Grizzlies Prefer To Close Out First Round Pick Obligation To Celtics This Season

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Grizzlies Prefer To Close Out First Round Pick Obligation To Celtics This Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:02 am

The Memphis Grizzlies owe a protected first round pick to the Boston Celtics, which conveys if is outside the top-8 in 2019 and the top-6 in 2020 before becoming unprotected in 2021.

The Grizzlies' future is uncertain as Marc Gasol and Mike Conley Jr. get older.

"I think Memphis would rather get this obligation over with and give the Celtics the 10th pick in this draft then roll it over when the protections get even lighter and maybe Gasol leaves, maybe Conley is a year older," said Zach Lowe on The Bill Simmons Podcast.

"Memphis, according to everyone I've talked to, would rather get it over with now unless they spiral so badly."

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Re: Grizzlies Prefer To Close Out First Round Pick Obligation To Celtics This Season 

Post#2 » by nedleeds » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 am

That pic!
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: Grizzlies Prefer To Close Out First Round Pick Obligation To Celtics This Season 

Post#3 » by Tiny ball » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:20 am

Celtics not really want the pic this year.

Return to Wiretap Discussion