Kevin Durant Has Avoided Post-Game Interviews Since Kristaps Porzingis Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kevin Durant Has Avoided Post-Game Interviews Since Kristaps Porzingis Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 4, 2019 8:28 pm

Kevin Durant has avoided post-game interviews following each of the Golden State Warriors' past two games.

The Warriors haven't provided an official explanation, but those absences have coincided with the New York Knicks trading Kristaps Porzingis to the Dallas Mavericks.

Many have speculated that the Knicks made the move to create two max contract slots in pursuit of Durant and Kyrie Irving.

Via Mark Medina/San Jose Mercury News

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Kevin Durant Has Avoided Post-Game Interviews Since Kristaps Porzingis Trade 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Mon Feb 4, 2019 10:51 pm

I think that's likely true. Durant got a lot of backlash joining the Warriors. Kyrie loves the spotlight because of his huge ego. Both of those guys joining the Knicks makes perfect sense.
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Re: Kevin Durant Has Avoided Post-Game Interviews Since Kristaps Porzingis Trade 

Post#3 » by Rashidi » Mon Feb 4, 2019 11:21 pm

A snake AND a coward!
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#4 » by Psubs » Mon Feb 4, 2019 11:46 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:I think that's likely true. Durant got a lot of backlash joining the Warriors. Kyrie loves the spotlight because of his huge ego. Both of those guys joining the Knicks makes perfect sense.

and Jimmy Butler
badass316
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,075

Post#5 » by badass316 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 11:48 pm

:lol: at KD or Kyrie going to the Knicks. I doubt either guy is willing to play for any team, even if it's in NY or LA, that's currently rebuilding.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#6 » by SlowPaced » Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:32 am

badass316 wrote::lol: at KD or Kyrie going to the Knicks. I doubt either guy is willing to play for any team, even if it's in NY or LA, that's currently rebuilding.

They wouldn't be rebuilding if they acquired multiple stars, which is the plan.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#7 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Feb 5, 2019 1:12 am

Rashidi wrote:A snake AND a coward!

First people bitch at players for answers the questions reporters ask, now people are bitching at them for avoiding those questions?

Even though Durant is wisely choosing to avoid those NY questions, the media is still finding a way to spin that he is going to NY.

Media seems to be more the snake and coward in this one. :wink:
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,553

Post#8 » by lonzo_pelota » Tue Feb 5, 2019 1:37 am

Does Durant get his jersey retired if he bolts at seasons end to what he thinks is greener pastures, thus making him merely a hired gun 3yr mercenary for the warriors, he'd be more pau gasol than beloved franchise player
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#9 » by alienpick » Tue Feb 5, 2019 1:56 am

SlowPaced wrote:
badass316 wrote::lol: at KD or Kyrie going to the Knicks. I doubt either guy is willing to play for any team, even if it's in NY or LA, that's currently rebuilding.

Ah good ol knicks fans. How’d that plan work in 2010? Wasn’t Lebron and all his super friends coming to NY the plan then? How’d that work out for you? A broken and over paid Amare if I remember correctly...
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#10 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:01 am

Why is someone a “snake or a coward,” to quote someone in this thread, for leaving one job for a better job?

Don’t we do that ourselves?

Why is it different when the person is an athlete?
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#11 » by SlowPaced » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:26 am

alienpick wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

Ah good ol knicks fans. How’d that plan work in 2010? Wasn’t Lebron and all his super friends coming to NY the plan then? How’d that work out for you? A broken and over paid Amare if I remember correctly...

I'm not a Knicks fan, I'm a Heat fan. You know, the team LeBron and his super friends went to in 2010.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#12 » by 720 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 3:00 am

SlowPaced wrote:
alienpick wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

I'm not a Knicks fan, I'm a Heat fan. You know, the team LeBron and his super friends went to in 2010.

Wade and Lebron originally were going to the Knicks but the pitch meeting with Dolan went so bad that they decided to go to Miami instead.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#13 » by BigTex » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:13 am

I just don't see KD going to the Knicks. The cupoard is bare there. Even if Kyrie joins him, you still have a marginal playoff team. Who else do they have or can they sign at that point? Looks like Sacremento, Brooklyn, Indiana, 76ers, Lakers, and Clippers all have cap room for at least one player and more talent than the Knicks even if Kyrie signs along with KD.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#14 » by TheCage4 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:49 pm

I think the well has been poisoned so bad in NY that any FA entertaining the idea of going to the Knicks has a career death wish. Yes, the market is one of the biggest, but is it worth the cost of your sanity?

Between Dolan, the NY media and the NY fans (I am born and raised) there is really no winning. Even if the dream scenario of signing two top FA's along with a high draft pick comes to fruition, the Knicks (or the environment of NY) will find a way to spoil it.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#15 » by MegaK » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:52 pm

TheCage4 wrote:I think the well has been poisoned so bad in NY that any FA entertaining the idea of going to the Knicks has a career death wish. Yes, the market is one of the biggest, but is it worth the cost of your sanity?

Between Dolan, the NY media and the NY fans (I am born and raised) there is really no winning. Even if the dream scenario of signing two top FA's along with a high draft pick comes to fruition, the Knicks (or the environment of NY) will find a way to spoil it.

If we're talking about players caring about Legacies, there is no better town to win in than New York. That isn't NY pride talking it is just the truth. There is no bigger Market in the states and no bigger loyal fan base. Think about it you can buy cavs courtside tickets for around $ 500, Knicks courtside tickets even with the way we've been loosing sell for more than $ 5,000. This City may seem like too much to handle when you're losing but when you are winning, there isn't any other place that compares to it. Just Facts.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#16 » by TheCage4 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:20 pm

MegaK wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:I think the well has been poisoned so bad in NY that any FA entertaining the idea of going to the Knicks has a career death wish. Yes, the market is one of the biggest, but is it worth the cost of your sanity?

If we're talking about players caring about Legacies, there is no better town to win in than New York. That isn't NY pride talking it is just the truth. There is no bigger Market in the states and no bigger loyal fan base. Think about it you can buy cavs courtside tickets for around $ 500, Knicks courtside tickets even with the way we've been loosing sell for more than $ 5,000. This City may seem like too much to handle when you're losing but when you are winning, there isn't any other place that compares to it. Just Facts.

I agree, but can we also say that it takes a certain pedigree of personality to withstand the wrath of NY? We will love you one day and cast you away the next without hesitation. It takes thick skin to survive as an athlete here, and I'm not saying two top FA's can't thrive or turn things around, it's just these younger "stars" leave a lot to be desired when it comes to ego.

I was around for the Ewing run to the Finals and then the JVG team (Camby, Spree, LJ, etc.) that made it, and yes, the city was bleeding orange and blue. It was an awesome time to be a Knicks fan. I would never discourage anyone from calling this city their home, I only preach caution when it comes to expectations.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#17 » by MegaK » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:54 pm

TheCage4 wrote:
MegaK wrote:

I agree, but can we also say that it takes a certain pedigree of personality to withstand the wrath of NY? We will love you one day and cast you away the next without hesitation. It takes thick skin to survive as an athlete here, and I'm not saying two top FA's can't thrive or turn things around, it's just these younger "stars" leave a lot to be desired when it comes to ego.

I was around for the Ewing run to the Finals and then the JVG team (Camby, Spree, LJ, etc.) that made it, and yes, the city was bleeding orange and blue. It was an awesome time to be a Knicks fan. I would never discourage anyone from calling this city their home, I only preach caution when it comes to expectations.

Same here. I watched the Knicks give the Jordan Bulls the hardest time during all of their playoff success and then the Spreewell, Houston team that went to the Finals as well. The City did bleed orange and blue. Knicks fans deserve a great team, we've been loyal to a fault to our team. If you are interested in leaving a lasting Legacy, you can't get a better one than coming to NY and bringing playoff success/championship here. Yes the media will roast you when you suck, but don't you deserve that, and shouldn't you use that as motivation to get better. I'm just saying, no one in this town would talk dirty about Derek Jeter and his legacy is cemented in Baseball history.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#18 » by alienpick » Thu Feb 7, 2019 12:21 am

SlowPaced wrote:
alienpick wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

haha sweet. I cant see your favorite teams on my phone.

Return to Wiretap Discussion