Anthony Davis Hasn't Held Substantial Talks On Future Plans With Rich Paul

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Anthony Davis Hasn't Held Substantial Talks On Future Plans With Rich Paul 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:21 am

While the future of Anthony Davis with the New Orleans Pelicans is uncertain, he has yet to discuss it internally with his agent.

Davis can sign a supermax free agent this offseason.

"Rich Paul, Anthony Davis' agent, told me they have not had any real substantial discussions about Anthony's future in New Orleans with the Pelicans," said Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN's NBA Countdown on Wednesday. "Anthony's focus has been on.. the playoff picture. There's no promises about his future beyond the trade deadline. It's safe to say right now, I think he'll be there beyond the trade deadline. 

"New Orleans does not want to trade him. They will have to be forced into doing that."

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

jerry25
Ballboy
And1: 6

Re: Anthony Davis Hasn't Held Substantial Talks On Future Plans With Rich Paul 

Post#2 » by jerry25 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:59 am

Anthony Davis is as good guy and a "straight shooter".
There is ZERO chance of a trade before the deadline, no matter what the Media writes;

Even this summer, unless Davis makes public a desire to be traded, nothing will happen until closer to the 2020 trade deadline;
Some people say that if he doesn't immediately agree to sign a SuperMax contract in July, that he's gone. I don't agree.
He may want to give the Pelicans time to improve the team;

The issue about trading Davis is that Boston will lose all its 4 1st round picks in June, unless they can trade some of them for future picks; If they can pull that off, they would have a much better trade package than the Lakers could offer; Besides, the Lakers are always overconfident with their ability to sign someone in free agency. However, if the Lakers have to position their team again to have that much cap space for July 2020, then their team for 2019-2020 may not be good again. By 2020-2021, LeBron may be deep in decline besides more injuries; I'm not sure why Davis would want to sign on to a declining LeBron;
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:58 pm

jerry25 wrote:Anthony Davis is as good guy and a "straight shooter".
There is ZERO chance of a trade before the deadline, no matter what the Media writes;

Even this summer, unless Davis makes public a desire to be traded, nothing will happen until closer to the 2020 trade deadline;
Some people say that if he doesn't immediately agree to sign a SuperMax contract in July, that he's gone. I don't agree.

The issue about trading Davis is that Boston will lose all its 4 1st round picks in June, unless they can trade some of them for future picks; If they can pull that off, they would have a much better trade package than the Lakers could offer; Besides, the Lakers are always overconfident with their ability to sign someone in free agency. However, if the Lakers have to position their team again to have that much cap space for July 2020, then their team for 2019-2020 may not be good again. By 2020-2021, LeBron may be deep in decline besides more injuries; I'm not sure why Davis would want to sign on to a declining LeBron;

1. Your right Davis is not going anywhere this season.

2. He is definitely asking for a trade next season pelicans have no way of upgrading this roster meaningfully..

3. LBJ had one injury not known as a reoccurring one and looks after himself he will likely see out this 4 year contract at an extremely high level.

4. Davis is LA can easily win a title with LBJ and in basketball declines are not sharp but usually gradual and if LBJ has declined by the finals year well being in LA means it will be easier to get another free agent to sign with Davis and he will still be pretty much prime Davis..

5. LA market will have major sponsorship advantages for AD

6. It is still clear as day LBJ is the best player in the league.. He left the Cavs they resigned everyone tried to win and were total trash.. Lakers without him look equally trashy.. AD with Lebron come on its game set match.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#4 » by BigHustle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:48 pm

“No substantial discussions on future in NOR” but they probably have had substantial discussions about his future in LAL.

Another blatant shot from bronInc to force hands before the 2019 trade deadline so LAL isn’t bidding against BOS.

How much longer does Demps have in NOR?
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#5 » by Killboard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:3. LBJ had one injury not known as a reoccurring one and looks after himself he will likely see out this 4 year contract at an extremely high level.

4. Davis is LA can easily win a title with LBJ and in basketball declines are not sharp but usually gradual and if LBJ has declined by the finals year well being in LA means it will be easier to get another free agent to sign with Davis and he will still be pretty much prime Davis..

6. It is still clear as day LBJ is the best player in the league.. He left the Cavs they resigned everyone tried to win and were total trash.. Lakers without him look equally trashy.. AD with Lebron come on its game set match.

And why the Pelicans should proritize Davis interest to find a trade partner instead of his own organization?
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#6 » by gordoncatrell » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Hes gone.
This offseason is going to be electric - KD AD KL GA KP etc can all be had...
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#7 » by MegaK » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:00 pm

gordoncatrell wrote:Hes gone.

AD is under contract for at least another year so unless he demands a trade, Pelican ain't moving him.

Knicks will match or beat any offer thrown at KP. But we are talking about this Knicks, so anything is possible there.

Rest of the crop will still make it interesting, that's for sure. Also, I'm not sure that Kyrie Irving has signed a long term deal yet. I know he very publicly said he would but he's been talking crazy all over the media the last few weeks, so i don't know what is going to happen there now.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#8 » by Donnyxc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:

2. He is definitely asking for a trade next season pelicans have no way of upgrading this roster meaningfully..

3. LBJ had one injury not known as a reoccurring one and looks after himself he will likely see out this 4 year contract at an extremely high level.

All this talk about LA, you forget that New Orleans will be handling the dealing.

They won't want to trade to another Western Conference power. Who they will play multiple times a season. They will go with the best offer and an East coast team.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
jerry25
Ballboy

Post#9 » by jerry25 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:

As someone else wrote, New Orleans will never trade Davis to the Lakers, but rather to an Eastern Conference team, ONLY if Davis demands a trade this summer; Otherwise they will keep him closer to the 2020 trade deadline;

Once Davis goes to his new EC team, it would be unlikely that he leaves in free agency and also takes a pay cut; The team that trades for him (if that happens at all), will already be competitive in the East; Besides, if we get to the point where the Lakers have the cap space to sign Davis in July 2020, then the team would Suck in year 2 of Lebron (2019-2020); I don't think LeBron would want to surround himself with one year rentals again next season;

Again, it is my opinion that LeBron is aging faster than others, because of his body type (high testosterone). Besides already taking much longer to recover from injuries, than when he was younger, this aging LeBron will break down more often;
I don't see why Davis would want to play with this aging LeBron starting with the 2020-2021 season, when Davis would take the blame for LeBron's team not winning;

Not happening; Sorry Lakers fans;
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#10 » by hype_2004 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Lebron forcing Pelicans hands through Rich Paul. If this isn't a conflict of interest then what is it? The NBA has to investigate this ****, it's dirty as ****.
jerry25
Ballboy

Post#11 » by jerry25 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:59 pm

gordoncatrell wrote:Hes gone.

I studied past free agencies, and besides LeBron and KD, there has been very little movement of top free agents in July;
I don't expect any big moves this summer either;
I thought KD might move, but if he did, the Clippers in the West or Nets in the East, make the most sense, but that depends on what KD is trying to prove; I now think it is more likely that KD remains with Golden State;

AD of course isn't a free agent and wouldn't be traded if he doesn't demand a trade;

80% odds that Kawhi stays in Toronto, regardless of how well the Raptors finish the season; If he leaves, it would be to Clippers, but only if KD isn't also going there; Kawhi has his perfect situation in TOR, as his own team and lots of wins;

KP is restricted, so although someone might offer him a Max contract of only 27.25 M, the Knicks would be forced to match;

Who is GA?
Kemba Walker will definitely remain with Hornets and Michael Jordan;
Charlotte lets Kemba be a ball hog; The chemistry might not be so good elsewhere;
Butler will stay with Sixers once they offer him 190 M;

The summer will be boring, IMO;

Return to Wiretap Discussion