Sixers, Jazz Express Interest In Nikola Mirotic

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Sixers, Jazz Express Interest In Nikola Mirotic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 1, 2019 9:04 pm

Nikola Mirotic is drawing attention from the Philadelphia 76ers and Utah Jazz in a potential deal.

The Pelicans are looking for a first-round pick in return for Mirotic.

The Sixers are looking for a stretch-4 to replace Dario Saric. The Jazz, also interested in Mirotic's perimeter ability, may also ship out Derrick Favors in a potential deal. 

Via Sean Deveney/Sporting News

JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Re: Sixers, Jazz Express Interest In Nikola Mirotic 

Post#2 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:06 pm

If the Sixers get Nikola Mirotic, it's fair to say that they become the favorite to win the East, and even win it all. But I don't think Niko likes Butler too much, though. I would be interesting to see how this works out.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#3 » by GordanFreeman » Fri Feb 1, 2019 11:02 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:If the Sixers get Nikola Mirotic, it's fair to say that they become the favorite to win the East, and even win it all. But I don't think Niko likes Butler too much, though. I would be interesting to see how this works out.

GS will continue being the favorites unless they lose one of their superstars.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#4 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 11:18 pm

Hard to say Mirotic moves the needle that much for the Sixers. Yes, they need depth at the wing and he may be an upgrade over Chandler (but not the most recent version of Chandler). Mr. James Jammer may be right that past tensions between the two individuals prevents cohesion.

Not worth a first... that is too valuable to give up for Nikola. But should try to do a deal if possible
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#5 » by TheCage4 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 11:58 pm

Not sure if the Jazz make any moves, but the rumored interest in Mirotic and Conley would add two solid players to an already good team.

Mirotic spaced the floor better for Gobert and Conley would be a significant upgrade on both ends over Rubio.

Not a Utah fan by any means but I’d appreciate these additions.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion