Kings Interested In Trading For Harrison Barnes

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kings Interested In Trading For Harrison Barnes 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:51 pm

The Sacramento Kings have interest in trading for Harrison Barnes.

Barnes future with the Dallas Mavericks is uncertain. Barnes has a player option for the 19-20 season worth $25.1 million.

"I know the Kings would love to have Harrison Barnes," said Brian Windhorst on the Hoop Collective podcast. "Whether or not that can work out? I don't know."

The Kings are making a push for the playoffs and do not own their first round pick, while the Mavericks have been a free fall and a have a top-5 protected pick.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

DrClutch
Junior
And1: 23

Re: Kings Interested In Trading For Harrison Barnes 

Post#2 » by DrClutch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Oh man Mark Cuban please do this trade & get Bodgan + Skal
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#3 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:23 pm

DrClutch wrote:Oh man Mark Cuban please do this trade & get Bodgan + Skal

You can have Skal but no chance we give up Bogdan for Barnes.
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,168

Post#4 » by Pelon chingon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:40 am

I call B.S. Every year the Kings are used in fake rumors.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#5 » by hyberx » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:44 am

After all these years, Barnes only proved that he wouldn't be the top option, nor even a great 2nd option, but likely a good 3rd option for a team.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#6 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:20 am

DrClutch wrote:Oh man Mark Cuban please do this trade & get Bodgan + Skal
Zbo and Skal is more like it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#7 » by TheCage4 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:33 am

Permanent wire tap headline: “Kings interested in everyone.”
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#8 » by tarantism » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:15 am

Makes no sense. Both of these teams need defense on the wing, not more scoring. Barnes isn't a good enough defender to move the needle for Sacramento. They need to be patient and develop Bagley to play the 4.

Looks to me like Dallas is looking to unload a scorer to achieve better offensive cohesion and put the ball in Lukas hands even more. This is smart, but I'm not buying the Barnes fit in Sacramento.

Sure does look like Barnes or DSJ will be moved by the deadline. Probably DSJ because HB fits better with Luka, plus some team in need of a primary ball handler will value DSJ highly.

Interesting stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#9 » by enderwilson » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:56 pm

tarantism wrote:Makes no sense. Both of these teams need defense on the wing, not more scoring. Barnes isn't a good enough defender to move the needle for Sacramento. They need to be patient and develop Bagley to play the 4.

Looks to me like Dallas is looking to unload a scorer to achieve better offensive cohesion and put the ball in Lukas hands even more. This is smart, but I'm not buying the Barnes fit in Sacramento.

Sure does look like Barnes or DSJ will be moved by the deadline. Probably DSJ because HB fits better with Luka, plus some team in need of a primary ball handler will value DSJ highly.

Interesting stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

It makes a little sense. The biggest hole in the King's rotation from a fan standpoint is at the 3 and Barnes would be a decent solution. While Shumpert has filled this role admirably, and Jackson is beginning to come into his own, this team is still looking for a player that will hold up to other small forwards around the league.

While I agree with your assessment that for the Kings a 3 and D player would be better than one whose game heavily leverages their offensive capabilities, sometimes a trade and change in scenery might be enough to motivate a player like Barnes to break the mold they've been stuck in. In Sac he won't be relied on to be the primary or even secondary scorer. It will be up to Joerger to get him to play in their system and learn how he can help the team as the wing they need him to be.

What Dallas will require in a trade that we'd be willing to part with is another question.

Return to Wiretap Discussion