Pelicans Want Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, 1st Round Pick For Anthony Davis

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Pelicans Want Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, 1st Round Pick For Anthony Davis 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:42 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers would have to start with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a 1st round pick in a potential deal for Anthony Davis, said a source close to the deal.

Davis' agent Rich Paul stated that Davis has asked for a trade from the Pelicans. 

Paul has not given a list of preferred destinations, although he will inform interested teams of whether Davis would sign a long-term extension with them. 

Via Broderick Turner & Tania Ganguli

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,837

Re: Pelicans Want Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, 1st Round Pick For Anthony Davis 

Post#2 » by cdubbz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 pm

Good. I woulda started higher though and ask for Hart too. But Lonzo & Kuzma are nice building blocks
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Re: Pelicans Want Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, 1st Round Pick For Anthony Davis 

Post#3 » by jlokine » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:51 pm

oo nooo.. imagine lavar in new orleans.. no star power (magic and lebron) to quiet him up.. lavar show 2.0
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#4 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:52 pm

NOOOOO DANNY AINGE STOP THIS MADNESS TELL DEMPS HE CAN HAVE OUR 7 FUTURE FIRST ROUND PICKS 4 THIS YEAR AND 10 SECOND ROUND PICKS!
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#5 » by Balkman32 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:54 pm

Wait that's it? Why isn't this deal done yet?

Can't believe Ingram and Hart aren't in this category.
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior

Post#6 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:54 pm

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:NOOOOO DANNY AINGE STOP THIS MADNESS TELL DEMPS HE CAN HAVE OUR 7 FUTURE FIRST ROUND PICKS 4 THIS YEAR AND 10 SECOND ROUND PICKS!

You can have terry rozier's rights, jaylen brown, and marcus smart as well. If you want hayward have him free of charge!
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior

Post#7 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:55 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Wait that's it? Why isn't this deal done yet?

Can't believe Ingram and Hart aren't in this category.

Omg I know right!! Wtf!! Teams will pay waaaaaaaaaay more!! this is bull. **** you demps. **** you danny ainge, do your job!
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#8 » by Balkman32 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Right. Toronto is starting this conversation with Siakam and Anunoby. If I am starting from scratch those two sound better to me than Ball and Kuz.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#9 » by gh123 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Lol, didn't expect more from Demps.
2hard2guard
Junior
And1: 15

Post#10 » by 2hard2guard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm

Sseems close but not giving a #1 pick ! Maybe hart & second rounder ! Ball has potential ! He has improved much from my point of view ! Zubac,Kuzma,hart,2nd rounder for Davis is enough otherwise pass for me ! Davis is injury prone it seems as well !
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#11 » by DarthDiggler69 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:09 pm

thats not much
2hard2guard
Junior
And1: 15

Post#12 » by 2hard2guard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:14 pm

Kuzma,Zubac,hart,maybe 1st round but I'm not giving up Ball ! Laker might not even trade Zubac at this point ! The dude is balling ! Young ! And hits free throws ! Major upside !
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 79

Post#13 » by t-rexCity » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:17 pm

He can't be traded to Celtics until after season is over. It looks like the whole thing was designed to make sure Celtics aren't involved because they do have the best package available. If Pels stay patient then C's will land him. If AD goes to lakers then this could be considered as one of the smartest plans ever. But I hope he lands with the Raptors!
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#14 » by Perishable517 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:18 pm

What? That is a poo poo platter.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,197

Post#15 » by kenwood3333 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:23 pm

That would be a steal for the Lakers.
But agents can make it happen.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#16 » by Durant Durant » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 pm

misleading title. should include: "Sources:"

though that source may be Lebron himself.
No no yes yes
PapaBear53
Junior
And1: 619

Post#17 » by PapaBear53 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Pelicans can certainly do better than this for Davis. Kuzma is ok, but Ball and Zubac are nothing at this point but "potential"; potential that quite likely will never be realized. The Lakers #1, if next season's, won't even be a lottery pick with the Lakers adding Davis with a healthy LeBron. Pelicans need to be patient until the Celtics can jump into the bidding and drive the price up and not settle for crap like this.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#18 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:29 pm

t-rexCity wrote:He can't be traded to Celtics until after season is over. It looks like the whole thing was designed to make sure Celtics aren't involved because they do have the best package available. If Pels stay patient then C's will land him. If AD goes to lakers then this could be considered as one of the smartest plans ever. But I hope he lands with the Raptors!

Not true, Celtics can trade Kyrie (Not that they really would). The issue is having two "Rose rule" players.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#19 » by MVP1992 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:31 pm

Fake news!

Any trade deal that starts with wanting Ball is LeBron Inc propaganda.
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#20 » by phenith » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Right. Toronto is starting this conversation with Siakam and Anunoby. If I am starting from scratch those two sound better to me than Ball and Kuz.

I'm with you on rather having Siakam and OG, but adding another piece we aren't sure wants to be here is going to be a tough sell when it will come at the expense of our the future... it would also make the Raps top heavy as we would likely have to include Ibaka (or 2 other players) just to make the salary work.

The Raps essentially robbing SA of Kawhi was little to no risk as DD isn't a top tier star and many viewed just getting rid of him a positive, so if Kawhi bolts, not a HUGE loss.

If the Raps move 3-4 rotation players for Davis and Kawhi bolts, the Raps are left hoping guys like Powell, Richardson and McCaw take a big leap forward next season with their top players being Davis, JV, and an aging Lowry... not a much better situation than Davis is in now, if not worse.

Bottom line is, I would love if the Raps could get Davis somehow without gutting the teams future, but I would be shocked if the Raps pulled the trigger on a Davis deal without knowing if Kawhi will re-sign.

Return to Wiretap Discussion