Kyrie Irving Reportedly Interested In Reuniting With LeBron James

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyrie Irving Reportedly Interested In Reuniting With LeBron James 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:27 am

Kyrie Irving has expressed interest in reuniting with LeBron James, according to Ric Bucher.

Bucher stated that "a source close to the Celtics confirmed that Kyrie Irving is genuinely interested in reuniting with his former Cavaliers teammate. 'That is for real,' the source said."

Irving recently called James to apologize for being a difficult teammate when they were with the Cavs. 

Via Ric Bucher/Bleacher Report

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Re: Kyrie Irving Reportedly Interested In Reuniting With LeBron James 

Post#2 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:29 am

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#3 » by BigTex » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:32 am

Talk about weak. You could carve a player with more spine out of an overripe banana.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,991

Post#4 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:35 am

Irving is going to walk either to the Lakers or Clippers the Celtics are tapped out cap wise and Ainge is too focused on hoarding kids/picks rather then NBA superstars.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#5 » by alienpick » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:41 am

If it’s true, trade him to LA and free yourself up to trade for AD before the deadline. Kyrie’s contract (Rose ruled) is the only thing holding Boston from going after AD right now.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#6 » by BigHustle » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:43 am

Amazing the scripts that Lebron writes now that he’s in LA and has time off.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#7 » by alienpick » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:44 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Image

Kyrie isn’t soft, not sure what you’re talking about. Kyrie contributed hugely to LeBron’s CLE ring. Without Kyrie the Cavs still wouldn’t have a championship.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#8 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:41 am

Where are all the haters that said no stars want to play with LBJ they referenced Kyrie leaving.. Now hmm Love was happy to play with LBJ wade was Bosh would be if he could play again.. Spurs would not even consider trading Kawhi to the Lakers and the Lakers were on Kawhis list of 2 teams.. Paul George choose not to go to the Lakers because he was enjoying OKC not because oh LBJ is so hard to play with.. Now even Klay is rumored to want to go to LA if Warriors dont offer him the max I think he is just trying to ensure he gets the max but either way hes willing to play with James.. As far as I am concerned if Lakers get AD they should go as hard as possible for Kawhi.. They will have a play maker in LBJ and two of the most elite defenders in the NBA with Davis and Kawhi and Kawhi can shoot.. Also if they can hang on too Josh Hart they just need to fill out with a couple more 3d and guys..
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:46 am

Where are all the haters that said no stars want to play with LBJ they referenced Kyrie leaving.. Now hmm Love was happy to play with LBJ wade was Bosh would be if he could play again.. Spurs would not even consider trading Kawhi to the Lakers and the Lakers were on Kawhis list of 2 teams.. Paul George choose not to go to the Lakers because he was enjoying OKC not because oh LBJ is so hard to play with.. Now even Klay is rumored to want to go to LA if Warriors dont offer him the max I think he is just trying to ensure he gets the max but either way hes willing to play with James.. As far as I am concerned if Lakers get AD they should go as hard as possible for Kawhi.. They will have a play maker in LBJ and two of the most elite defenders in the NBA with Davis and Kawhi and Kawhi can shoot.. Also if they can hang on too Josh Hart they just need to fill out with a couple more 3d and guys..
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#10 » by MegaK » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:56 am

BigTex wrote:Talk about weak. You could carve a player with more spine out of an overripe banana.

Well said.
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#11 » by Camping Fan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:03 am

I had a thought on this that I want to throw out there to see if I'm in left field, but is it possible that Irving apologized to LeBron because he is fearful that he cant or won't be offered a max contract in Boston and using LeBron and the Lakers as leverage?
Lakers 2020
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#12 » by dautjazz » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:25 am

Camping Fan wrote:I had a thought on this that I want to throw out there to see if I'm in left field, but is it possible that Irving apologized to LeBron because he is fearful that he cant or won't be offered a max contract in Boston and using LeBron and the Lakers as leverage?

Nah he's just turning 27 in March, he'll be in his prime through the rest of his next contract, he will get a MAX. Essentially how many guys 27 and under are better than him? Maybe 10? Those are the guys that would most make sense give a max to.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#13 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:28 am

Not even if I see it will I believe it.

The story says:
a source close to the Celtics confirmed that Kyrie Irving is genuinely interested in reuniting with his former Cavaliers teammate

It would be hard to be more vague. Even if the quote were taken at face value, he could be talking about Channing Fry. And why would Kyrie let anyone close to the Celtics know that he wanted to bolt for LA? It makes no sense... unless you are trying to generate clicks... then it makes perfect sense!
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#14 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:29 am

BigTex wrote:Talk about weak. You could carve a player with more spine out of an overripe banana.

it's a bs rumor piggybacking on the news of his phone call

he will be in boston next few seasons minimum
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:50 am

Camping Fan wrote:I had a thought on this that I want to throw out there to see if I'm in left field, but is it possible that Irving apologized to LeBron because he is fearful that he cant or won't be offered a max contract in Boston and using LeBron and the Lakers as leverage?

No Kyrie made that phone call so he was not picked last in the all star game..

Whose your first pick should be Durant then Kwahi and then curry.. Kyrie does not want to go last...
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#16 » by Floody100 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:31 am

It’s from Ric Bucher so I wouldn’t read too much into it, he’s been known to make up a story here and their.
The whole reason why this rumour of Kyrie leaving is swirling is because it puts doubt in AD & Boston to trade for AD.
My prediction is Boston sign Kyrie a 5 year max, Boston trade Tatum, Brown, Rozier, picks & whovever else the Pelicans want & get AD. AD, Kyrie & the Celtics win the championship & AD signs a 4 year deal & stays in Boston.
I think that Ainge’s plan all along, he knows that if he gets AD he can convince him to stay because I think the thought of playing with a 36 year old Lebron becomes less appealing especially if he gets injured again and/or his age starts to show & his performances aren’t as impressive.
That’s why the Lakers are going hard now because even if AD’s preferred destination is the Lakers, he might eventually change his mind and decide that he enjoys winning in Boston. You can look at PG13 for further evidence that this may happen. He said it himself that he wanted to go back home to LA & look how that turned out.
Obviously this is just a prediction so don’t read too much into it but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is how it plays out.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#17 » by The_Hater » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:38 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:

No Kyrie made that phone call so he was not picked last in the all star game..

Whose your first pick should be Durant then Kwahi and then curry.. Kyrie does not want to go last...

What in the world are your talking about? I would hope that you wrote all that fiction in a poor attempt to be funny but I’m very afraid you’re being serious.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#18 » by The_Hater » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:38 am

AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#19 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:56 am

As long as LeBron is an all-star level player that team could win three straight. *If they get both Irving and Davis as FA's
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Finnisher
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#20 » by Finnisher » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:30 am

The source close to the Celtics is White Mamba. He talked about this at length in Chris Mannix's podcast, so it's not much of a secret.

Return to Wiretap Discussion