Blazers Acquire Rodney Hood From Cavs For Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin, Two 2nds

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Blazers Acquire Rodney Hood From Cavs For Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin, Two 2nds 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Feb 3, 2019 8:25 pm

The Portland Trail Blazers have acquired Rodney Hood for Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin and two future second round picks.

Hood had the ability to veto trade after signing the one-year qualifying offer with the Cavaliers.

The Cavaliers acquired Hood from the Utah Jazz before the 2018 trade deadline.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: Blazers Acquire Rodney Hood From Cavs For Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin, Two 2nds 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 8:53 pm

This will be a hit cap-wise to the Blazers but the deal was a good one. Hood gives them veteran stability where Stauskas was giving them sweet eff all. The two 2rps are a nice addition, too.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Re: Blazers Acquire Rodney Hood From Cavs For Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin, Two 2nds 

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Feb 3, 2019 10:44 pm

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:This will be a hit cap-wise to the Blazers but the deal was a good one. Hood gives them veteran stability where Stauskas was giving them sweet eff all. The two 2rps are a nice addition, too.

Yep, Hood makes the Blazers better (and longer) for this season and the playoffs. Hood should be reinvigorated as well. But assuming they lose in the first round again, they just gave up two 2rp's for a three month rental. Unless he can teach Lillard how to split a double team this move seems a little short sighted. I mean, while a slight upgrade, I don't see Hood winning them even one more game.

If POR now trades all their depth at SF for AD I'll take it all back! :D
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#4 » by Alonzo_Morning » Mon Feb 4, 2019 12:33 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
IAMZOOTED2 wrote:This will be a hit cap-wise to the Blazers but the deal was a good one. Hood gives them veteran stability where Stauskas was giving them sweet eff all. The two 2rps are a nice addition, too.

Yep, Hood makes the Blazers better (and longer) for this season and the playoffs. Hood should be reinvigorated as well. But assuming they lose in the first round again, they just gave up two 2rp's for a three month rental. Unless he can teach Lillard how to split a double team this move seems a little short sighted. I mean, while a slight upgrade, I don't see Hood winning them even one more game.

Keep dreaming breh :lol:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Feb 4, 2019 1:49 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

Keep dreaming breh :lol:

Sarcasm much? :banghead:

Return to Wiretap Discussion