Bulls Acquire Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Waive Carmelo Anthony

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bulls Acquire Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Waive Carmelo Anthony 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:27 pm

The Chicago Bulls have waived Carmelo Anthony to open up a roster spot to acquire Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot from the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Anthony was never asked to report to the Bulls after they acquired him from the Rockets on January 22nd.

The Thunder will save $7.3 million off their luxury tax bill by trading Luwawu-Cabarrot. 

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: Bulls Acquire Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Waive Carmelo Anthony 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 9:07 pm

TLC has a lot of upside... doubt their coach will be able to maximize it, tho. Dude is a great off-ball cutter and has upside finishing at the rim. His 3ball isn't great, up it could be...
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#3 » by Maf » Fri Feb 1, 2019 9:36 pm

I don't like Carmelo Anthony. But even If I tried my best to insult him I could NEVER ever bring anything close to this

The Chicago Bulls have waived Carmelo Anthony to open up a roster spot to acquire Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
CH Smoot
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#4 » by CH Smoot » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:15 pm

Maf wrote:I don't like Carmelo Anthony. But even If I tried my best to insult him I could NEVER ever bring anything close to this

The Chicago Bulls have waived Carmelo Anthony to open up a roster spot to acquire Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot

Yeah.

Unreal.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:46 pm

CH Smoot wrote:
Maf wrote:I don't like Carmelo Anthony. But even If I tried my best to insult him I could NEVER ever bring anything close to this

Yeah.

Unreal.

It's not an insult when you consider that the Bulls are trying to lose.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#6 » by streets talking » Fri Feb 1, 2019 11:14 pm

The bulls traded carmelo anthony back to OKC
..and then the thunder got melo waived again ..
They could of give melo another run with Russ & PG13
Kabeza726
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Kabeza726 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:03 am

I don’t understand why MeLo is being treated like he’s a nobody. Melo is a future Hall of Famer with out a doubt. Thanks to the treatment Phil Jackson gave him towards the end of his tenure in NYC he’s being looked at like he’s a nobody. I’m a KnicKs fan I totally understand him, he wasn’t given a supporting cast to take the Knicks anywhere the one year he had a decent squad they made it to the 2nd round. I really hope he land with the LaKers and they win a Championship he deserves it. STAY POSITIVE MELO, you’ll get your chance...
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#8 » by TKainZero » Sat Feb 2, 2019 4:07 am

The Atlanta Hawks melo Jersey is now joined by the Chicago bulls melo Jersey
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#9 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 5:40 am

Kabeza726 wrote:I don’t understand why MeLo is being treated like he’s a nobody. Melo is a future Hall of Famer with out a doubt. Thanks to the treatment Phil Jackson gave him towards the end of his tenure in NYC he’s being looked at like he’s a nobody. I’m a KnicKs fan I totally understand him, he wasn’t given a supporting cast to take the Knicks anywhere the one year he had a decent squad they made it to the 2nd round. I really hope he land with the LaKers and they win a Championship he deserves it. STAY POSITIVE MELO, you’ll get your chance...

Dude...WTF has Melo ever done right? OK. Yeah, in his earlier days he got buckets. Lots of 'em. But which of Melo's former coaches wishes he was still on the team getting buckets for them? None. Not only that, he has major character flaws... like that time he sucka punched a dude and then ran and hid like a lil beeotch. He also tied the hands of Knicks FO with the salary he demanded and then did sweet eff all to produce. In OKC he refused to try to help the team by coming off the bench... dude is washed. Yeah, he's headed to the Hall, but he got there on accolades that are over a decade old...
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#10 » by Sam195 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 6:55 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:
Kabeza726 wrote:I don’t understand why MeLo is being treated like he’s a nobody. Melo is a future Hall of Famer with out a doubt. Thanks to the treatment Phil Jackson gave him towards the end of his tenure in NYC he’s being looked at like he’s a nobody. I’m a KnicKs fan I totally understand him, he wasn’t given a supporting cast to take the Knicks anywhere the one year he had a decent squad they made it to the 2nd round. I really hope he land with the LaKers and they win a Championship he deserves it. STAY POSITIVE MELO, you’ll get your chance...

Dude...WTF has Melo ever done right? OK. Yeah, in his earlier days he got buckets. Lots of 'em. But which of Melo's former coaches wishes he was still on the team getting buckets for them? None. Not only that, he has major character flaws... like that time he sucka punched a dude and then ran and hid like a lil beeotch. He also tied the hands of Knicks FO with the salary he demanded and then did sweet eff all to produce. In OKC he refused to try to help the team by coming off the bench... dude is washed. Yeah, he's headed to the Hall, but he got there on accolades that are over a decade old...

I think he could improve his image if he goes and resigns with OKC and buys into a bench role. Not sure if Thunder are interested but since Melo has been waived by a second team since OKC traded him this season he would not be violating a cba rule that was created that blocked salary dumped via trade and waived players to resign with their former teams. This was to stop moves like Zydrunas Ilgauskas resigning with cavs after being dumped and waived to wizards aka the "Ilgauskas rule"

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/andrew-bogut-eligible-to-rejoin-golden-state-warriors-cleveland-cavaliers-rumors-cba-loophole-dallas-philadelphia-trade-deadline-022317
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#11 » by Sam195 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 7:00 am

TKainZero wrote:The Atlanta Hawks melo Jersey is now joined by the Chicago bulls melo Jersey

This dude's final seasons in the nba are worse than T-Mac but at least the latter declined due to injuries - melo on the other hand in the right system might still be able to average 20ppg+ the problem is a team that runs that system is probably not trying to make the playoffs or win a championship lol. I wonder if melo is being treated like Colin Kapernick because of all the stuff he speaks out about with regards to puerto rico and the police. Ironic he got acquired and waived by Chicago without stepping foot there.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Post#12 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Feb 2, 2019 2:23 pm

Sam195 wrote:
TKainZero wrote:The Atlanta Hawks melo Jersey is now joined by the Chicago bulls melo Jersey

This dude's final seasons in the nba are worse than T-Mac but at least the latter declined due to injuries - melo on the other hand in the right system might still be able to average 20ppg+ the problem is a team that runs that system is probably not trying to make the playoffs or win a championship lol. I wonder if melo is being treated like Colin Kapernick because of all the stuff he speaks out about with regards to puerto rico and the police. Ironic he got acquired and waived by Chicago without stepping foot there.

He's just not that good any more. He's an inefficient volume scorer and a horrible defender, and still thinks he's a star. Not worth the hassle for any team trying to accomplish anything of note.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#13 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Feb 2, 2019 3:06 pm

He had a chance at a decent supporting cast with the Knicks when he was at Denver, but instead of waiting till the offseason he asked to be traded and caused damage to the Knicks franchise for more money. Then he ran off dantoni who is doing well with the Rockets. Then he didn't join the Bulls for a chance of legacy. Now he's more done than burnt toast and the only thing to remember him by was when he was doing well in an ISO oriented league. In the modern NBA there is no place for an old dog who can't learn new tricks. I hope he enjoys the money, but a lot of people consider him a running joke. The 2003 draft class is one of the best class and many of them have rings except Melo whose accomplishment is getting to the conference finals.

Return to Wiretap Discussion