Anthony Davis Has Knicks On Same Level As Lakers On Wish List

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Anthony Davis Has Knicks On Same Level As Lakers On Wish List 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 7, 2019 2:35 pm

Anthony Davis has the New York Knicks on the same level of his wish list as the Los Angeles Lakers, according to sources with knowledge of his thinking. The Los Angeles Clippers and Milwaukee Bucks are the other two teams on his list.

The Knicks' ability to pursue two superstar free agents has resonated with Davis. Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving have been linked to the Knicks.

The Lakers have been aggressive in their pursuit of Davis with the Boston Celtics, long viewed as the team with the most compelling trade package, has been held on the sidelines. The Celtics are not on the list of Davis' preferred teams.

The Knicks could have a better shot of trading for Davis after the lottery in May.

Davis is unlikely to sign an extension with any team until July 2020.

Via Marc Stein/New York Times

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Re: Anthony Davis Has Knicks On Same Level As Lakers On Wish List 

Post#2 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Feb 7, 2019 4:28 pm

Wants to play for a “franchise committed to winning”, chooses team that has the worst record in the NBA the last 20 years... :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,788

Post#3 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Feb 7, 2019 4:41 pm

Well played Paul....I mean LeBron....I mean AD.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,212

Post#4 » by kenwood3333 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 5:52 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Wants to play for a “franchise committed to winning”, chooses team that has the worst record in the NBA the last 20 years... :lol:

And when he does sign, he will use with the standard 'do what is best for my family' excuse.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#5 » by cheese318 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:07 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Well played Paul....I mean LeBron....I mean AD.

So when PG13 did the same thing was that LBJ? Did LBJ make Kawhi ask for a trade? When did AD not make his own decisions in life? Telling me this grown ass man multimillionaire athlete is taking orders from someone? You do realize Anthony Davis is in charge of his own life and his own decisions. Pretty impressive LBJ has mental control of everyone in the league.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,788

Post#6 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:25 pm

cheese318 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Well played Paul....I mean LeBron....I mean AD.

So when PG13 did the same thing was that LBJ? Did LBJ make Kawhi ask for a trade? When did AD not make his own decisions in life? Telling me this grown ass man multimillionaire athlete is taking orders from someone? You do realize Anthony Davis is in charge of his own life and his own decisions. Pretty impressive LBJ has mental control of everyone in the league.

It is impressive LBJ can do that.

Return to Wiretap Discussion