2,851

Post#10 » by Raptors Realtor » Wed Jan 9, 2019 6:43 pm

Two teams with no clear objective... Kings trying to add to their already crowded front court where there's already not enough minutes to develop guys like Bagley, Skal & Giles... and the Knicks will deal one of their more talented players (obviously they lack talent) for Randolph - a beyond his prime big.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#11 » by basketballRob » Wed Jan 9, 2019 6:47 pm

I'd like to see the Magic go after Randolph.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#12 » by John Murdoch » Wed Jan 9, 2019 7:33 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:
ChuckChilly wrote:This guy looks like he will never have to worry about going bald. So lucky.

Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,635

Post#13 » by ChuckChilly » Wed Jan 9, 2019 7:48 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:

His hairline is practically touching his eyebrows. Usually people with that low of a hairline never go bald.

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,546

Post#14 » by Psubs » Wed Jan 9, 2019 7:55 pm

Raptors Realtor wrote:Two teams with no clear objective... Kings trying to add to their already crowded front court where there's already not enough minutes to develop guys like Bagley, Skal & Giles... and the Knicks will deal one of their more talented players (obviously they lack talent) for Randolph - a beyond his prime big.

It would be Kanter for ZBo, Skal and Giles.
D3ko
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#15 » by D3ko » Wed Jan 9, 2019 8:03 pm

Psubs wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:Two teams with no clear objective... Kings trying to add to their already crowded front court where there's already not enough minutes to develop guys like Bagley, Skal & Giles... and the Knicks will deal one of their more talented players (obviously they lack talent) for Randolph - a beyond his prime big.

And a motorbike , two cows and a goat....

Giles is as valuable as Knox , even more in my opinion, a volume scorer wing is more usual than a strech 5 with that kind of passing skills.

Kings are missing rebound and they could bring one of the best rebounders of the league at a such a cheap price, that they should do it tonight.

Kanter + 2º round X Zbo, Skal
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#16 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jan 9, 2019 9:12 pm

Barcs wrote:Zac Randolph? That's a guy the Knicks should have never traded the first time. Typical to bring him back in after he's over the hill. Kanter is good offensively but sucks on defense.

Kanter is a poor defender, but a 20/20 threat with great percents and good passing. I like him a lot.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#17 » by Barcs » Wed Jan 9, 2019 9:31 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Barcs wrote:Zac Randolph? That's a guy the Knicks should have never traded the first time. Typical to bring him back in after he's over the hill. Kanter is good offensively but sucks on defense.

Kanter is a poor defender, but a 20/20 threat with great percents and good passing. I like him a lot.

I like him as well, but he's a liability in the clutch. He's a great #2 center, though, just not worth the price, IMO. I really think the Knicks should be looking to trade him for picks in the upcoming draft or young prospects rather than over the hill guys.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Raptors Realtor
Veteran
And1: 2,851

Post#18 » by Raptors Realtor » Wed Jan 9, 2019 10:28 pm

Psubs wrote:

If that's the case, it's a no brainer for the Knicks... Giles is going to be good if he gets consistent minutes.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#19 » by zero24gravity » Wed Jan 9, 2019 11:46 pm

I can't wrap my head around why ANYONE would want Kanter. Yes, he has some skills, but his negatives FAR outweigh the positives. Even on a horrible Knicks team he sticks out like a sore-thumb with his negative impact. That's hard to do!
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#20 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:47 am

zero24gravity wrote:I can't wrap my head around why ANYONE would want Kanter. Yes, he has some skills, but his negatives FAR outweigh the positives. Even on a horrible Knicks team he sticks out like a sore-thumb with his negative impact. That's hard to do!

Kanter is third on the Knicks in eDiff at +6.2 and one of only four players that have a positive eDiff. The team as a whole is -8.4 and the two guys ahead of him are Mitchell Robinson and Luke Kornet. He is 4th in usage and is the only player in the top 7 in usage that has a positive eDiff.

Why do I keep talking about eDiff?... because Kanter is not a negative. He is one of the few positive players the Knicks have. He is also #1 in PER, #1 in Win Shares, #3 in True Shooting %, I don't think you need me to bring up rebounding.They are not trying to sit him because he sucks. They want to sit him because he in not in their long term plans and they are trying to lose. They want lottery balls.

Don't get it twisted. I am not saying Kanter is a great player. I am saying that none of the (healthy) Knicks are great players. As sad as it may seem, Kanter may be the closest thing to a good player that the Knicks currently have.

And you ask why anyone would want him. Well, if a team can get a player averaging 14/11 on good efficiency for a player that hasn't suited up all year... why should I need to finish that thought?

A better question would be, why would anyone be OK with their team trading even an OK player for a player they will likely release with the the end goal being more "L's"? Knicks fans (like all fans of tanking teams) should be nauseous at the thought.

Return to Wiretap Discussion