Klay Thompson To Look At Lakers If Not Offered Max By Warriors This Summer

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Klay Thompson To Look At Lakers If Not Offered Max By Warriors This Summer 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:41 am

An unrestricted free agent after this season, Klay Thompson would be interested in the Los Angeles Lakers if the Golden State Warriors do not offer him the max and the Lakers trade for Anthony Davis, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

“The best-case scenario for the Lakers is that they add Anthony Davis and then Golden State doesn’t offer Klay Thompson a max contract. They try to get Klay to take a little bit less than the max. And if that happens, I’m told Klay’s attention will be on the Lakers if they have Anthony Davis," said Wojnarowski on Sportscenter.

Thompson and Kevin Durant are free agents at the end of this season, with Draymond Green's contract expiring in 2020. 

Thompson has previously stated that he wants to finish his career with the Warriors.

Via AnthonyIrwinLA/Silver Screen And Roll

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Re: Klay Thompson To Look At Lakers If Not Offered Max By Warriors This Summer 

Post#2 » by Revived » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:32 am

Steph and Klay are Warrior lifers. Imo Dray and KD are the ones I see leaving. Not including Cousins of course.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#3 » by likashing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:34 am

For a team with a 30% max slot it can offer Thompon ~$140m/4 with the 1st year being $32.7m. The Lakers with Davis will only have $20 something million of space left. Let's say it is ~$25m. That means the Lakers can offer ~$110m/4? That's not "a little less". Even if the Warriors don't want to commit the full 5 year max with 8% raises, they will definitely offer much more than whatever the Lakers have left. Heck, the Warriors will happily re-sign him for ~$120-130m/4.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#4 » by BigHustle » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:44 am

In other news, PG will also be joining the LAL after his current contract is up, sources say.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#5 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:13 am

likashing wrote:For a team with a 30% max slot it can offer Thompon ~$140m/4 with the 1st year being $32.7m. The Lakers with Davis will only have $20 something million of space left. Let's say it is ~$25m. That means the Lakers can offer ~$110m/4? That's not "a little less". Even if the Warriors don't want to commit the full 5 year max with 8% raises, they will definitely offer much more than whatever the Lakers have left. Heck, the Warriors will happily re-sign him for ~$120-130m/4.

Well clearly you have no idea.. Yes GSW can offer a 5 year max which is more than any other team can offer however Lakers can easily free up a max slot given Davis earns 27 mill next year and any longer than 1 year contracts are tradable assests..
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#6 » by hyberx » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:24 am

This news is brought to you by Lebron If-you-cant-beat-them-recruit-them James.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#7 » by likashing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:26 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
likashing wrote:For a team with a 30% max slot it can offer Thompon ~$140m/4 with the 1st year being $32.7m. The Lakers with Davis will only have $20 something million of space left. Let's say it is ~$25m. That means the Lakers can offer ~$110m/4? That's not "a little less". Even if the Warriors don't want to commit the full 5 year max with 8% raises, they will definitely offer much more than whatever the Lakers have left. Heck, the Warriors will happily re-sign him for ~$120-130m/4.

Well clearly you have no idea.. Yes GSW can offer a 5 year max which is more than any other team can offer however Lakers can easily free up a max slot given Davis earns 27 mill next year and any longer than 1 year contracts are tradable assests..

Try to read. Obviously you can't. The article was not about the Lakers opening up a 30% max slot for Thompson. It was about the Lakers offering him less than max.

Davis can also re-sign for the super max after the Lakers trade for him, right? :lol:

Sometimes it helps if one reads and knows anything before opening his mouth.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#8 » by gh123 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:42 am

Klay is gone regardless, he got his rings, he wants a bugger role and more recognition. Once KD learns that Klay goes to Lal, he'll immediately bolt East.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#9 » by inquisitive » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:40 am

Kd is bolting regardless what Klay does
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#10 » by alienpick » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:02 am

likashing wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

Try to read. Obviously you can't. The article was not about the Lakers opening up a 30% max slot for Thompson. It was about the Lakers offering him less than max.

Davis can also re-sign for the super max after the Lakers trade for him, right? :lol:

The article says if the WARRIORS offer Klay less than the max then he will look at the Lakers.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#11 » by likashing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 am

alienpick wrote:
likashing wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

The article says if the WARRIORS offer Klay less than the max then he will look at the Lakers.

Don’t just read the title. “They try to get Klay to take a little bit less than the max.”
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#12 » by NY2TheBay » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:19 am

gh123 wrote:Klay is gone regardless, he got his rings, he wants a bugger role and more recognition. Once KD learns that Klay goes to Lal, he'll immediately bolt East.

:lol:
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#13 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:40 am

likashing wrote:
alienpick wrote:
likashing wrote:

Don’t just read the title. “They try to get Klay to take a little bit less than the max.”

It's you who clearly can not read they are saying the warriors give a little less than max opening the door for the Lakers.. please learn to read and comprehend so you dont make a fool of yourself by accusing ppl of the exact thing your actually doing haha
likashing
Head Coach

Post#14 » by likashing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:53 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
likashing wrote:
alienpick wrote:

It's you who clearly can not read they are saying the warriors give a little less than max opening the door for the Lakers.. please learn to read and comprehend so you dont make a fool of yourself by accusing ppl of the exact thing your actually doing haha

Go educate yourself on roster spot cap hold and first round pick salaries. There is no realistic way for the Lakers to create another $32m slot for Klay.

You have no understanding of the cap when you mentioned Davis could re-sign for the supermax.

Talking about cap with you is a waste of time.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#15 » by Mykhyn » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:42 am

likashing wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:
likashing wrote:

Go educate yourself on roster spot cap hold and first round pick salaries. There is no realistic way for the Lakers to create another $32m slot for Klay.

You have no understanding of the cap when you mentioned Davis could re-sign for the supermax.

You're embarrassing yourself. You haven't done the math.

The Lakers with AD + Lebron + Deng money + Roster holds = 31,469,771 for 1 more person. Keeping Hart makes it 30.3mil.

Lakers just need to trade literally everyone for AD except 1 of Kuzma or Hart and its fine
likashing
Head Coach

Post#16 » by likashing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:09 am

Cklbmk wrote:
likashing wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

The Lakers with AD + Lebron + Deng money + Roster holds = 31,469,771 for 1 more person. Keeping Hart makes it 30.3mil.

Lakers just need to trade literally everyone for AD except 1 of Kuzma or Hart and its fine

And that is not a 30% max slot. You have to be left with 2 players and giving away the #1 pick for free, and still can’t get a 30% max slot.

Exactly my point. What’s wrong with you guys?

Vegeta and the other guy weee saying you can get a 30% max slot. You can’t. As I said. You also proved you couldn’t either.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#17 » by Mykhyn » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:25 am

likashing wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
likashing wrote:

And that is not a 30% max slot. You have to be left with 2 players and giving away the #1 pick for free, and still can’t get a 30% max slot.

Exactly my point. What’s wrong with you guys?

Vegeta and the other guy weee saying you can get a 30% max slot. You can’t. As I said. You also proved you couldn’t either.

likashing wrote:

likashing wrote: The Lakers with Davis will only have $20 something million of space left. Let's say it is ~$25m. That means the Lakers can offer ~$110m/4? That's not "a little less".

1.2mil qualifies as "a little less" to me.

Ball + Ingram + Wagner + Kuzma + Zubac + Mykhailiuk + Bonga + 2019 1st + Lance + 5mil(to make buying out Payton/Clark/Johnson less painful) for AD + Miller + Diallo + Frazier makes it work perfectly.

Alternatively I'm sure the Lakers could get future 2nds for anyone left over that the Pelicans dont want
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#18 » by Lalouie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:44 am

best way to add value is to win a ring on another team
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#19 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:03 pm

Wow, I guess Kay has never been to camp. He actually has the guts to be talked about without the shield of a camp. More integrity than some of these other players who want to hide.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#20 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:20 pm

gh123 wrote:Klay is gone regardless, he got his rings, he wants a bugger role and more recognition. Once KD learns that Klay goes to Lal, he'll immediately bolt East.

Lateral move.
Third on GS and 3rd on Lakers behind LABron and AD.

But seriously, this LA thing is getting out of hand.
If Bron wants you, they come running.
Now I hear Irving wants back in.

Return to Wiretap Discussion