Lakers Pushing For Anthony Davis Dead Before Trade Deadline, Pelicans In No Rush

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lakers Pushing For Anthony Davis Dead Before Trade Deadline, Pelicans In No Rush 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:23 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers will aggressively pursue a trade for Anthony Davis before the February 7th trade deadline.

The Lakers, confident that Davis would sign a long-term deal if they were to trade for him, will speak to the Pelicans soon.

The Pelicans do not plan on trading Davis before the deadline unless they are overwhelmed with a package. They are reportedly waiting for the Celtics to become a trade partner this summer and believe that the Lakers best offer will still be on the table then. 

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Re: Lakers Pushing For Anthony Davis Dead Before Trade Deadline, Pelicans In No Rush 

Post#2 » by Durant Durant » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:59 pm

reeks of tampering imho
No no yes yes
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Re: Lakers Pushing For Anthony Davis Dead Before Trade Deadline, Pelicans In No Rush 

Post#3 » by gh123 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Smart decision by Nop.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#4 » by Donnyxc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:15 pm

This honestly makes the most sense. There was a lots of irresponsible/false reporting yesterday.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,604

Post#5 » by dc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Well duh. It’s not as if the Lakers will pull their best offer off the table if the Pels wait until summer, LOL. The Pels are going to wait for the team with the most assets to come to the table.

The Lakers/Rich Paul’s leaking of rumors that Kyrie might not stay in Boston reeks of desperation. They want to do anything and everything to pressure the Pels into doing a deal now. It’s pathetic but not entirely surprising.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,604

Post#6 » by dc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:20 pm

Donnyxc wrote:This honestly makes the most sense. There was a lots of irresponsible/false reporting yesterday.

There was no reporting yesterday. Just the Lakers and Rich Paul leaking rumors like a faucet.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,750

Post#7 » by the_process » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:27 pm

AD isn't going to stay in BOS. So Ainge won't put his best offer on the table. I know the Pels have to do their due diligence, though.

Wild card in this whole thing is the Knicks. Porzingis and their unprotected 1st would be mighty tempting.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#8 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:30 pm

the_process wrote:AD isn't going to stay in BOS. So Ainge won't put his best offer on the table. I know the Pels have to do their due diligence, though.

Wild card in this whole thing is the Knicks. Porzingis and their unprotected 1st would be mighty tempting.

Yeah if Knicks want him then he’s probably going there. Personally I’m taking Porzingis and that pick over any youngsters on Boston or LA
HeAdBuStAz
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by HeAdBuStAz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Truly hope another team trades for him. If a small market team traded for him it would be hilarious.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,750

Post#10 » by the_process » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Porzingis, THJ, Lee, and 2019 NYK 1st unprotected to NOP for AD and Johnson.

The Pelicans can then spend the next week on a full blown fire sale.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,328

Post#11 » by brackdan70 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:40 pm

the_process wrote:Porzingis, THJ, Lee, and 2019 NYK 1st unprotected to NOP for AD and Johnson.

That’s a pretty strong offer. But it would also still be on the table in July. Makes since for the owls to wait IMO
Sign here
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,550

Post#12 » by Revived » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:47 pm

the_process wrote:Porzingis, THJ, Lee, and 2019 NYK 1st unprotected to NOP for AD and Johnson.

Why would the Knicks do this? So that they can pair Davis with Knox and complete trash?

The whole purpose of any possible NYK Davis deal should be to pair Davis WITH Porzingis.
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#13 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:04 pm

the_process wrote:AD isn't going to stay in BOS. So Ainge won't put his best offer on the table. I know the Pels have to do their due diligence, though.

Nonsense. AD has said all along his goal is to compete and he will in Boston. Don't believe the unsourced reports with 0 quotes from AD claiming they aren't on his list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#14 » by DoItALL9 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:17 pm

Dead made me laugh

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#15 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:19 pm

Omg best news all day. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Danny Ainge has already sent Demps multiple calls and when the Lakers put forth their best offer. Ainge will just continue to add on. No one is worried about A.D bolting the C's. He will be under the best coaching staff and most competitive team he has ever been a part of. Super excited; get it done Ainge!! Brown, Rozier's rights, Smart, Marcus morris, 2019 Memphis Top 8 Protected, 2019 Clippers lottery protected, 2019 Kings/76ers(Best of swap), 2019 Celtics first round pick and multiple seconds for waiting. Baamn won't even take that much.
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#16 » by Nikola » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:27 pm

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:Omg best news all day. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Danny Ainge has already sent Demps multiple calls and when the Lakers put forth their best offer. Ainge will just continue to add on. No one is worried about A.D bolting the C's. He will be under the best coaching staff and most competitive team he has ever been a part of. Super excited; get it done Ainge!! Brown, Rozier's rights, Smart, Marcus morris, 2019 Memphis Top 8 Protected, 2019 Clippers lottery protected, 2019 Kings/76ers(Best of swap), 2019 Celtics first round pick and multiple seconds for waiting. Baamn won't even take that much.

Sorry bro but Tatum will have to be included. The guys on your list less Brown have little to no value. Adding one or two late lotto picks doesn't exactly blow the Lakers offer out of the water.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 157

Post#17 » by BigHustle » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 pm

As LeBron becomes less and less dominant, will Klutch become less and less impactful and eventually have no importance?
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#18 » by Donnyxc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 pm

Nikola wrote:
DannyAingeIsGod wrote:Omg best news all day. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Danny Ainge has already sent Demps multiple calls and when the Lakers put forth their best offer. Ainge will just continue to add on. No one is worried about A.D bolting the C's. He will be under the best coaching staff and most competitive team he has ever been a part of. Super excited; get it done Ainge!! Brown, Rozier's rights, Smart, Marcus morris, 2019 Memphis Top 8 Protected, 2019 Clippers lottery protected, 2019 Kings/76ers(Best of swap), 2019 Celtics first round pick and multiple seconds for waiting. Baamn won't even take that much.

Sorry bro but Tatum will have to be included. The guys on your list less Brown have little to no value. Adding one or two late lotto picks doesn't exactly blow the Lakers offer out of the water.

True, an offer with Tatum beats any Lakers offer, so Ainge should hold that in his back pocket.
New Orleans wants picks. They do not want to rebuild with mediocre talent from LA.

The Celtics picks might not even be their best route, if they want Zion they should be talking to the Knicks or Cleveland.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#19 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Nikola wrote:

I hear you, but with their asking price being as low as Ball, Kuzma, Zubac and a first? that's so soft. I think there will be a bidding war for sure. Would you add Tatum in Celtic's position? I'd prefer to give even more first round picks 2021, 2023, 2025 Celtics first round picks could be tossed in. I believe the Celtics can offer as many as 7 First round picks and 10 second round picks.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#20 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:53 pm

Durant Durant wrote:reeks of tampering imho

I am with you on this. How is this NOT tampering? So the Lakers decide when and what time to take AD off of the Pelicans hands.
They make it seem as if the are doing NO a favor.
I really hope whoever get AD gets raked over the coals and gut the team. Even though AD and Bron could pick up some YMCA players and still compete.

Return to Wiretap Discussion